Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Tznius Top for Cleaning Help
1  2  3  4  Next

amother
OP

Post Wed, Apr 10 2019, 12:56 pm
Where in Lakewood or online can I purchase the tops that many cleaning women are wearing as a cover up?

Thank you!

My4Jewels

Post Wed, Apr 10 2019, 4:26 pm
Forgive my naïveté

What are you talking about? What tops that cleaning people to cover up?? Why do they need to cover up? Are they in bathing suits? Tiny tank tops?

Sorry I’m genuinely asking since from your question it seems to be a thing .

ra_mom

Post Wed, Apr 10 2019, 4:27 pm
Please don't do this. Unless you're offering her some snap down apron that can go over her clothes to protect them. Though she still might feel weird about it.

Amelia Bedelia

Post Wed, Apr 10 2019, 4:27 pm
https://www.treasuresforeverny.....iform

amother
Puce

Post Wed, Apr 10 2019, 4:31 pm
I think it's offensive, degrading, and disrespectful to ask a cleaning lady to wear a tzenuis top. If you hire her, you gotta take her as she comes. Unless she dresses like a slut, which is usually not the case.

veiznisht

Post Wed, Apr 10 2019, 5:11 pm
amother [ Puce ] wrote:
I think it's offensive, degrading, and disrespectful to ask a cleaning lady to wear a tzenuis top. If you hire her, you gotta take her as she comes. Unless she dresses like a slut, which is usually not the case.

It's really a standard practice in many different sorts of business to require special clothing or uniform. Don't know why that is in anyway offensive... Describing the way ANYONE dresses "like a slut", that might be offensive, degrading and disrespectful.

amother
Puce

Post Wed, Apr 10 2019, 5:13 pm
Cleaning ladies know that it's not standard practice to ask them to put on a modest thing.
And they don't work for a business where all workers are required to wear uniform. It's not really a comparison.

amother
Smokey

Post Wed, Apr 10 2019, 5:18 pm
veiznisht wrote:
It's really a standard practice in many different sorts of business to require special clothing or uniform. Don't know why that is in anyway offensive... Describing the way ANYONE dresses "like a slut", that might be offensive, degrading and disrespectful.

Uniforms are generally required when the employees need to be easily recognized, safety purposes or company branding. In this scenario, none of those apply. You're requesting a uniform because you have deemed her clothing to be inappropriate. And these cleaning ladies are not dense. They know exactly what you're implying when asking them to wear these uniforms.

It's quite offensive, even with all the rationalizations.

veiznisht

Post Wed, Apr 10 2019, 5:25 pm
amother [ Puce ] wrote:
Cleaning ladies know that it's not standard practice to ask them to put on a modest thing.
And they don't work for a business where all workers are required to wear uniform. It's not really a comparison.

In many places it is standard for cleaning ladies to wear a uniform be it modest or not. And to be fair, the one most women are given to wear here(see the one linked above) is really bare minimum and goes over clothes. They always change when they come over anyway so as not to get their clothes dirty. What's the big deal?

You are not required to make your cleaning lady wear anything. I could personally care less and they wear whatever extra t-shirt they brought over. But obviously OP has her reasons to care, so there is really no need to disparage her for it.

amother
Olive

Post Wed, Apr 10 2019, 5:27 pm
Amelia Bedelia wrote:
https://www.treasuresforeverny.com/products/maid-of-honor-cleaning-lady-uniform

$31 is kind of expensive

amother
Silver

Post Wed, Apr 10 2019, 7:55 pm
veiznisht wrote:

I'm going to guess that the cleaning lady isn't an employee.

amother
Violet

Post Wed, Apr 10 2019, 8:10 pm
amother [ Smokey ] wrote:
Uniforms are generally required when the employees need to be easily recognized, safety purposes or company branding. In this scenario, none of those apply. You're requesting a uniform because you have deemed her clothing to be inappropriate. And these cleaning ladies are not dense. They know exactly what you're implying when asking them to wear these uniforms.

It's quite offensive, even with all the rationalizations.

It all depends on how you present it.

I bought my cleaning lady a round neck cotton T-shirt.
I presented it in a way that it was for her benefit so as not to dirty her clothes.
She actually likes it very much.
(When the weather started getting warmer, and her tops started getting skimpier, I was very happy that my DH and boys don’t have to see her cleavage hanging out.)

amother
OP

Post Fri, Apr 12 2019, 10:51 am
If they wear regular t-shirts I'm fine with that.
The top that LOTS of ladies are wearing (and FYI they bring it themselves!) is a v neck short sleeve, it's not any more than I expect in my home.

But recently when it got warm she was wearing a short top with laces down the whole center, my boys came home and her cleavage is hanging in their face. My young boys told me, why is dressed like an animal. And if the world dresses like that or not, it is animalistic. Regal people cover themselves. It is very understandable that in Rome do as the Romans, and it is very clear that the women in our community don't dress that way. When you walk into our homes, one can respect that.

Bash away.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Apr 12 2019, 10:53 am
This is what I'm looking for, found it ! This is the type of things that lots of ladies are wearing, they just happen not be button down, while this one is.

https://www.amazon.com/Cheroke.....6J9S2

amother
Wine

Post Fri, Apr 12 2019, 10:53 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
The top that LOTS of ladies are wearing (and FYI they bring it themselves!) is a v neck short sleeve, it's not any more than I expect in my home.

But recently when it got warm she was wearing a short top with laces down the whole center, my boys came home and her cleavage is hanging in their face. My young boys told me, why is dressed like an animal. And if the world dresses like that or not, it is animalistic. Regal people cover themselves. It is very understandable that in Rome do as the Romans, and it is very clear that the women in our community don't dress that way. When you walk into our homes, one can respect that.

Bash away.

I think your sons are the ones who have the real problem. Dressed like an animal? What are you teaching them?

amother
Puce

Post Fri, Apr 12 2019, 10:56 am
OP, if your sons comment on how your cleaning help is dressed, it's time to send her away. I'd rather send her off than ask her to dress more modest. I wouldn't have someone in my home dressed scantily. Doesnt matter if boys, girls, me, or DH is around. And I don't expect my cleaning help to he a "regal women." For them, dressing scantily in the summer is no different than we dressing modern, this is normal for them.
And for your kids to say she's dressed like an animal? Where do they take that from??? I think it's time for you to find a new cleaning lady.

watergirl

Post Fri, Apr 12 2019, 10:57 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Bash away.

I would start by effecting change in your own home first. Where did your young boys learn that it is ok to call another human being an animal? She is cleaning up what you dont want to clean yourself. If she got on imacleaninglady and told everyone there that she cleans up after animals who cant clean themselves, I'm sure you would be very offended. Teach your kids that everyone must be treated with derech eretz. If my son called someone an animal, I would take a good long look at what comes out of my mouth and their teacher's mouths that make them think that this is ok.

Use your words and ask her to come in a t-shirt so she can clean up and be comfortable. Cleaning ladys work very hard and work up a real sweat. Its a hard job and not fun at all.

ETA - I just clicked on the amazon link that you posted. If she changes into that and then leans forward, they will see her cleavage as well. A crew neck short sleeve t-shirt would be far more appropriate and comfortable for her and you.

dancingqueen

Post Fri, Apr 12 2019, 2:09 pm
Ugh there’s really no way to do that without being offensive.

amother
Purple

Post Fri, Apr 12 2019, 2:41 pm
I don't ask my cleaning lady to wear a uniform
She recently asked me if she could train a relative in my house. The woman had never cleaned a house before.

She came wearing a shirt that was too tight clinging to her bust. She looked like a pin up girl. I told her that I was not comfortable recommending her to my friends dressed like this. She thanked me up and down because she never knew this is how people dress.

SixOfWands

Post Fri, Apr 12 2019, 3:01 pm
amother [ Wine ] wrote:
I think your sons are the ones who have the real problem. Dressed like an animal? What are you teaching them?

Yup.

Not to mention that its a bit of an oxymoron to suggest that someone needs to dress like "regal women" to scrub the poop off your toilets.
Page 1 of 4 1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry