Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Tulle dress diy

amother
Slateblue

Post Tue, Apr 02 2019, 8:19 pm
Anyone create a tunz of tulle dress on their own? Idlike to do try for a simcha. . But I don’t want it to look like an arts and crafts project. Can I buy a tulle skirt, shell, and appliqué?
Is a regular shell too tight?
How can an appliqué be added the easiest least messy way to shell?
Any other ideas?
I would want to make it midi length.
As an example:
https://www.instagram.com/tunzatulle/

Thanks!

amother
Slateblue

Post Wed, Apr 03 2019, 12:53 pm
Any ideas?

ra_mom

Post Wed, Apr 03 2019, 1:35 pm
It's simple if you have the components but it's mighty hard to find a tznius length tulle skirt and that's why most people pay for this.
You can use a regular shell. That's what she used to do.

Last edited by ra_mom on Wed, Apr 03 2019, 1:45 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Amethyst

Post Wed, Apr 03 2019, 1:42 pm
In my opinion tunzatulle gowns look cheap and homemade.

amother
Slateblue

Post Wed, Apr 03 2019, 1:53 pm
Like this skirt looks long enough - really I found a few.

Flofallzique Tulle Tutu Girls Skirt Mid Calf 1-12 Year Old Toddler Skirt Dancing Skirt Girls Clothes (5T, Light Pink) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07K.....DE10P

Are there shells or T-shirt’s with pearls on them already?

little neshamala

Post Wed, Apr 03 2019, 2:24 pm
amother wrote:
Like this skirt looks long enough - really I found a few.

Flofallzique Tulle Tutu Girls Skirt Mid Calf 1-12 Year Old Toddler Skirt Dancing Skirt Girls Clothes (5T, Light Pink) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07K.....DE10P

Are there shells or T-shirt’s with pearls on them already?

This skirt is not going to give you the look of a tunzatulle gown because she uses a lot of tulle to make the gown puff. Using this skirt may look nice, but it will have a straighter a-line dress look vs the puffy tunzatulle look

amother
Slateblue

Post Wed, Apr 03 2019, 2:51 pm
little neshamala wrote:
This skirt is not going to give you the look of a tunzatulle gown because she uses a lot of tulle to make the gown puff. Using this skirt may look nice, but it will have a straighter a-line dress look vs the puffy tunzatulle look

I appreciate that thought. Didn’t realize.

It isn’t necessarily a bad thing. The short skirts that are very puffy aren’t always so flattering in some of the Instagram posts.
There are some amazon customer pictures were it is paired with a shirt. Not sure if it looks too casual or ‘beachy’.
I guess we’ll have to go try on shells to see how they fit

ra_mom

Post Wed, Apr 03 2019, 4:25 pm
You can see how the skirts look with a petticoat. Or now that you have a structured skirt that you bought maybe you can add layers of tulle yourself without it looking homemade.

Last edited by ra_mom on Wed, Apr 03 2019, 6:16 pm; edited 1 time in total

cnc

Post Wed, Apr 03 2019, 4:48 pm
amother wrote:
I appreciate that thought. Didn’t realize.

It isn’t necessarily a bad thing. The short skirts that are very puffy aren’t always so flattering in some of the Instagram posts.
There are some amazon customer pictures were it is paired with a shirt. Not sure if it looks too casual or ‘beachy’.
I guess we’ll have to go try on shells to see how they fit

I think that black tulle skirt paired with an ivory shirt for example can look very dressy,

asdf1

Post Sun, Nov 22 2020, 9:56 pm
Recommendations where to buy tulle to do this in Brooklyn? The cheaper the better Smile

ra_mom

Post Sun, Nov 22 2020, 10:01 pm
asdf1 wrote:
Recommendations where to buy tulle to do this in Brooklyn? The cheaper the better Smile

If you're looking for a short skirt, this is pretty.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d.....image

amother
Slateblue

Post Sun, Nov 22 2020, 10:25 pm
I think I’m the OP of this thread. I tried to do it. But it just didn’t look right. Tried lots of diff shells. So we gave up.

amother
Ruby

Post Sun, Nov 22 2020, 10:47 pm
amother [ Amethyst ] wrote:
In my opinion tunzatulle gowns look cheap and homemade.

Or like cheaply made, tacky Halloween costumes sold in drugstores. What's with those tulle edges sticking up at the waistline? They look like someone made a mistake and sewed the waist seam with the wrong sides together instead of the right sides together, and then left it like that. Yuck.

amother
Ruby

Post Sun, Nov 22 2020, 10:54 pm
little neshamala wrote:

Which would be more elegant and classier. The tunzatulle look is overblown and tasteless, like those awful dolls with big poufy dresses designed to disguise a roll of toilet paper underneath.

amother
Amethyst

Post Sun, Nov 22 2020, 11:04 pm
amother [ Ruby ] wrote:
Which would be more elegant and classier. The tunzatulle look is overblown and tasteless, like those awful dolls with big poufy dresses designed to disguise a roll of toilet paper underneath.

Wow something bad must've happened for you to be so outraged at them.

amother
Copper

Post Sun, Nov 22 2020, 11:09 pm
Just used tunza tulle and was very happy! The girls looked and felt gorgeous - like little princesses. They are not designed to last but they look beautiful the first time you wear it.
Although it was beyond our budget , we went with tunza tulle for peace of mind.

amother
Pumpkin

Post Mon, Nov 23 2020, 8:27 am
I would buy a skirt like this one
https://www.etsy.com/listing/5.....frs=1

Then a tight shell/ tshirt/ leotard + appliques
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics