Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Child & Baby Products
Unwanted gifts

amother

Post Sat, Dec 15 2007, 9:58 pm
I received and expect to receive baby outfits for my child's birth, and I dont want to keep some of them because they arent my taste. Anyone know of a place or person I can give the ouitfits to? they would be brand new

mumoo

Post Sat, Dec 15 2007, 10:05 pm
I know where in Chicago. I run a baby and child gemach- we have only the nicest things. This is where people send their unneeded baby presents (a lot of infant clothes with treif animals, for instance!)either for differences in taste, or because the baby outgrows them before the season is right, etc.

If you don't want to ship, isn't there a gemach in your community? I know the people here are really grateful to be able to 'shop' for 1st quality, new items for no money.

amother

Post Sun, Dec 16 2007, 11:23 pm
I live in brooklyn- does anyone know of a baby clothing gmach around here? id love to give these outfits to someone who can use them.

mummiedearest

Post Sun, Dec 16 2007, 11:33 pm
I regift my unwanted gifts. often they are just not useful to me, and no one minds getting them. I usually include something I have bought so I don't feel cheap. if I don't regift them, I can usually find the friend of a friend who could use what I have.

He*Sings*To*Me

Post Sun, Dec 16 2007, 11:39 pm
I do some regifting, but the gemach is a better idea. Also, you can sell them on eBay.

louche

Post Mon, Dec 17 2007, 7:51 am
if it's clothing you can give to orgs like Yad Eliezer that collect clothes to send to EY. Ask in shul or around the neighborhood if anyone has connections to them.

mumoo

Post Mon, Dec 17 2007, 9:02 am
call a kollel, if anyone would know of a gemach a kollel wife would (or she would know someone who could use your clothes)

mom21n2

Post Wed, Dec 19 2007, 10:30 am
I have the perfect solution. I just started a baby items drive in Brooklyn (benefitting Met Council). You can bring them or send them to my house and they will go to good use. PM me and I will give you the details.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics