Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Measles Explained
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

amother
Coral

Post Wed, Apr 10 2019, 10:52 am
Mevater wrote:
Lets give credit where credit is due. Both of the Williamsburg women here spoke English quite well. It could have been a lot worse. The woman who said she doesnt have kids yet and her husband is a teacher needs some grammar lessons.

Unlike the turban-clad Skver woman who told a reporter "Or you vaccinate or you stay home."

Sebastian

Post Wed, Apr 10 2019, 11:06 am
amother [ Coral ] wrote:
Unlike the turban-clad Skver woman who told a reporter "Or you vaccinate or you stay home."

she sounds more sane to me. (Her first "or" should've been an "either" but otherwise, the sentence makes sense)

farm

Post Wed, Apr 10 2019, 11:17 am
Mevater wrote:
The Chassidic women in the clip defend their position quite well.

https://www.theyeshivaworld.co......html

I hope you were being sarcastic. I’m still cringing by how unintelligent and primitive she sounded 🤐

amother
Lilac

Post Wed, Apr 10 2019, 11:20 am
Mevater wrote:
Lets give credit where credit is due. Both of the Williamsburg women here spoke English quite well. It could have been a lot worse. The woman who said she doesnt have kids yet and her husband is a teacher needs some grammar lessons.

Why does speaking English quite well award a person credit in an argument about vaccination?

amother
Tan

Post Wed, Apr 10 2019, 12:16 pm
farm wrote:
I hope you were being sarcastic. I’m still cringing by how unintelligent and primitive she sounded 🤐

Understatement of century. Half way intelligent people don't scream like that. They sound like.bunch of 2 year olds.

To think we once had reputation as intelligent people of the books. Punch

All in the name of their "religious beleifs"....total lie...ugh..ugh ...disgusting Punch

amother
Seafoam

Post Wed, Apr 10 2019, 12:19 pm
How did the anti-vax ideology infiltrate this insular community?

amother
Tan

Post Wed, Apr 10 2019, 12:40 pm
amother [ Seafoam ] wrote:

With anti-vax horrific propaganda like peach magazine other similar organizations

The uneducated were the easiest victims to nonsense unfortunately

amother
Coral

Post Wed, Apr 10 2019, 12:47 pm
Because they have the most kids, they get to see the most adverse reactions.

amother
Taupe

Post Wed, Apr 10 2019, 12:50 pm
amother [ Tan ] wrote:
With anti-vax horrific propaganda like peach magazine other similar organizations

The uneducated were the easiest victims to nonsense unfortunately

I agree. Unfortunately, almost no one in the community has the educational background to be discerning about research, understand research, or even have a general understanding of much of human biology beyond a HS level. These are major contributing factors.

Sebastian

Post Wed, Apr 10 2019, 12:52 pm
amother [ Coral ] wrote:
Because they have the most kids, they get to see the most adverse reactions.

ime most anti vaxers never saw a reaction, just heard horror stories. IMO it has to do with being uneducated and not trusting authority.

I had a severe reaction to a vaccine and my mother continued to vaccinate. I never had another reaction (except to that one vaccine that I don't get anymore) and neither did my siblings. She knew reactions are rare and unlikely to reoccur. She was also thrilled when the chicken pox vaccine came out and immediately gave it to my younger siblings so they don't have to suffer for no reason.

amother
Tan

Post Wed, Apr 10 2019, 12:54 pm
farm wrote:

the posters on yeshiva world- are finally saying the things people on imamother are too "polite" to say. they say it better than I have the guts to - so ill just quote them.

Quote:
"These women give a lot of ammunition to those people who say that frum schools need to have better education for their students
These women are uneducated and unable to express themselves."

"Welcome to the world of “psychland”!!
Just curious if she spoke to her “spiritual leader” about giving an interview on television?"

"Just when you thought you had heard the most stupid comments possible, these two rocket scientists come along and attribute their nareshkeit to their “spiritual guide” Iaka rebbe??) Have these women ever taken a course in biology or do they just repeat the stuff they have heard from others with no understanding of what a vaccine is and how if functions?"

"What idiots!!!!! Which Rebbe or Rav has come out against the measles vaccine?? When did this become a religious issue?

And then we question the anger against our community for helping to spread this highly contagious disease.

They are fueling the outrage and feeding the anti-semitism directed against us.

What fools! I suspect that they will be getting it over their heads for their public comments."

"These women are hypocrites. They say it’s against their religious beliefs to havfe preventive vaccines but allow their pictures on public media!"

"I wonder if the people who started this narishkeit and support the websites, etc. are anti-Semites who are looking to give frum Jews a bad reputation. It is certainly having that effect. The anti-vax ideology isn’t Jewish – it comes into our communities from outside, and is really an especially vicious form of assimilation.Has anyone tracked down these ideas to their source? If the stuff is online, someone had to put it there – someone who is not our friend."

"This small group of vocal anti-vaxxers do not represent the Orthodox Jewish community or its religion. According to the leading Halachic decisors, including the Edah Hacharedis, vaccines are required and no religious exemption is applicable (by the way, although a women’s headgear does not indicate her religious status, the Edah Hacharedis women do not wear wigs either).

It is incumbent on the community leaders to circulate a proclamation and kol koreh from the leading rabbis stating that vaccines are required al pi halacha.

Interesting that these group of women – who can’t formulate a coherent sentence – are now poskim, medical experts and legal scholars."

the chillul hashem is more disturbing to me than the disease.

southernbubby

Post Wed, Apr 10 2019, 12:57 pm
Follow the money. There are loads of alternative medicine options aimed at the frum community.

amother
Coral

Post Wed, Apr 10 2019, 1:02 pm
Sebastian wrote:
ime most anti vaxers never saw a reaction, just heard horror stories. IMO it has to do with being uneducated and not trusting authority.

I had a severe reaction to a vaccine and my mother continued to vaccinate. I never had another reaction (except to that one vaccine that I don't get anymore) and neither did my siblings. She knew reactions are rare and unlikely to reoccur. She was also thrilled when the chicken pox vaccine came out and immediately gave it to my younger siblings so they don't have to suffer for no reason.

There are plenty to go around unfortunately.

amother
Vermilion

Post Wed, Apr 10 2019, 1:02 pm
I know non-chasidish people who don’t vaccinate.
I’m sure there are also non-Jewish people who are anti-vax.
I hate that these media clips give the impression that these women’s beliefs represent chasidish ideologies.
The vast majority of chasidish people do vaccinate.
They should not be claiming religious beliefs.
This is nothing other than their personal beliefs.

amother
Crimson

Post Wed, Apr 10 2019, 1:03 pm
southernbubby wrote:
Follow the money. There are loads of alternative medicine options aimed at the frum community.

I followed the money and I arrived at the doors of the pharmaceutical industry.

amother
Tan

amother [ Taupe ] wrote:
I agree. Unfortunately, almost no one in the community has the educational background to be discerning about research, understand research, or even have a general understanding of much of human biology beyond a HS level. These are major contributing factors.

beyond hs level? I doubt they even know nearly that much.

they are too stupid to even realize how uneducated they are. the less you know on something the easier it is to think you are an expert on the topic

nothing convinces me of the importance of education more than this anti-vax nonesense.

the dangers of stupidity Punch Punch

asmileaday

There always were anti vaxxers but I believe it got worse because of the anti vax Peach magazine that was widely distributed.

amother
Tan

Post Wed, Apr 10 2019, 1:05 pm
amother [ Vermilion ] wrote:
I know non-chasidish people who don’t vaccinate.
I’m sure there are also non-Jewish people who are anti-vax.
I hate that these media clips give the impression that these women represent chasidish ideologies.
The vast majority of chasidish people do vaccinate.
They should not be claiming religious beliefs.
This is nothing other than their personal beliefs.

THEY DONT REPRESENT JEWISH RELIGION. THEY REPRESENT STUPID UNEDUCATED PEOPLE

still the largest outbreaks were in the chasidish communites. there is no one to blame but ourselves. Punch Punch

amother
Vermilion

Post Wed, Apr 10 2019, 1:11 pm
amother [ Tan ] wrote:
THEY DONT REPRESENT JEWISH RELIGION. THEY REPRESENT STUPID UNEDUCATED PEOPLE

still the largest outbreaks were in the chasidish communites. there is no one to blame but ourselves. Punch Punch

They made it sound as if they do with their references to religious beliefs and listening to their Rabbis.

amother
Tan

Post Wed, Apr 10 2019, 1:13 pm
amother [ Vermilion ] wrote:
They made it sound as if they do with their references to religious beliefs and listening to their Rabbis.

Which is disgusting beyond horrific and foolish.
Page 4 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics