Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Yeshivas Toras Chaim Denver

Cindy Stein

Post Tue, Apr 02 2019, 8:50 pm
Has anyone heard of yeshivas toras chaim in Denver? what type of boys? is it a warm place? Will a in-town boy feel out of place?

Thanks

amother
Cerise

Post Tue, Apr 02 2019, 11:20 pm
There’s lots of out of town boys. I think actually more than in town. There has been quite a bit of changeover with the rabbeim over the past few years. White shirts, jackets for meals. New dorms. I’m not sure how to compare it to what you’re used to.

malki2

Post Tue, Apr 02 2019, 11:41 pm
Cindy Stein wrote:
Has anyone heard of yeshivas toras chaim in Denver? what type of boys? is it a warm place? Will a in-town boy feel out of place?

Thanks

My son went there. As of a few years ago, not a warm place in my opinion. Old school Menahel. An in-town boy should not feel out of place there because many of the boys are from NY/NJ.

malki2

Post Tue, Apr 02 2019, 11:42 pm
malki2 wrote:
My son went there. As of a few years ago, not a warm place in my opinion. Old school Menahel. They forced the boys to wear hats and jackets by the Shabbos meals and my son still refuses to wear a hat due to this. An in-town boy should not feel out of place there because many of the boys are from NY/NJ.

malki2

Post Tue, Apr 02 2019, 11:43 pm
If you want specifically to send OOT, look into Rabbi Zweig’s yeshiva in Miami.

amother
Silver

Post Wed, Apr 03 2019, 6:12 am
malki2 wrote:
My son went there. As of a few years ago, not a warm place in my opinion. Old school Menahel. An in-town boy should not feel out of place there because many of the boys are from NY/NJ.

Please do your research before you bad mouth a yeshiva.

My son is there now. There is a new Menahel the past 2 or 3 years.
Bh he is doing fantastic! I don’t think he would do so well any other place. It’s a small, solid, healthy yeshiva.
It is out of town, so a lot of the boys are out of town “types”. But nice,solid boys. My son is very very happy.
Rebbeim have been fantastic!
I’ll be happy to answer any other questions.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics