Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Online yomtov shopping for girls
Previous  1  2  3  Next

octopus

Post Tue, Apr 09 2019, 12:13 pm
amother wrote:
Kidichic sizing runs very weird. My 8 year old size 10 DD needed a size 14 of some stuff.

yes my stuff was too small Crying

ra_mom

Post Tue, Apr 09 2019, 12:34 pm
octopus wrote:
yes my stuff was too small Crying

Can you at least call the store ask them to have the right sizes ready, and run in and do the exchange with the items you received from your online order?

amother
Bronze

Post Tue, Apr 09 2019, 12:48 pm
Oy octopus, that is so annoying!!
Ra mom, by kidichic its best to go with the child & try on. Every item runs funny and different. I also learnt the hard way. Its frustrating.

sky

Post Tue, Apr 09 2019, 4:23 pm
The lands end dresses don’t have that European look but they are just comfy.

Very simple cottony dress. Could be weekday but I know my girls will live in on long hot summer afternoons.
https://www.landsend.com/produ.....Wsays

dry clean only but I would think it could be washed:
https://www.landsend.com/produ.....::LHM

Didn’t try these on but I imagine they will:
https://www.landsend.com/produ.....::H46
https://www.landsend.com/produ.....::KW5

cnc

Post Tue, Apr 09 2019, 4:24 pm
amother wrote:
Oy octopus, that is so annoying!!
Ra mom, by kidichic its best to go with the child & try on. Every item runs funny and different. I also learnt the hard way. Its frustrating.

Yes!
This was my experience too.
I needed to size three sizes up in some things and other things just had a weird cut.
I would not order online especially since many of the things that say run true on the site, I saw first hand run a couple of sizes small.

amother
Lime

Post Tue, Apr 09 2019, 4:33 pm
shirtstop.us

soap suds

Post Tue, Apr 09 2019, 5:55 pm
amother wrote:
there is a new website like aliexpress called shein.com

hope that helps.

Does it also take forever to ship like aliexpress?

amother
Turquoise

Post Tue, Apr 09 2019, 8:32 pm
amother wrote:
there is a new website like aliexpress called shein.com

hope that helps.

Thanks for this site!!!

My DD and I just found her a bunch of dresses that she likes & I even found something for me. Free express shipping (over $99)+ free returns and we found a 20% off coupon. 5 dresses for her (so she can choose what fits/looks best) + a dress for me (plus size) + a few pieces of costume jewelry ($1 and $2 each- needed to up our total and these will make great Yom Tov gifts for my girls) all for $103 (we did buy the $2.99 shipping insurance, included in this total)

She is a TEENager and the fact that we found Yom Tov dresses we agree on is a MIRACLE! I am lucky that she seems to like 50s styles (and she is built for them), something they have tons of.

Amother because I will be telling EVERYONE about this site!

noosheen

Post Wed, Apr 10 2019, 12:05 am
soap suds wrote:
Does it also take forever to ship like aliexpress?

Was thinking same thing ......
Site looks promising but can someone say how long it took to get items shipped? Thanks!!

forgetit

Post Wed, Apr 10 2019, 12:13 am
noosheen wrote:
Was thinking same thing ......
Site looks promising but can someone say how long it took to get items shipped? Thanks!!

I got within a couple of days and was surprised at the nice quality. Didn't wash and wear yet, so can't promise how long it'll hold up, but so far looks like a real find. Thanks to whoever posted this.
Check out thier return policy, though. I didn't return a/t (yet) but I noticed that they have policy of 1st return free. COuldnt figure out what that means. 1st as in w/e I order for a lifetime, or first in case I decide to return my order in several shipments? Not sure. Confused about this.

amother
Royalblue

Post Wed, Apr 10 2019, 1:51 am
Shein have very bad reviews thats why im worried to order from there.

noosheen

Post Wed, Apr 10 2019, 3:12 am
forgetit wrote:
I got within a couple of days and was surprised at the nice quality. Didn't wash and wear yet, so can't promise how long it'll hold up, but so far looks like a real find. Thanks to whoever posted this.
Check out thier return policy, though. I didn't return a/t (yet) but I noticed that they have policy of 1st return free. COuldnt figure out what that means. 1st as in w/e I order for a lifetime, or first in case I decide to return my order in several shipments? Not sure. Confused about this.

What country do you live in?
I live in Canada & sometimes takes much longer to arrive here.

tzimip

Post Wed, Apr 10 2019, 3:32 am
The first item of the order returns free. If at a later time you want to return another item from that order you have to pay shipping for that.

amother
Teal

Post Wed, Apr 10 2019, 4:32 am
amother [ Saddlebrown ] wrote:
Just a warning that Zara shoes run extremely narrow. My girls were so disappointed when their gorgeous Shabbos shoes finally came an were WAY too small. We measured carefully before, and they really couldn't wear them. And now the tags are off, so $80 later, into the gemach bag they go. And still no YT shoes!!

Wishing you better luck!!

No time to read the whole thread, but just have to respond here--you can return to Zara without the tags!!! As long as it's within the return window. And though I think the official return period is 30 days, they usually will allow a grace period of up to 45 days. Obviously print out the receipt. If it's between 30 and 45 days, call them (or if you have a return label already, just mail the package).

I usually save tags but it has happened that I've lost the tags and haven't had a problem returning. I see in the store they don't even look for the tags--for the clothing at least, they just look at the number on the actual label in the garment.

forgetit

Post Wed, Apr 10 2019, 7:13 am
tzimip wrote:
The first item of the order returns free. If at a later time you want to return another item from that order you have to pay shipping for that.

Thanks! What if I return a number of items at the same time?

forgetit

Post Wed, Apr 10 2019, 7:14 am
noosheen wrote:
What country do you live in?
I live in Canada & sometimes takes much longer to arrive here.

US

mfb

Post Wed, Apr 10 2019, 9:27 am
forgetit wrote:

I believe it means you get one return label free. So wait for your whole order to arrive before doing the return. Don’t send back item by item.

forgetit

Post Wed, Apr 10 2019, 9:37 am
mfb wrote:
I believe it means you get one return label free. So wait for your whole order to arrive before doing the return. Don’t send back item by item.

That's what I was hoping. Thanks!

soap suds

Post Thu, Apr 11 2019, 11:43 pm
Wow! Fast shipping plus free returns for Ali prices? Almost sounds too good to be true. I'll definitely be checking them out. Is it too late to order now for Pesach?

dv

Post Fri, Apr 12 2019, 4:51 am
I ordered from saks, Bloomingdales and neiman marcus for my daughter....you would be suprised at how many affordable dresses they have (ie $50-70) and they come quickly and have great return policies
I also found a couple of dresses on amazon
Also try Nordstrom rack and neiman Marcus last call and Macy’s...my kids are the same age and I have had a lot of luck there also
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics