Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Help for my baby suffering from severe eczema
Previous  1  2  3  Next

kerem

Post Thu, Apr 04 2019, 8:22 am
If you are in Brooklyn, I can give you providers I know personally who have helped kids with eczema.

srbmom

Post Thu, Apr 04 2019, 8:54 am
My son had moderate eczema, at the same time he was diagnosed with mild asthma and allergies. The dr put him on singular for those two and the eczema completely cleared up. Now at 4yo he is off all medication and bh no eczema has returned.

amother
Copper

Post Thu, Apr 04 2019, 9:32 am
Note--my son was allergic to oats too, so aveno was off limits. If he's allergic to something in the washes, it can make it worse.
My kids eczema was food based allergies, and once we figured out which foods we needed to eliminate they cleared up 95% in a few weeks.

gold21

Post Thu, Apr 04 2019, 9:36 am
amother wrote:
Scratch and blood tests were not accurate for my daughter. Mother’s intuition and diligent tracking of what aggravated it taught me that she is allergic to dairy and eggs.
Aveeno aggravated the eczema (I’m not sure why).
Baking soda baths and Vaseline intensive care lotion have been super helpful! (And of course staying away from dairy, I think at that age I used the aquaphor body wash. Now I use the baby dove. And only free and clear laundry detergents)
Hatzlacha and Refuah shlaimah.

Same. Neither scratch test nor blood test were accurate for my child. I had to track myself. Was very hard to narrow it down but I figured it out and after removing the allergen from his diet, his (awful, persistent) eczema disappeared.

amother
Blonde

Post Thu, Apr 04 2019, 10:21 am
gold21 wrote:
Same. Neither scratch test nor blood test were accurate for my child. I had to track myself. Was very hard to narrow it down but I figured it out and after removing the allergen from his diet, his (awful, persistent) eczema disappeared.

My doctor told me not to stop feeding him the foods he was sensitive to (milk and peanuts) because if the kid isn't exposed to it for a while it goes from being a sensitivity to becoming a full blown allergy. He said to give him small amounts of the foods that he's sensitive to without overloading him completely. At this point we've already worked our way up to being able to give him a full peanut butter sandwich.

amother
Wine

Post Thu, Apr 04 2019, 10:26 am
Normally I recommend aquaphor twice a day. Make sure, however, that your baby is not allergic to the lanolin, a main ingredient in aquaphor :-(.
Also, slather it twice a day.
After the bath, slather with moisturizer, put on a lightly damp pair of pjs over that, and then another (dry) pair on top. This is the recommendation from hopkins eczema clinic.

amother
Jetblack

First do no harm: stop vaccinating! It'll just get worse!

amother
Wine

amother wrote:
My doctor told me not to stop feeding him the foods he was sensitive to (milk and peanuts) because if the kid isn't exposed to it for a while it goes from being a sensitivity to becoming a full blown allergy. He said to give him small amounts of the foods that he's sensitive to without overloading him completely. At this point we've already worked our way up to being able to give him a full peanut butter sandwich.

That is the correct advice.

amother
Hotpink

Post Thu, Apr 04 2019, 10:36 am
I had a few babies/toddlers with exczema. I healed them easily, it just took some time. You have to build up their immune systems, meaning very very clean healthful eating. Absolutely no refined products, and really try to sneak brewers yeast into him, as that has all of the b complex in the correct ratio for optimal repair. you'll be amazed at the results, but it will take a while.

gold21

Post Thu, Apr 04 2019, 10:40 am
amother wrote:
I had a few babies/toddlers with exczema. I healed them easily, it just took some time. You have to build up their immune systems, meaning very very clean healthful eating. Absolutely no refined products, and really try to sneak brewers yeast into him, as that has all of the b complex in the correct ratio for optimal repair. you'll be amazed at the results, but it will take a while.

Hmm. I didn't see it as an immune system issue. It was an allergy in my case. Removal of allergen was all that was needed.

mom2mysouls

Post Thu, Apr 04 2019, 10:54 am
I dont have first hand experience with eczema, but I read in a magazine of this dr. who works with laser technology on the skin cells and gets rid of the eczema completely. (Someone that wrote in, not an ad) He is about an hour away from BP:

Dr. Harry Schick
317 Cleveland Ave.
Highland Park, NJ 08904
732-249-9800

Refuah Shleimah!

anonymrs

Post Thu, Apr 04 2019, 11:08 am
gold21 wrote:
Hmm. I didn't see it as an immune system issue. It was an allergy in my case. Removal of allergen was all that was needed.

An allergy, by definition, is an immune system issue.

gold21

Post Thu, Apr 04 2019, 11:13 am
anonymrs wrote:
An allergy, by definition, is an immune system issue.

Technically, but in reality many people with allergies have robust immune systems aside from the allergies.

amother
Salmon

Post Thu, Apr 04 2019, 11:33 am
My baby also had severe eczema. We bought every cream-the thing that helped us the most is Vaseline. Aquafor made her break out even more. These allergy tests are 50 percent accurate (The allergist in CHOP told us this) try to notice if she breaks out from other foods like soy/acidic fruits...
Good luck!

Chana Miriam S

Post Thu, Apr 04 2019, 11:49 am
My nephew developed it the second he started formula. There’s all sorts of stuff in formula. And not food, but additives that no one tests for because it isn’t food. Also, grains can cause this in some people.

Chana Miriam S

Post Thu, Apr 04 2019, 11:51 am
amother wrote:
First do no harm: stop vaccinating! It'll just get worse!
Twisted Evil LOL

moto

Post Thu, Apr 04 2019, 12:05 pm
mompower wrote:
My baby had awful eczema. It was a bloody nightmare.

I tried so many dermatologists and creams. Nothing helped. One night, out of sheer desperation, I ordered yet another cream. And this one funally did the trick. It’s like magic.

https://eczemahoneyco.com/prod.....w_wcB

His skin became soft like butter. The pain of watching a baby suffer like that is impossible. And then the relief when they finally heal Bh.

Good luck!!!

How old was your child then? I want to use it but honey is not safe under 1 and its on face = getting into mouth is likely.

amother
Blonde

Post Thu, Apr 04 2019, 12:19 pm
moto wrote:
How old was your child then? I want to use it but honey is not safe under 1 and its on face = getting into mouth is likely.

Ask your pediatrician but based on my simple research the minute amounts that would possibly make it into the mouth aren't very likely to cause botulism. Your doctor would be able to properly advise you as to the risks and benefits of this product. Personally I saw great success with olive oil when used in the right way.

amother
Crimson

Post Thu, Apr 04 2019, 1:44 pm
andrea levy wrote:
Twisted Evil LOL

Laugh all you want. My child had slight eczema on his face, which exploded into a bloody, messy case all over his body the day after he had his first round of vaccines (at age 1). We still dont have it under control. I wish we would've been informed Banging head
(although retrospectively I probably wouldn't have listened Sad )

fmt4

Post Thu, Apr 04 2019, 4:34 pm
Google Dr. Aron method. The only thing that really works, believe me I’ve tried it all.
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics