Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Are you up to date with the latest?

yo'ma

Post Fri, Apr 05 2019, 9:44 am
This doesn't go under immediate reaction to thread titles, but reading the the thread title, Are natives being replaced by slides this summer?, makes me do a double take. I could say I love living in a place that doesn't care about name brands, but I was never like that, so it never affected me anyway. I don't know how my children would have felt living in an area where they did, but since they didn't, they don't care either. I have no idea what the latest anything is. Do you and do you care?

mig100

Post Fri, Apr 05 2019, 9:51 am
No. Not at all.

PinkFridge

Post Fri, Apr 05 2019, 9:57 am
I wonder in which circles Nativs are being replaced with slides. Because slides don't seem like a match for all communities, and definitely aren't allowed in many schools past preschool.

cm

Post Fri, Apr 05 2019, 10:14 am
I don't know what Natives are, or slides either (I guess shoes that slide on, like mules?) so I guess no, I don't keep up. On the other hand, I don't have any of my old clothes from the 80's, and I enjoy picking out a few new things every season, so my wardrobe is reasonably current. If I don't like a new style, I just skip the shopping trip. In my community, some people are more fashion-conscious than others. People with similar attitudes tend to be friends with one another, which is fine, but fortunately there do not seem to be cliques. I have not noticed anyone being ostracized for her style choices.

ETA I just realized that this is about children's fashion. Kids in my community wear clothing from retailers such as Target (less expensive) and Lands End (more expensive). Some parents go for more exclusive brands, but most do not. The kids don't seem to notice the difference.

Last edited by cm on Fri, Apr 05 2019, 10:30 am; edited 1 time in total

amother
Lime

Post Fri, Apr 05 2019, 10:22 am
yo'ma wrote:
This doesn't go under immediate reaction to thread titles, but reading the the thread title, Are natives being replaced by slides this summer?, makes me do a double take. I could say I love living in a place that doesn't care about name brands, but I was never like that, so it never affected me anyway. I don't know how my children would have felt living in an area where they did, but since they didn't, they don't care either. I have no idea what the latest anything is. Do you and do you care?

My kids have fake crocs as well as sealed water shoes which are practical on rocks. When they go to camp they are too busy enjoying themselves to care about superficial labels. I feel sorry for children who are already so aware of clothes differences to this degree. They should be outdoors having fun, not worrying about designer gear!

(Edited proudly to add that the Crocs are fake cheapo versions.) Very Happy
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics