Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Chol Hamoed.

amother
Denim

Post Sun, Apr 07 2019, 7:14 pm
We really want to take the kids somewhere overnight on Chol Hamoed. Finances are pretty tight for a while now and fhey are ao understanding all year making due with what we have and basically being satisfied with the answer that at the moment this is what Hashem gave us and the same way he gives others he will give us to.. We Thank Hashem always and always look at the bright side of things..
We would love to treat them. Anyone know if Washington DC is a place where I can count on low cost entertainment and low cost stay overnight? Are there places to go to that are interesting for ages 5 thru 18 that dont coat an arm and a leg entrance fee?
If anyone was there or has info I would very much appreciate to be able to plan this in advance.

INSPIREME

Post Sun, Apr 07 2019, 7:31 pm
https://washington.org/visit-d.....-town

amother
Rose

Post Sun, Apr 07 2019, 7:32 pm
It's easter week so most hotels and attractions will be expensive chol hamoed.

pesek zman

Post Sun, Apr 07 2019, 7:55 pm
DC is great because there are tons of free museums to go to but you’ll have to pay for hotels.

Ellie7

Post Sun, Apr 07 2019, 8:08 pm
Yup, all the Smithsonian museums are free and you can probably find some that appeal to everyone. Air and space and American history are two good options. You can also check out the monuments for free. I don’t know about accommodations, though.

doctorima

Post Sun, Apr 07 2019, 9:06 pm
As others have said, most of the popular attractions are free, but lodging in DC is quite expensive. Your best bet would be to stay in Silver Spring, where lodging is more affordable, and drive or take the Metro in and out of DC.

amother
Denim

Post Sun, Apr 07 2019, 10:35 pm
Thanks everyone for taking the time to reapond.. I really appreciate that I can now plan in advance.

amother
Babyblue

Post Sun, Apr 07 2019, 11:31 pm
I think DC would be a fantastic trip for those ages. We went to as many free Smithsonian museums that we could cram in. The Air and Space Museum was great as was the Museum of Natural History. If it’s a nice day and you want to be outdoors, you could go to the National Arboretum, National Zoo or Kenilworth Aquatic gardens. All free when we went a few years ago. Budget in transportation costs for taxis or bus for the attractions in the heart of DC as there is no parking. Have fun!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics