Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Sheitel Delayed 6 months- what should I do?
1  2  Next

frumNYC

Post Sat, Apr 06 2019, 10:54 pm
hI,

My sheitel was delayed 6 months. I was promissed that by the end of december I would have it. They never once called my tell the status and finally befor pessach when I called them, they said it had arrived (I had to call them, not them me)
as a lawyer its a breach of contract. as a frum woman who believes in keeping this mitzvah, I dont want to pay 6 thousand dollars for a sheitel that was not even on time.

what should I do?

Last edited by frumNYC on Sun, Apr 07 2019, 7:18 pm; edited 1 time in total

Sebastian

Post Sat, Apr 06 2019, 10:56 pm
ask for your money back

watergirl

Post Sat, Apr 06 2019, 10:57 pm
They said what was over? I’m not following.

Also, you have not spoken to then since Chanukah? For something that cost you 6k? Did you pay already?

frumNYC

Post Sun, Apr 07 2019, 7:20 pm
But then I need to get a new sheitel and this is supposed to be one of the best in the US... I think the fair thing to do would be to give me a 10% discount. My husband wants to call a Rabbi. What should I do?

frumNYC

Post Sun, Apr 07 2019, 7:21 pm
I paid half upfront. They didn’t call me after Chanukah. I called them 2 times, the last one was last week. They didn’t even call to tell me about the delay!

notshanarishona

Post Sun, Apr 07 2019, 7:33 pm
Ask a rabbi. Do you have a written agreement with them?

frumNYC

Post Sun, Apr 07 2019, 8:10 pm
It was all verbal but my husband is a whiteness. I don’t want bad blood. All I want is a good wig and a decent relationship with them, in case I want another one.... my first wig was with raizy in crown heights and it was perfect.

Post Sun, Apr 07 2019, 8:15 pm
frumNYC wrote:
It was all verbal but my husband is a whiteness. I don’t want bad blood. All I want is a good wig and a decent relationship with them, in case I want another one.... my first wig was with raizy in crown heights and it was perfect.

Before you ask a rabbi or go the legal route, tell them you want 10% for your inconvenience. If they agree, problem solved.

shyshira

Post Sun, Apr 07 2019, 8:22 pm
Did you need to purchase another wig because this one was (is?) delivered late? Is there some reason the wig is worth less to you now, then it was when you purchased it?

I hear your frustration, but you should probably just tell her that next time you hope she communicates better, and draft a written contract that requires her to refund your deposit, at your request, if she can’t deliver on time.

frumNYC

Post Sun, Apr 07 2019, 8:38 pm
I had to purchase a low quality wig to use in the meantime. I only had one (first year of marriage. So it set me back 1500. I’m only asking for 600 back. 10%.

shyshira

Post Sun, Apr 07 2019, 8:49 pm
frumNYC wrote:
I had to purchase a low quality wig to use in the meantime. I only had one (first year of marriage. So it set me back 1500. I’m only asking for 600 back. 10%.

Thats a different story than “I don’t want to pay...”

Seems like a reasonble request, if you had to make another purchase on account of the late delivery.

frumNYC

Post Sun, Apr 07 2019, 9:01 pm
I don’t mind paying. My first wig was 5400. I have super long hair and my husband asked me not to cut it. I don’t like fighting. But they have wigs 10% off all the time.

Post Sun, Apr 07 2019, 9:10 pm
frumNYC wrote:

When did you purchase your $1500 wig?

Since they told you the end of December, and its only the beginning of April, your wig wasn't delayed 6 months. It was only delayed a little more than 3 months.

When you purchased your $1500 wig is relevant only if you purchased it during the 3 month delay.

If you are an attorney, let them know in a really nice way when you ask for your 10% discount. I think if you push it, you will not have a good relationship.

shyshira

Post Sun, Apr 07 2019, 9:10 pm
frumNYC wrote:
I don’t mind paying. My first wig was 5400. I have super long hair and my husband asked me not to cut it. I don’t like fighting. But they have wigs 10% off all the time.

So explain the situation, your disappointment, your required extra purchase and ask for the discount. It’s your next step if she says ‘no’ which you might want to contact a Rav about.

frumNYC

Post Sun, Apr 07 2019, 9:27 pm
Agree, so I purchased it in December after they told me it was delayed again. I do not need to say I’m an attorney. I just emailed them (for the 100th time) and said hey, can you give me a 10% discount because of the delay and because I was never notified?
Thank you.

I was always told Zelda is the best but I was not expecting this. My mom doesn’t cover her hair, It’s a hard mitzvah for me, given that my natural hair is long and thick... and my first and even the second sheitel I had great customer service.

r1

Post Sun, Apr 07 2019, 9:42 pm
From experience it’s not worth fighting- for a fix/ service it might be. You can make it very clear that you now expect it expedited and you want it to be a pleasant experience for all involved etc.

But they will not take nicely to asking for a discount and it’s not worth your 600$ on such a large purchase for them to give u attitude and think of u as an annoying costomer...

frumNYC

Post Sun, Apr 07 2019, 10:24 pm
Honestly, any non Jewish business would gladly give me the discount. They themselves give the discount many times a year. They delayed my sheitel. So unless I LOVE it. I will not purchase it and just cancel my CC. Or, I will involve a rabbi. BH I can afford expensive sheitels. I would have bought another two this year... and I would have paid another 2000 for it to be on time.

shyshira

Post Sun, Apr 07 2019, 10:32 pm
frumNYC wrote:
Honestly, any non Jewish business would gladly give me the discount. They themselves give the discount many times a year. They delayed my sheitel. So unless I LOVE it. I will not purchase it and just cancel my CC. Or, I will involve a rabbi. BH I can afford expensive sheitels. I would have bought another two this year... and I would have paid another 2000 for it to be on time.

If you are willing to walk away from a $3000 deposit - this business will be thrilled with you. Sounds like finding a new customer for this wig won't be an issue for them.

frumNYC

Post Sun, Apr 07 2019, 10:44 pm
Amex will refund me.

Last edited by frumNYC on Mon, Mar 04 2024, 4:57 am; edited 1 time in total

shyshira

Post Sun, Apr 07 2019, 10:47 pm
frumNYC wrote:
Amex will refund me. If they don’t I will involve a rabbi and then sue them.

That will be the end of your relationship with this store.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels