Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
LOOKING FOR THE BEST FACIAL FOR DAUGHTER.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Apr 09 2019, 12:52 am
My dd is seventeen has ok skin but lots of blackheads. I'm looking for someone in Brooklyn or Manhattan. Must be very good and experienced.
I don't know if better means more expensive, but I don't mind spending more if it's someone great.
Any beauty tips for a high schooler that doesn't wear makeup yet, but needs a little something for weddings?

ladYdI

Post Tue, Apr 09 2019, 8:04 am
Edith on ave x. 7186466831
The last time I was there she charged $75 for a 2 hour facial and I spent about $40 on 4 products
I myself used her many years ago and still occasionally go to her.
All my teens go to her and we all use her products. She makes and sells her own
For makeup we go to sephora or Clinique

aycg

Post Tue, Apr 09 2019, 8:08 am
ladYdI wrote:
Edith on ave x. 7186466831
The last time I was there she charged $75 for a 2 hour facial and I spent about $40 on 4 products
I myself used her many years ago and still occasionally go to her.
All my teens go to her and we all use her products. She makes and sells her own
For makeup we go to sephora or Clinique

This! I’ve been going to Edith for years. Her DIL Olga is there most of the time now and she’s great.. worth the trip from wherever u live!

emmes

Post Tue, Apr 09 2019, 9:00 am
Another vote for Edith.. I was actually there last week and my face is much better. (Typing this while waiting for the comphor(sp?) Mask to dry.... A tip to get it off easily, anyone?)

amother
OP

Post Tue, Apr 09 2019, 9:06 am
Edith it is!
Are her products necessary? Do they really work?
I've seen people spend hundreds at these type of places and wondered if they were fooled into buying it. Which products do you think is really worth buying?
Thanks for the advice!

amother
Burlywood

Post Tue, Apr 09 2019, 9:12 am
Echoing what others said, Edith in Flatbush is great.
Or Mario Badescou in Manhattan.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Apr 09 2019, 9:29 am
I've never had a facial before( bh good skin). What can my daughter expect? Redness? Puffiness? How many days before an event should she go? How often do teens go? Every couple of months? Whenever skin looks bad?

emmes

Post Tue, Apr 09 2019, 9:34 am
You should get her products. It's the same she uses in the facial and sort of continues the treatment. It really helps. I see a difference every day from when I was there last week.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Apr 09 2019, 9:34 am
amother wrote:
Echoing what others said, Edith in Flatbush is great.
Or Mario Badescou in Manhattan.

Was one better than the other? I have the "manhattan is better" mentality. Is it better than Brooklyn?

ladYdI

Post Tue, Apr 09 2019, 9:44 am
Just FYI
Now bein haznanim and before yom Tov it’s a zoo there. If you can wait til the girls and boys go back to yeshiva and seminary you’ll enjoy your experience much more (it’s 2 hours regularly and can be 3 when it’s busy)
She gives you products based on your skin type and they are not very expensive
As per how often it depends on how bad the skin is but they always suggest frequent follow up facials which is not always necessary
For average teenage blackheads and not too much going on,every 2-3 months in the begginining and then can space it out. Just remember to buy enough products to last you for that whole time. They usual sell enough to last a month but you can always go to her just to pickup refills
She also does a nice job shaping eyebrows

amother
Burlywood

Post Tue, Apr 09 2019, 9:46 am
OP, They're both great. I wouldn't shlep to Manhattan if DD had just blackheads and no acne. Edith is great

amother
Gold

Post Tue, Apr 09 2019, 9:55 am
I love Shiseido. Ive used Edith in the past but went to shiseido once and never looking back...

Sammy Beauty Cosmetics Inc.
1918 86th Street
Brooklyn, NY 11214
(718) 236-3123

its worth to check it out. also keep in mind their baseline facial is $40 so great prices as well!

amother
Babyblue

Post Tue, Apr 09 2019, 10:02 am
amother wrote:
I've never had a facial before( bh good skin). What can my daughter expect? Redness? Puffiness? How many days before an event should she go? How often do teens go? Every couple of months? Whenever skin looks bad?

I went there once as a teen, and really was unprepared. The lady I got kept me there with a steamer for a crazy long time (maybe 45 minutes) without telling me how long it would take. I was so faint and uncomfortable. Then she comes in to poke out the blackheads, clucking all the while about how bad my skin is, how terrible it is to have so many blackheads and how little of it she'll 've able to get out in only one 2 hour session. It was WAY more painful than I'd expected and she was totally oblivious to my pain, zero reassurance. My eyes were streaming by the end, but I forced myself to get through it. Then they put this green gook on my face without warning me that it would take a day or two for the horrid green tint to fade. Worst of all, I had red marks from the procedure dotted all over my face which also took a good 2-3 days to clear up. I looked like a mixture of Vashti and Queen Esther together - pimples with a green tinge. They gave me lots of homemade creams, many fI which were not a good match for my skin tone. And they were not very kind or reassuring. Never went back. I'm totally traumatised and prefer the blackheads! I don't know if this is their normal routine, but please just prepare your daughter in advance!

amother
Burlywood

Post Tue, Apr 09 2019, 10:05 am
I have very sensitive skin so my face is all red for at least 4 days after a facial, and dry for even longer. I do a facial at least 2 weeks before a simcha.

amother
Gold

Post Tue, Apr 09 2019, 10:10 am
I found that Edith is very harsh with extraction and stuff she uses, as apposed to Shiseido they are so gentle and barely looked red even an hour later. seriously felt face glow and feel sooo good right after.

sra

Post Tue, Apr 09 2019, 10:20 am
amother wrote:
I went there once as a teen, and really was unprepared. The lady I got kept me there with a steamer for a crazy long time (maybe 45 minutes) without telling me how long it would take. I was so faint and uncomfortable. Then she comes in to poke out the blackheads, clucking all the while about how bad my skin is, how terrible it is to have so many blackheads and how little of it she'll 've able to get out in only one 2 hour session. It was WAY more painful than I'd expected and she was totally oblivious to my pain, zero reassurance. My eyes were streaming by the end, but I forced myself to get through it. Then they put this green gook on my face without warning me that it would take a day or two for the horrid green tint to fade. Worst of all, I had red marks from the procedure dotted all over my face which also took a good 2-3 days to clear up. I looked like a mixture of Vashti and Queen Esther together - pimples with a green tinge. They gave me lots of homemade creams, many fI which were not a good match for my skin tone. And they were not very kind or reassuring. Never went back. I'm totally traumatised and prefer the blackheads! I don't know if this is their normal routine, but please just prepare your daughter in advance!

Usually not...

cnc

Post Tue, Apr 09 2019, 1:29 pm
I wasn't impressed with Mario Badescu's facials so don't fall for the "Manhattan is better mentality".

amother
OP

Post Tue, Apr 09 2019, 11:04 pm
Oh my babyblue!
Now I have to rethink the facial. My daughters face is not that bad for her to go through that. If there's a chance for girls to look like you described, when do ppl even get their facial?

reality mom

Post Wed, Apr 10 2019, 12:01 am
Panim yafot does a phenomenal, gentle facial.

ladYdI

Post Wed, Apr 10 2019, 7:58 am
The more stuff that she has on her skin the more work needs to be done.
For a few blackheads and few pimples it should not be a ‘traumatic’ experience.
That being said it is normal to be red and splotchy for 24-48 hours.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics