Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
Sharing wifi code
1  2  Next

amother
Amethyst

Post Tue, Apr 02 2019, 10:35 pm
Are there any downsides to sharing wifi with lets say a guest?

nchr

Post Tue, Apr 02 2019, 10:37 pm
IME no.

honeymoon

Post Tue, Apr 02 2019, 10:39 pm
If the guest is very tech savvy they might be able to access your secured information, don't know if that's a problem for you. Otherwise it's relatively safe.

amother
Amethyst

Post Tue, Apr 02 2019, 10:53 pm
honeymoon wrote:
If the guest is very tech savvy they might be able to access your secured information, don't know if that's a problem for you. Otherwise it's relatively safe.

hmm. I don't think this particular nurse is. and she said she needs it for homework.
I've had some nurses in the past who asked bec they wanted to watch videos.
I never know what is the right thing to do...

ra_mom

Post Tue, Apr 02 2019, 10:58 pm
Sometimes you are able to set up a guest password which is separate from yours.
Otherwise change the password when guests is done.

amother
Amethyst

Post Tue, Apr 02 2019, 11:02 pm
ra_mom wrote:
Sometimes you are able to set up a guest password which is separate from yours.
Otherwise change the password when guests is done.

How do I do it?
I'm afraid this is going to be a more than one time request so I might as well have a guest password set up...

And a btw vent. instead of straight out asking me- is it ok if you share your wifi with me so I can do my homework. she hemmed and hawed about needing internet to do her homework & she would hate to waste the night bla bla bla. b'h my (fried) brain was able to chap what she wants. trust me if tables were turned she would not begin to chap what I need of her... (as evidenced in other encounters).

honeymoon

Post Tue, Apr 02 2019, 11:04 pm
amother wrote:
hmm. I don't think this particular nurse is. and she said she needs it for homework.
I've had some nurses in the past who asked bec they wanted to watch videos.
I never know what is the right thing to do...

Then I wouldn't worry and would let her use it.

singleagain

Post Tue, Apr 02 2019, 11:44 pm
Is this nurse supposed to working for you?if this is a worker in your house and you are concerned she will be on the internet instead of doing her job . Then I think you should set up a guest password..but also see if you'd be able to only have it on certain hours so that she wouldn't be neglecting her duties. Or.. Maybe you can make a computer with internet available fo designated homework times?

naturalmom5

Post Tue, Apr 02 2019, 11:47 pm
If they access kiddy [filth] or illegal stuff on your WiFi you are legally responsible

DrMom

Post Wed, Apr 03 2019, 6:30 am
naturalmom5 wrote:
If they access kiddy [filth] or illegal stuff on your WiFi you are legally responsible

Really? What if some pervert walks into Starbucks to nurse a cup of coffee while using their free wifi and accesses something shady. Is Starbucks liable? That doesn't sound right...

mommyhood

Post Wed, Apr 03 2019, 7:27 am
We share with guests, babysitters etc. We have a filter on the internet itself so people aren’t accessing anything inappropriate.

Ruchel

Post Wed, Apr 03 2019, 8:31 am
Adult guests if they ask. Babysitter no way unless there would be a great reason and 18

amother
Blush

Post Wed, Apr 03 2019, 8:43 am
DrMom wrote:
Really? What if some pervert walks into Starbucks to nurse a cup of coffee while using their free wifi and accesses something shady. Is Starbucks liable? That doesn't sound right...

Public WiFi always has some sort of terms and conditions that you agree to before they let you onto their network.

Post Wed, Apr 03 2019, 8:56 am
If this nurse is being paid to be in your house because it is medically necessary, then why is she on the internet? I think you are too nice. She should be doing what she is paid to do. I would set up firm boundaries for the best interest of the patient.

Post Wed, Apr 03 2019, 9:01 am
Duplicate post

Last edited by 33055 on Wed, Apr 03 2019, 9:07 am; edited 1 time in total

amother
Blonde

Post Wed, Apr 03 2019, 9:03 am
I'd be fine with a nurse using WIFI when the person being tended to is sleeping.

yo'ma

Post Wed, Apr 03 2019, 9:04 am
Doesn't it get weaker the more people that use it? Of course depending on your wifi. I could be wrong. Our wifi is lousy either way.

Post Wed, Apr 03 2019, 9:19 am
amother wrote:
I'd be fine with a nurse using WIFI when the person being tended to is sleeping.

People get too wrapped up in what they are doing online. I know I have wanted to finish a post before I check on my cooking for instance. If this is the same poster that has been posting about her frustration with these nurses, then giving them the password is one more distraction that they don't need.

amother
Blonde

Post Wed, Apr 03 2019, 9:39 am
Squishy wrote:
People get too wrapped up in what they are doing online. I know I have wanted to finish a post before I check on my cooking for instance. If this is the same poster that has been posting about her frustration with these nurses, then giving them the password is one more distraction that they don't need.

I understand we have a difference of opinion on this matter.

amother
Cerulean

Post Wed, Apr 03 2019, 10:20 am
naturalmom5 wrote:

If this is a concern, you can filter your wifi. I like Open DNS. Free (for families).
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette