Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
ISO dessert recipe using coconut milk/cream

amother
Sapphire

Post Wed, Apr 03 2019, 8:22 pm
I heard you can make ice cream and mousse, easily
Do you have an exact recipe

TIA

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Wed, Apr 03 2019, 8:59 pm
Never tried these, but hope to...

https://cafedelites.com/3-ingr.....carb/

https://chocolatecoveredkatie......carb/

FranticFrummie

Post Wed, Apr 03 2019, 9:08 pm
Do you have a food processor for Pesach? You can make delicious sorbet this way.

Take a couple of really ripe mangoes. Peel them, dice them, and freeze them. When frozen put them in the processor bowl with the steel blade. Add a little sugar, and process. Add coconut cream until you get the texture of a thick milkshake. Pour it all into a pan, and freeze again. Serve with a small ice cream scoop, or large melon baller.

You can use any type of fruit you like. Adjust the sugar to the amount of sweetness you want. Kiwis, canned pineapple, strawberries, blueberries, etc.

If you get really creative you can serve a small scoop of three different colored sorbets on a plate, with a sprig of mint for garnish. To be super fancy, serve it in wide champagne glasses.

I don't bake on Pesach, and everyone loves this for dessert.

thunderstorm

Post Wed, Apr 03 2019, 10:05 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:
Do you have a food processor for Pesach? You can make delicious sorbet this way.

Take a couple of really ripe mangoes. Peel them, dice them, and freeze them. When frozen put them in the processor bowl with the steel blade. Add a little sugar, and process. Add coconut cream until you get the texture of a thick milkshake. Pour it all into a pan, and freeze again. Serve with a small ice cream scoop, or large melon baller.

You can use any type of fruit you like. Adjust the sugar to the amount of sweetness you want. Kiwis, canned pineapple, strawberries, blueberries, etc.

If you get really creative you can serve a small scoop of three different colored sorbets on a plate, with a sprig of mint for garnish. To be super fancy, serve it in wide champagne glasses.

Sounds yum . Do you know if you use canned pineapple if you need to drain the juice ? And would fresh pineapples work as well?

juggling

Post Wed, Apr 03 2019, 11:18 pm
I'm a huge fan of coconut cream! We use in smoothies. I recently acquired an ice cream maker and hope to experiment with ice cream recipes at some point.

Two improvised desserts I have made with coconut cream:
1. Vanilla pudding. Just mix with vanilla pudding mix and refrigerate. I did this last pesach for a quick dessert. I spooned it into little plastic dessert cups, and topped with a crumb topping (I used matza meal and mixed with sugar and I don't remember what else. But you could probably crumble up some pesach cookies or use ground nuts.)
2. Chocolate mousse. Melt dark chocolate and mix with coconut cream. Depending on the proportions this can be a delicious chocolate pie (again, consider adding a crumb topping or some crumbs underneath). Or a rich ganache frosting. Or let thicken in the fridge and roll into truffles, roll each truffle in cocoa powder.

You can also make whipped cream. You can use the rest of your coconut cream as a whipped topping (goes great on the chocolate pie). It doesn't whip quite as reliably as rich whip, but it's so much better-tasting and better for you! Add a bit of confectioners' sugar to sweeten. Freeze the finished pie if you want it more firm.

amother
Seashell

Post Wed, Apr 03 2019, 11:26 pm
I made yummy ice cream the last few years.I don't remember what recipe but any recipe online can work.

cbg

Post Thu, Apr 04 2019, 5:12 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:

I love this idea

When you freeze it does it become hard and icy or is it scoopable

I love the idea of doing 3 flavors

Does it work to make coconut sorbet?????

ra_mom

Post Thu, Apr 04 2019, 5:13 pm
I make delicious whipped cream with it. Holds better than dairy and it's divine. I haven't tried it with pesach coconut milk. Hope it's good quality.

amother
Cyan

Post Thu, Apr 04 2019, 5:28 pm
Research has linked diets rich in saturated fat with high cholesterol and an increased risk of heart disease. Some people may not consider coconut milk to be heart-healthy, because of its high fat content. ...

amother
Sapphire

Post Sun, Apr 07 2019, 8:17 am
amother wrote:
Research has linked diets rich in saturated fat with high cholesterol and an increased risk of heart disease. Some people may not consider coconut milk to be heart-healthy, because of its high fat content. ...

Sorry you feel that way
I keep to a ketogenic lifestyle and welcome the fat
Not up to discussion
The culprit in coconut milk is the 8g of carbs.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics