Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Working and pregnancy
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Tue, Apr 09 2019, 5:33 pm
I need some desperate advice!!

How do you women do it??

Pregnancy is draining physically and emotionally... how do you all cope?

Get to work on time with morning sickness and get ur work done with feeling dizzy and nauseous at the same time!

It’s my first here BH and work in the corporate world... I feel like I’m physically collapsing

Would love to hear your thoughts!

ectomorph

Post Tue, Apr 09 2019, 5:35 pm
Try Zofran if you really need to function. W
One of my sil is a PA and takes it. I finally took it with my last kid and it was a huge difference.

Edit: but yea, its really hard to function. I don't know how people do it either. My mother couldnt work after the 7th month at all. Everyone's body is different

amother
Violet

Post Tue, Apr 09 2019, 5:39 pm
I'm sorry, it's really hard. Ask your doctor about taking something for nausea, if you're not already. I know more than one person who had to take medical leave from corporate jobs because they simply couldn't do it. Sometimes it's hardest with the first pregnancy so don't stress about dealing with it again in the future. Just try to survive one day at a time.

amother
Copper

Post Tue, Apr 09 2019, 5:40 pm
Most doctors are not prescribing zofran anymore, its supposedly not safe. There's some vitamin that's supposed to help with nausea.

amother
Khaki

Post Tue, Apr 09 2019, 5:43 pm
I had a similar post recently at the beginning of my pregnancy. I suffered through it (exhausted and nauseated) and eventually it got better until now I feel fine- except a little tired, but nothing like at the beginning. Of course there are some people who remain super sick and/or tired the entire pregnancy- I hope that isn't the case for you and it eases after a bit. If super bad talk to your dr. about medication options.

amother
Mustard

Post Tue, Apr 09 2019, 5:50 pm
I was just there so I can really feel for you. It's HARD! You just muddle through and know that it's NOT easy for many of us. We are doing it cuz for whatever reason we have to. That's it. You work sleep and do bare minimum of family stuff. And that's it. Miserable:( the good news is hopefully it's just the first trimester and it will end soon. Your energy will return.

amother
Powderblue

Post Wed, Apr 10 2019, 7:12 am
Hug

It's hard. You'll feel like you're falling apart. But in a couple weeks, it'll be ok!
Maybe tell one person (in secrecy) in case you need help.

amother
Magenta

Post Wed, Apr 10 2019, 8:52 am
It's part of the curse
I am in my third trimester and ok at work but crash when I come home: my house is filthy, piles of laundry everywhere, kids don't have new clothing or enough snack at school, going away for Pesach but don't know how to get the minimum done, etc

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Wed, Apr 10 2019, 9:01 am
Bshaa tova!
Its hard.
Drs prescribe things like diclegis that make the nausia bearable, so that you can function a little better. Vitamin b6 apparently helps with this
The nausia gets better by the 2nd trimester( sometimes) there are little tricks to help;eat small frequent meals and never have ur stomache completely empty. I try to drink alot of lemon tea/boiled lemon with ginger, or gingerale when im nausias
Good luck!

amother
Lemon

Post Wed, Apr 10 2019, 9:05 am
I honestly don't know how all my friends do it. I teach twice a week. In the first trimester I came home and crashed, now I'm in my ninth month I can barely walk. The two hours or so is a huge ordeal for me. And then I see people working full time till their due date.
I really don't get it

amother
Royalblue

Post Wed, Apr 10 2019, 9:26 am
amother [ Lemon ] wrote:
I honestly don't know how all my friends do it. I teach twice a week. In the first trimester I came home and crashed, now I'm in my ninth month I can barely walk. The two hours or so is a huge ordeal for me. And then I see people working full time till their due date.
I really don't get it

It doesn't mean we're actually coping, it's ok. (I worked full time until and including the day I was scheduled for induction)

amother
Lilac

Post Wed, Apr 10 2019, 10:23 am
I work full time in the corporate world too, and in my first trimester.
Bh I have night sickness instead of morning sickness...I'm slightly nauseous all day but it really hits at about 7 pm when I just collapse into bed or start throwing up. Dh is doing everything that needs to be done at home, he's cooking and cleaning up. But the best thing is that I can get thru the day. I am tired and not much energy but it's manageable.
I am on unisom and B6 so that could be why I'm not sick all day.
Definitely speak to your doctor about your medication options...and know there are others out there in the same boat! Hopefully it'll all pass in a couple of weeks.

amother
Floralwhite

Post Wed, Apr 10 2019, 10:28 am
Part of life. You do what you gotta do.

Yes, I’ve had extremely difficult pregnancies. I know what it’s like.

Now throw rotten tomatoes

amother
Mint

Post Wed, Apr 10 2019, 10:30 am
amother [ Lemon ] wrote:
I really don't get it

op- I could have almost written your post - except I have a lower pressure job- there is no way I coudl have handled a corporate job during my first trimester

to everyone wondering "HOW EVERYONE ELSE is doing it" -they are saying the same thing about you!!!- im certain

my first trimester- I dragged myself to work- did the bare minimum and dragged myself hom to collapse on the couch. I remember one day telling dh every day " how does everyone else do it??" "there are many women with more intense jobs and they manage"

the next day I opened imamother to a similar thread asking "how does everyone else manage to work while pregnant" lightbulb- im not the only one who finds it hard

a few weeks later when I told a family member I was baruch hashem pregnant- her first reaction "really! you seemed so energetic when I saw you" ummmm.... yous saw me twice on a good day-- do you you know what I looked like most days'- barely able to get off the couch all sunday.

amother
Seashell

Post Wed, Apr 10 2019, 10:30 am
amother [ Floralwhite ] wrote:

some people literally cant.

I am lucky that my job entails sitting at a desk and not moving around otherwise I would have had to take a leave of absence.

If I had a job where I was on my feet it would not have worked out.

amother
Copper

Post Wed, Apr 10 2019, 10:34 am
It's my first pregnancy that I'm not working. And I keep on thinking back at how in the world did I manage to work through pregnancy and come home to a baby that's not even one year old!! I honestly don't know how I got through it. But I guess we gotta do what we gotta do & try to pull through without falling apart.

amother
Lavender

Post Wed, Apr 10 2019, 1:45 pm
amother [ Seashell ] wrote:

I am lucky that my job entails sitting at a desk and not moving around otherwise I would have had to take a leave of absence.

I’m a PT at a sensory gym and am on my feet all day. The first trimester was a nightmare. Second trimester is more bearable but still tough. I always wish for a desk job when pregnant.

ectomorph

Post Wed, Apr 10 2019, 1:55 pm
amother [ Floralwhite ] wrote:

Extremely difficult? I know someone who bled every time she moved. She ended up on bed rest.

Everyone's body is different. Not everyone can just push thru it.

I remember reading a post by a frum marathon runner who talked about how it was difficult to run at 7 months pregnant, but it was "mind over matter".

This is not true. if I tried to run at 7 months pregnant around the block, I'd give birth. Every body is different.

ectomorph

Post Wed, Apr 10 2019, 1:56 pm
One of my siblings is totally fine while pregnant. No nausea no exhaustion nothing. Hashem should bless her. Most of us are not so lucky

amother
Ivory

Post Wed, Apr 10 2019, 6:18 pm
amother [ Seashell ] wrote:

I am on my feet a lot, in the heat, even need walk up stairs. I needed to work otherwise we would've been evicted bec. We would not have been able to pay bills and wouldn't have been able to go to Dr.(health insurance through my job).

Yes, its hard and tough but that's life for some people. The only time a person really has to quit is when they have a severe medical condition like bleeding a lot(do they need bed rest) or dehydrated
...so they need go ER a lot...
But, yes, I agree life is tough. Its also tough to be pregnant with an infant at home even if one is not working.

But, a lot of people told me how hard it was for them and told me "well you were able to manage; it wasn't hard for you!". They were wrong. It was so tough. I felt like I was carrying a bowling ball in me and it was weighing me down. I got dizzy, had fainting spells and had to take chocolate syrup(disgusting) bec. I felt faint and the sugar helped me. It was not easy but everyone judged me when they dont understand how tough it was and I was even more stressed from all the pressure of my job. But, bh, I am lucky that I got pregnant. I know ppl. Still waiting.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics