Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Thigh highs that work?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Apr 08 2019, 9:49 pm
I'm expecting a baby in early November IY"H. I've only given birth in winter, but this time most of my big months will be when it is hot outside.

I am thinking of skipping stockings and going to work in long skirts and socks. Another option would be to get thigh high stockings. I want to avoid getting a yeast infection from sweat induced by stockings, and also, I don't want to spend a fortune on maternity stockings.

Anyone know of any decently colored very cheap or durable thigh highs?

naturalmom5

Post Mon, Apr 08 2019, 9:52 pm
With a garter belt it's ok Smile

BetsyTacy

Post Mon, Apr 08 2019, 10:21 pm
Long skirts and socks sounds way more comfortable. If that is acceptable at work, I would absolutely go with that plan and I defy anyone who has had a 3rd timester in a hot sticky summer climate to disagree with me!

amother
OP

Post Mon, Apr 08 2019, 10:26 pm
naturalmom5 wrote:
With a garter belt it's ok Smile

What's that?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Apr 08 2019, 10:28 pm
BetsyTacy wrote:
Long skirts and socks sounds way more comfortable. If that is acceptable at work, I would absolutely go with that plan and I defy anyone who has had a 3rd timester in a hot sticky summer climate to disagree with me!

I'm lucky enough to work in an office where the men know it is inappropriate to comment on women's dress, and several of my coworkers do it once in a while. I don't know that I'd feel comfortable doing it every day unless I found some very classy long skirts - most of mine are very shlumpy.

TranquilityAndPeace

Post Mon, Apr 08 2019, 10:58 pm
I have Berkshire and Hue. They are both great. I despise being sweaty down there due to stockings.

paperflowers

Post Mon, Apr 08 2019, 11:01 pm
I wear Berkshire. I’ve tried other brands that look a little better but the elastic gets so stretched out they are basically one time use.

SYA

Post Mon, Apr 08 2019, 11:07 pm
I use the Hanes silk reflection thigh highs. They’re comfortable and come in several sizes and colors. They usually don’t fall down as long as you don’t dry it in the dryer.

simba

Post Mon, Apr 08 2019, 11:25 pm
SYA wrote:
I use the Hanes silk reflection thigh highs. They’re comfortable and come in several sizes and colors. They usually don’t fall down as long as you don’t dry it in the dryer.

These. I wear the color called: little color.
They are expensive in hosiery shops but can be purchased in bulk and with better pricing at onehanesplace.com.

amother
Peach

Post Mon, Apr 08 2019, 11:33 pm
Sorry, no advise.
Due August. Gave birth in September and had to wear compression stockings Sad Sad

bsy

Post Mon, Apr 08 2019, 11:34 pm
I use memoi and they stay up all day. I use the nude and black.

girlishmom

Post Mon, Apr 08 2019, 11:54 pm
I wear compression thigh highs that do not stay in place. I use a product called 'it stays' a washable 'glue' to hold it in place. I put it on in the morning and mostly will last the whole day, sometimes I need to reapply. If this is helpful...

Ruchel

Post Fri, Apr 12 2019, 10:00 am
Basically you need a garter. I would have done once upon a time now it has a bad connotation
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics