Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
I got nothing!!
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Mon, Apr 08 2019, 3:46 pm
I just had my fifth baby and I have put on alot of weight. I have absolutely NOTHING to put on for yom tov and I'm eating out all of the meals HELP..,
Its bH not because of lack of funds. I just havent found anything flattering.
Any tips of how you all find dresses and outfits?

FranticFrummie

Post Mon, Apr 08 2019, 4:17 pm
Mazel tov on the new baby!

Check out the e-Shakti website. They will semi-custom make anything you like. You pick out a basic outfit, and then tell them how tall you are, if you need longer sleeves, higher neckline, etc.

I think Modli does the same thing.

ra_mom

Post Mon, Apr 08 2019, 4:23 pm
Size, height, problem areas you need to camouflage?
Maybe some of us have ideas.

amother
Scarlet

Post Mon, Apr 08 2019, 4:24 pm
Try esteez online

amother
Mint

Post Mon, Apr 08 2019, 4:33 pm
amother wrote:
I just had my fifth baby and I have put on alot of weight. I have absolutely NOTHING to put on for yom tov and I'm eating out all of the meals HELP..,

Dress Barn has a lot of stuff that will cover your size and you’ll be able to wear even if you lose....

amother
Pumpkin

Post Mon, Apr 08 2019, 4:34 pm
Pencil skirts and flowy tunic tops are usually pretty flattering.

simba

Post Mon, Apr 08 2019, 4:36 pm
That’s annoying!
What city do you live in? What size are you? What stores have you already tried? Who invited you for all the meals?!

amother
Pearl

Post Mon, Apr 08 2019, 4:46 pm
amother wrote:

I know it’s hard. Tips above sound good! Good luck...

Find a couple things that make you feel good and don’t let anybody’s looks or comments get to you and ruin your simchas yomtov.

YOU ARE GREAT!

FranticFrummie

Post Mon, Apr 08 2019, 4:58 pm
amother wrote:

Find a couple things that make you feel good and don’t let anybody’s looks or comments get to you and ruin your simchas yomtov.

YOU ARE GREAT!

THIS!

You just made a whole new human being. You have nothing to be ashamed of or apologize for.

Wear what is comfy and makes you happy.

aricelli

Post Mon, Apr 08 2019, 6:59 pm
Get a new pair of pretty comftorable shoes and set your wig. Thise two things make a big difference in how you look

amother
Bisque

Post Mon, Apr 08 2019, 7:34 pm
op I can relate but staying home. Is there a dressbarn near you? I often have luck with them.

amother
Puce

Post Mon, Apr 08 2019, 9:16 pm
I just got a few plus size tops from Roamans and Kohls. I think I posted links on another thread.

amother
Teal

Post Tue, Apr 09 2019, 2:02 pm
amother wrote:
I just got a few plus size tops from Roamans and Kohls. I think I posted links on another thread.

I love Kohl's. However their 3X is the same as Woman Within 2X. Just be aware.

Beyla

Post Tue, Apr 09 2019, 2:16 pm
I’ve been in your shoes! I bought 2 nice outfits on asos for yom Tov and added up custom jewerly. Send your sheitel to get done before the chag, nice flat comfortable shoes and you go!
I didn’t spend too much on the outfits but it was very nice having cute outfits for this time even thoug I lost weight later BH.
We mothers have regular clothes, maternity clothes, pp clothes... 🤪

Beyla

Post Tue, Apr 09 2019, 2:26 pm
Also Asos has sections with morphology types (tall, petite, curvy, pregnant...) and you can select options (Colors, style, lengths...)

SixOfWands

Post Tue, Apr 09 2019, 2:56 pm
amother wrote:

Mazel tov on the new baby.

I'm guessing your problem is time -- how on earth do you go to a store and try things on when you're dealing with a newborn and Pesach? And how do you know what will be flattering if you don't try it on?

I'd try Esteez skirts. Long enough. Stretchy. Comfy. Warning, they run massive. I ordered the size I wish I could squeeze into for one of their skirts, and its still too big.

Then any type of top that doesn't need to be tucked. Look at nursing tops. But if not, any type of top that's not fitted.

amother
Honeydew

Post Tue, Apr 09 2019, 3:03 pm
Been there...
I ended wearing a maternity skirt and found a few tops. I had to take them to the cleaners to hem the sleeves.

Order a bunch of tops from dress barn, Kohl’s... easy to return what doesn’t fit.
I hope you end up with 3 new top!

turca

Post Tue, Apr 09 2019, 3:08 pm
Mazal tov op! I also have a newborn. Since I have a large family, and after 2 sets of twins, I still look 6 months pregnant. I think the most flattering clothing are pencils skirts and maternity tops that are tighter fitting. Larger clothing are not flattering for my body type. So I’m wearing maternity clothing that I wore when I was 20 weeks pregnant.

rofa

Post Tue, Apr 09 2019, 6:59 pm
I love https://www.eloquii.com/

Very flattering, fashionable, good quality clothing.

Good Luck!

amother
Rose

Post Thu, Apr 11 2019, 1:25 am
An online store/ catalog called Artful Home has gorgeous flattering and comfortable clothing but it's expensive. I am complimented every time I wear the dress I got from there. Check the sales section. They have some tznius tops too.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics