Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
What TV shows can u watch online and how?
Previous  1  2

zigi

Post Wed, Mar 05 2008, 10:45 pm
youtube has a lot of things they have antm and girlicious do a search to find whats out there aol.com also has somethings they have old tv shows growing pains, csi and the 3 stooges. diseny.com has full length cory in the house and the suite life of zach and cody.

amother

Post Wed, Mar 05 2008, 11:56 pm
amother wrote:
why would you want to access shows online? if you want to watch tv, then just buy a TV, no cable. they're cheap nowadays. and you can rent DVDs. I get a few channels on the small TV. The commercials are worse than some of the shows. I wouldn't insult my intelligence by watching that stuff. There are some great nonfiction shows, such as decorating, food, health, etc. that I can access w/o cable. Other than that, I subscribe to Oprah.com free and get a few short clips that tell me what is on Oprah's show that day. With the clips come the print edition. Keeps me informed and you can really pick up great information.

Not everyone lives in the US.

Commercials really suck. When you download, there are no commercials.

And you have to watch what's on when it is on.

amother

Post Thu, Mar 06 2008, 12:54 am
It's interesting how people on here that I know, that are coming from the Chasidish Velt, watch these stuff online, when the DH isn't home! I remember growing up and knowing they aren't allowed to watch it and don't have a TV - but now all grown up with internet access... it's another story! Well at least I have more stuff in common now with my childhood friends that I know on here, since were were not Chassidish, but lived on the same block and it was fun anyhow - they accepted us even if we were litvish!

MommyLuv

Post Thu, Mar 06 2008, 3:13 pm
amother wrote:
It's interesting how people on here that I know, that are coming from the Chasidish Velt, watch these stuff online, when the DH isn't home! I remember growing up and knowing they aren't allowed to watch it and don't have a TV - but now all grown up with internet access... it's another story! Well at least I have more stuff in common now with my childhood friends that I know on here, since were were not Chassidish, but lived on the same block and it was fun anyhow - they accepted us even if we were litvish!

and your point is....

amother

Post Thu, Mar 06 2008, 4:03 pm
Go to the site ovguide.com

At the moment surfthechannel.com has alot of old shows.

DefyGravity

Post Thu, Mar 06 2008, 4:08 pm
Just an FYI, I have a friend that used to download tons of shows for free from sites like bitcomet, and she got a letter in the mail from one of the networks threatening to prosecute if she didn't stop downloading. You can be traced!!!!

Just get a netflix account and watch the shows on DVD.

myfriends715

Post Thu, Mar 06 2008, 7:07 pm
cwtv.com
gossip girl, one tree hill etc.

amother

Post Sun, Mar 09 2008, 6:57 am
MommyLuv wrote:

and your point is....

That I thought Chasiddish people were not allowed to watch TV...

amother

Post Sun, Mar 09 2008, 7:09 am
DefyGravity wrote:
Just an FYI, I have a friend that used to download tons of shows for free from sites like bitcomet, and she got a letter in the mail from one of the networks threatening to prosecute if she didn't stop downloading. You can be traced!!!!

that's only an option if you live in the USA.

amother

Post Sun, Mar 09 2008, 3:03 pm
DefyGravity wrote:

You can only watch wat's out on dvd. I have a blockbuster online account but all the new shows arent on dvd.
I have a 350gb hard drive full of movies and tv shows and I just got another 500gb because mine is full and I never got any letters from anyone, u have to know wat u are doing. People that just let their downloads run 24/7 are more likely to be traced. I only download wat I need/want and then I turn it off until the next time. Also, they prosecute the site owners, not the people that download, its not worth it for them to go around prosecuting every tom, d!ck and harry that downloads.

amother

Post Sun, Mar 09 2008, 4:30 pm
amother wrote:
DefyGravity wrote:

that's only an option if you live in the USA.

That's because some of them have tracers, the files, and it's like a spyware and finds out where you are.

amother

Post Tue, Mar 25 2008, 6:28 pm
im trying to watch greys online and the only video I get are the chinese ones and they start and stop all the time. Isnt there a good site where u can watch them online on internet explorer?

Mama Bear

Post Tue, Mar 25 2008, 7:43 pm
at abc.com

cassandra

Post Tue, Mar 25 2008, 7:46 pm
You can also download some current shows legally, through I-tunes.

amother

Post Tue, Mar 25 2008, 8:48 pm
graboid is a great site, you get clear movies. you can have a free trial then pay a small amount but its worth it
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics