Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
Funny Erev Pesach meals
1  2  Next

Oops

Post Tue, Apr 09 2019, 7:25 am
I gave my kids noodles and wafers for dinner TMI

I had to finish this last pckg. of noodles.
My kids were upset there is no main dish, so I put on their plates 2 wafers each and told them to pretend it's tuna patties. LOL

(the freezer is finally empty, and the kitchen is almost ready for Pesach cooking, so I'm not buying for now hot-dogs, or the sort...)

Blessing1

Post Tue, Apr 09 2019, 7:54 am
Sorry, that's not a "funny" meal. It's not a meal at all. I don't deprive my kids of normal food erev pesach. Like the saying goes "your kids are not the korban pesach."

lkwdlady

Post Tue, Apr 09 2019, 7:59 am
Blessings , her kids did not go to bed hungry. She fed them. It’s fine every once in a while not to have a well balanced meal.

On that note, my kids ate potato kugel and chocolate. It’s all fine sometimes. We obviously don’t eat like that on a regular basis.

DVOM

Post Tue, Apr 09 2019, 8:10 am
Blessing1 wrote:
Sorry, that's not a "funny" meal. It's not a meal at all. I don't deprive my kids of normal food erev pesach. Like the saying goes "your kids are not the korban pesach."

Goodness. Is noodles such a terrible meal? We have noodles for dinner sometimes. This is not deprivation. It's life.

I'm not making Pesach and my kids had chicken cutlets, grapes, and chocolate muffins last night. Even when I offer a well balanced meal, not all of my kids are willing to eat all parts of it.

Oops

Post Tue, Apr 09 2019, 8:19 am
lkwdlady and DVOM thanks!

I've got great childhood memories of Erev Pesach. We would get into water fights while cleaning, and lots of other fun. Weird food combinations are just part of the fun!!!

Blessing1

Post Tue, Apr 09 2019, 8:23 am
The food may be weird, but it should be actual food. Goodness, it's 10 days to pesach, not a day before. Telling kids to pretend wafers are tuna patties is just wrong to give for dinner just because it's erev pesach.

flmommy

Post Tue, Apr 09 2019, 8:34 am
Totally disagree with Blessings1. OP I’m sure your kids were happy to pretend. Weirder then my dinners are the lunches I am sending to school. All fairly healthy but since I have no bread just weird combos of leftovers and stuff.

Blessing1

Post Tue, Apr 09 2019, 8:47 am
Well, I guess I'm bh from the minority that don't go crazy the weeks leading up & deprive my family of something normal to eat.
It may be acceptable for a day or 2, but if you'll be serving wafers and muffins for dinner for the next 10 days, then you've got a problem....... it's just not fair. Especially when the kids express that they're upset that there's no main dish.

Oops

Post Tue, Apr 09 2019, 10:01 am
Who said a week or 2? I'll be cooking from tomorrow already Pesach meals. If they really want bread, they can take a scrambled egg from the kitchen and eat it with bread in the Chometz corner.

But seriosly, Blessing1, even if it's for 2 weeks nothing will happen. My kids were perfectly happy with those wafers and are not malnourished!!!

It really all depends on the attitude

Tzedek Tirdof

Post Tue, Apr 09 2019, 10:06 am
Blessing1 wrote:

Oh please, get off your high horse. OP opened this thread to share funny leftover chametz meal stories. She did not expect to alert the nutrition police or quasi-social workers accusing her of sacrificing her children. I bet your kids would be thrilled to have noodles and wafers for a change!

SuperWify

Post Tue, Apr 09 2019, 10:25 am
Blessing1 wrote:
Well, I guess I'm bh from the minority that don't go crazy the weeks leading up & deprive my family of something normal to eat.
It may be acceptable for a day or 2, but if you'll be serving wafers and muffins for dinner for the next 10 days, then you've got a problem....... it's just not fair. Especially when the kids express that they're upset that there's no main dish.

I’m confused.

Why is pasta not a main dish?

notshanarishona

Post Tue, Apr 09 2019, 10:38 am
Noodles are a main dish, not sure what's wrong with that. If just giving wafers obviously something is wrong.

tweety1

Post Tue, Apr 09 2019, 11:05 am
Tzedek Tirdof wrote:
Oh please, get off your high horse. OP opened this thread to share funny leftover chametz meal stories. She did not expect to alert the nutrition police or quasi-social workers accusing her of sacrificing her children. I bet your kids would be thrilled to have noodles and wafers for a change!

This! This! This!!!!!!

iyar

Post Tue, Apr 09 2019, 12:25 pm
Blessing1 wrote:

Oh please. Who said anything about the next 10 days?!
The hardest time is when the kitchen is in middle of being turned over and there's nowhere to cook chametz or Pesach. (Not everyone has a second kitchen and not everyone can afford take out, which is anyway not nutritious in most cases.) Some people turn over right before bedikas chametz. Some people turn over 10 days before.
I'm sure OP will be serving her kids a nice pan of grilled Pesach chicken and vegetables as soon as her kitchen is done. And it's not your business to go snooping to find out exactly when that will be.

Tzutzie

Post Tue, Apr 09 2019, 1:22 pm
My kids need normal food with very little starch/carb or they go nuts. I wish I could just give them a bpj sandwich or noodles and call it a day....
But that sounds like fun.... Laugh
On rosh chodesh adar I check what I still have. And use it up. If/what stays left over I give away or dump my extra chamatz.
Tuna out of a can with littke Melba toast (or matzo- my kids are still little) and cut up veggies will probably be the "turn over dinner".

And yeah, while making "pesachdig" the books, one of my kids decided her shoes needed a bubble bath with handsoap in the vanity sink.
She is also constantly "watering" her crocs that I mistakenly shrunk in the dryer so that it'll "grow" Can't Believe It LOL
And she's so proud she's helping clean for pesach LOL

sra

Post Tue, Apr 09 2019, 1:36 pm
I serve noodles for supper all the time...

soap suds

Post Tue, Apr 09 2019, 2:07 pm
Tzutzie wrote:
My kids need normal food with very little starch/carb or they go nuts. I wish I could just give them a bpj sandwich or noodles and call it a day....
But that sounds like fun.... Laugh
On rosh chodesh adar I check what I still have. And use it up. If/what stays left over I give away or dump my extra chamatz.
Tuna out of a can with littke Melba toast (or matzo- my kids are still little) and cut up veggies will probably be the "turn over dinner".

And yeah, while making "pesachdig" the books, one of my kids decided her shoes needed a bubble bath with handsoap in the vanity sink.
She is also constantly "watering" her crocs that I mistakenly shrunk in the dryer so that it'll "grow" Can't Believe It LOL
And she's so proud she's helping clean for pesach LOL

That is so adorable! I love her idea of watering her crocs! That's too cute! I should try watering my daughter's bangs which I accidentally cut too short. I don't think you were too thrilled with her watering her shoes, though!

soap suds

Post Tue, Apr 09 2019, 2:10 pm
Reminds me of the time one of my classmates asked our high school biology teacher if there's anything she can do to grow taller (I guess we were learning about growth hormones of something), and teacher said, you can try walking in the rain without an umbrella.

livinginflatbus

Post Tue, Apr 09 2019, 3:09 pm
Op sounds very creative and I’m sure they really enjoyed their supper! And which kid eats a proper main side and vegetable anyway?

chaj

Post Tue, Apr 09 2019, 3:30 pm
not sure if it was a weird meal today but I cooked all leftover frozen veggies with random leftover pasta and tofu and called it soup. my kids came home looked inside the pot and were like oi mommy what is this?? so I pureed it and it looked even more weird because of the pureed tofu. But miracle: my kids loved it and even said if I can make more often Smile
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics