Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
What TV shows can u watch online and how?
1  2  Next

amother

Post Sat, Dec 15 2007, 10:32 pm
I know u can watch tv shows, comedies, etc online. how? and which ones? thanks

Maya

Post Sat, Dec 15 2007, 10:34 pm
If you check out abc.com, nbc.com, cbs.com and cwtv.com, you can get most of the popular shows full episodes. If there is any particular one you are looking for and can't find, you might want to post it and see if anyone knows which site it is on.

greenfire

Post Sat, Dec 15 2007, 11:05 pm
did you ask your rov?!?!?! Twisted Evil

Toot

Post Sat, Dec 15 2007, 11:12 pm
Thanks for posting this, I've been trying to figure this out myself.

I know you can watch current shows on those sites, but where can I find shows that aren't on the air anymore? Like Friends, Gilmore Girls, etc.

redhot

Post Sat, Dec 15 2007, 11:22 pm
You can watch shows and movies on www.alluc.org

it doesnt always work well though

Toot

Post Sun, Dec 16 2007, 8:30 pm
sthillmom, you're right, the shows I wanted to watch didn't really work. Any other suggestions? Is it all the shows on that site, or do some work better than others? Thanks.

amother

Post Sun, Dec 16 2007, 8:37 pm
mininova.org
isohunt.com
peekvid.com

not all legal, you've been warned

amother

Post Mon, Dec 17 2007, 10:32 am
Quote:
did you ask your rov?!?!?!

Good one Greenfire!

amother

Post Mon, Dec 17 2007, 11:14 am
amother wrote:
Quote:
did you ask your rov?!?!?!

Good one Greenfire!

what was so good about that????

MrsLeo

Post Mon, Dec 24 2007, 7:37 pm
amother wrote:
mininova.org
isohunt.com
peekvid.com

not all legal, you've been warned

To use mininova and isohunt you need to install a torrent downloader like bitcomet or bittorrent and it takes time to download them (anywhere between a few hours to a few weeks) but they are usually perfect or almost perfect quality.

Also a good website to check out if you dont have time or space on your computer to download
ovguide.com
it gives u links to all the video sites, its a great website if they have what you a looking for.

Mama Bear

Post Mon, Dec 24 2007, 9:16 pm
you can always geta netflixaccount for really cheap - like fivedollars a month - and watch last year's seasons on dvd. there are so many good shows that are no longer on the air like arrested development, the west wing, gilmore girls, friends, etc. but I dont take achrayus on your watching habits Very Happy

flowerpower

Post Tue, Dec 25 2007, 4:25 pm
there are so many to watch online, its crazy, I used to have a few to watch at abc.com now with cbs and nbc I better get away lol. im not on much though so its good...

amother

Post Wed, Jan 09 2008, 6:31 am
If you don't live in the USA you can't go to the sites like ABC.com and watch them.

Ruchel is right, read the comments on the movies, music on mininova.com before you download with the BitTorrent software, some of them might be horrible quality, a video captured by a videocamera that is fuzzy , or something that isn't even what you wanted to download, if you get my drift!

amother

Post Wed, Jan 09 2008, 6:48 am
why would you want to access shows online? if you want to watch tv, then just buy a TV, no cable. they're cheap nowadays. and you can rent DVDs. I get a few channels on the small TV. The commercials are worse than some of the shows. I wouldn't insult my intelligence by watching that stuff. There are some great nonfiction shows, such as decorating, food, health, etc. that I can access w/o cable. Other than that, I subscribe to Oprah.com free and get a few short clips that tell me what is on Oprah's show that day. With the clips come the print edition. Keeps me informed and you can really pick up great information.

amother

Post Wed, Jan 09 2008, 12:12 pm
fox.com/fod

amother

Post Wed, Jan 09 2008, 12:42 pm
amother wrote:
why would you want to access shows online? if you want to watch tv, then just buy a TV, no cable. they're cheap nowadays. and you can rent DVDs. I get a few channels on the small TV. The commercials are worse than some of the shows. I wouldn't insult my intelligence by watching that stuff. There are some great nonfiction shows, such as decorating, food, health, etc. that I can access w/o cable. Other than that, I subscribe to Oprah.com free and get a few short clips that tell me what is on Oprah's show that day. With the clips come the print edition. Keeps me informed and you can really pick up great information.

Started at the end of february there will be no more analog tv, you will have to have a cable or satellite subscription to get any kind of tv reception. This is true in NY I dont know if it also applies to other areas.

amother

Post Wed, Jan 09 2008, 12:53 pm
If you know how it works and are not scared of getting spyware and viruses on your computer then bitcomet is best. You download the program from bitcomet.com and then you go to isohunt.com and search for the show or movie you want. When you get search results every item has two columns with numbers on the right side. The "S" (seeders) column means how many people are sending it out to you and "L" (leechers)is how many people want the download. The higher the number in the "S" column the faster and better chance you have of downloading the item. In my experience downloads took from one hour to a few weeks to download. The movies that didnt come out on dvd yet are usually bad quality because they are video taped by someone in the movie theatre so the audio can get messed up and many times the screen gets blocked by people in front of the camera. When you search a movie and it says "dvdrip" somewhere in the title it means that it is coming straight from the dvd so it is the best quality. I downloaded a whole harddrive full of tv shows and movies on bitcomet and I use a separate computer for downloading cuz there are a lot of viruses and spyware lurking around these downloads. I dont use this computer for any sensitive information and I dont save anything that I need on the harddrive (I transfer all my downloads onto an externeral harddrive) and I just restore the computer to factory settings every few months to clear it of all the junk that comes along with the downloads.
Just to give you an example of what I downloaded, I got all 10 seasons of Friends from bitcomet as well as older shows that are hard to find like Roswell. I also got about 20-30 movies in great quality that I later transfered to dvd.
Good Luck!

cassandra

Post Wed, Jan 09 2008, 1:02 pm
amother wrote:
amother wrote:

Started at the end of february there will be no more analog tv, you will have to have a cable or satellite subscription to get any kind of tv reception. This is true in NY I dont know if it also applies to other areas.

You don't need cable. You just need a converter box that costs about $40. And I think it only affects older tvs, and the newer ones have a converter built in.

Last edited by cassandra on Wed, Jan 09 2008, 1:20 pm; edited 1 time in total

justanothermother

Post Wed, Jan 09 2008, 1:17 pm

Last edited by justanothermother on Thu, Mar 06 2008, 7:17 pm; edited 1 time in total

manhattanmom

Post Wed, Mar 05 2008, 3:07 pm
ovguide.com is a compilation of ALL the online TV show sites!

Also, try videolemon.com
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics