Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Fridge/Freezer for Garage

amother
OP

Post Mon, Apr 08 2019, 10:29 am
Any suggestions? Looking for a second one for extra food storage. Someone told me that in the winter, a standing fridge/freezer won't operate well.

amother
Coffee

Post Mon, Apr 08 2019, 10:42 am
I'm assuming you're in the US so I don't have any individual recommendations but look for one that is 'suitable for outbuildings' and you should be okay.

Chayalle

Post Mon, Apr 08 2019, 10:43 am
I have two freezers - a frost free one and a manual defrost one - in my garage, and they did just fine over the winter.

thunderstorm

Post Mon, Apr 08 2019, 10:51 am
Chayalle wrote:
I have two freezers - a frost free one and a manual defrost one - in my garage, and they did just fine over the winter.

Me too. They work fine.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Apr 08 2019, 12:13 pm
I do have two chest freezers outside without a problem. One just broke, and I need to replace it. I also have a standing freezer/fridge ("old style" with freezer on top) in the garage but that freezer seems to stop freezing in the winter. So I was wondering if that was something that was "normal" or if it seems indicative of a problem with the entire unit..in which case instead of getting another chest freezer, I'd look into a fridge/freezer combo for the garage instead.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics