Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
Uh oh! Guess who’s coming to you for Pesach?!

aricelli

Post Tue, Apr 09 2019, 11:12 pm
This reminder is a gift to all my new friends on imamother who have been so welcoming since I joined-
Go check your freezer!
Make sure you havent left it open.
Make sure you hear the motor running: mine died😮 may it rip.
I’m busy salvaging my food.
And now you know the rest of the story!
Happy cooking

happyone

Post Tue, Apr 09 2019, 11:16 pm
so sorry for you Aricelli. Hope you can salvage and store your perishables in a spare freezer or neighbor.
love your attitude btw!

aricelli

Post Tue, Apr 09 2019, 11:19 pm
happyone wrote:
so sorry for you Aricelli. Hope you can salvage and store your perishables in a spare freezer or neighbor.
love your attitude btw!

I had another year when I was highly pregnant and my sweetest dd didnt close the freezer properly and it all went to waste. I was a grump all pesach and hated myself for it. I’m glad to see I grew

dankbar

Post Tue, Apr 09 2019, 11:28 pm
Aricelli that's why you don't tell everyone that you are cooking already

aricelli

Post Tue, Apr 09 2019, 11:30 pm
How does that help the OP? Come on be sympathetic!
(I guess youre right though. I was a big shot wasnt I?)

dankbar

Post Wed, Apr 10 2019, 1:02 am
I feel really sorry & bad for you. It must be awful, after all the work you put in. Chas v'sholom, I didnt mean to say you were a bigshot. You weren't boasting! It's just that when you have 100's of frazzled, overwhelmed women who can't even think about cooking yet & they hear that one geshikte lady is cooking already,it hits a raw nerve by some & can spoil your good luck.
Less fanfare, the more bracha. Sorry again that you needed to go through this. What's the end of the story?

dankbar

Post Wed, Apr 10 2019, 1:09 am
Were you able to salvage the food or needed to dump?

Rappel

Post Wed, Apr 10 2019, 2:26 am
You're invited, Aricelli! How many people are you bringing?

Sunny Days

Post Wed, Apr 10 2019, 3:08 am
Aricelli, my deepest sympathies. I would not handle it so well Sad...
your welcome to use my freezer to restock.

aricelli

Post Wed, Apr 10 2019, 3:17 am
dankbar wrote:
I feel really sorry & bad for you. It must be awful, after all the work you put in. Chas v'sholom, I didnt mean to say you were a bigshot. You weren't boasting! It's just that when you have 100's of frazzled, overwhelmed women who can't even think about cooking yet & they hear that one geshikte lady is cooking already,it hits a raw nerve by some & can spoil your good luck.
Less fanfare, the more bracha. Sorry again that you needed to go through this. What's the end of the story?

Just remember- I work backwards: first I work and then I clean- so although I cooked I didnt do much of any cleaning. I know: it seems people like it better over here when I’m down rather than when I’m doing great- I guess thats true irl as well: people would rather hear “I didnt do a thing”! Rather than I’m bh doing amazing... well I wont kvetch now either - so there

Sunny Days

Post Wed, Apr 10 2019, 3:23 am
aricelli wrote:
Just remember- I work backwards: first I work and then I clean- so although I cooked I didnt do much of any cleaning. I know: it seems people like it better over here when I’m down rather than when I’m doing great- I guess thats true irl as well: people would rather hear “I didnt do a thing”! Rather than I’m bh doing amazing... well I wont kvetch now either - so there

Oh my goodness! that double sucks Punch Can't Believe It Sad
Didn’t clean either yet but not eating home on y’t.
May H’ give you lots of koach to accomplish all you still need to do.
Hatzlacha

dankbar

Post Wed, Apr 10 2019, 4:44 am
I am not jealous at all. Everyone will get there the minute the zman arrives. Depends how though.

I hope all your work didn't go to waste. I hope that the food is ok. A real pity if it did. How many days have you been cooking already? Was it full freezer of food? Some food?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics