Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Tznius Top for Cleaning Help
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

amother
Firebrick

Post Fri, Apr 12 2019, 6:54 pm
Voice of dissent.

There's nothing wrong with not wanting a lady with improper clothes in your house regularly. We're trained to find it distasteful. Absolutely nothing to do with my husband or sons, I wouldn't like it. And if my kids were to see it and comment to me about it, I wouldn't see anything wrong with them expressing distaste for it either. Pritzus is disgusting. I dont eant anyone in tight spandex leggings and a sleeveless, cleavage baring shirt in my house. (If I did have teenage sons, who were in the process of learning how to watch their eyes, I guess maybe it would add to my concern, maybe. But its not thr essence).

And I do think there's a nice way of presenting a uniform, and if they want the job they'll understand. My cleaning help wears a tshirt and jeans and I dont find it neccessary. But if your choice is firing her or giving her a uniform shirt to wear, there's definitely a nice way to present it.

yidisheh mama

Post Sat, Apr 13 2019, 9:21 pm
We've had a cleaning lady that came to work in a low cut tank crop top with the top half of her breasts and her belly button piercing showing. She also wore short shorts- the type that just about covers the underwear. She had just come to the U.S. and in her country she'd been a professional athlete and a model. She told us that she was cleaning houses until she's able to find a modeling job... so yes, sometimes a uniform is necessary.

Post Sat, Apr 13 2019, 11:03 pm
One of the magazines this week was advertising a cover up to buy for your cleaning help to wear. It’s not my kind of thing and I find the idea distasteful but it’s clearly a need given this thread. I’m thinking it might have been in Ami but I’m not sure.

amother
Indigo

Post Tue, Apr 16 2019, 2:46 pm
amother [ Violet ] wrote:
It all depends on how you present it.

I bought my cleaning lady a round neck cotton T-shirt.
I presented it in a way that it was for her benefit so as not to dirty her clothes.
She actually likes it very much.
(When the weather started getting warmer, and her tops started getting skimpier, I was very happy that my DH and boys don’t have to see her cleavage hanging out.)

Your DH and boys should clean up after themselves so they don't have to worry about being turned on by the women who clean up after them. If they're old enough and healthy enough to be worried about this why aren't they cleaning up after themselves? With a little practice it won't take them long.

Do your future DIL a favor. Please. Teach your kids basic life skills not that others dress to accomodate them.

gr8 mom

Post Sun, Aug 16 2020, 11:15 am
Any links or ideas of something I can buy and give my live in help to wear as a uniform?

amother
Crimson

Post Sun, Aug 16 2020, 11:27 am
Always gave our cleaning woman shoes to use for cleaning as well as sweats think hoodie T shirt and pants. She was happy she does not want to clean in her clothes or shoes and likes to change right away either into what I offered her or otherwise it would be her own outfit she brings to use for cleaning. First thought of it when asked to give flip flops or something by a former cleaning woman herself. She has been with us now for many years.
No need to carry on if its not your way then don't offer it.

amother
Wheat

Post Sun, Aug 16 2020, 11:30 am
You can buy scrubs in Walmart. I bought it years ago when I dressed up as a nurse on Purim. There are pretty ones. The cleaning help I know wasn’t offended by it.

amother
Slateblue

Post Sun, Aug 16 2020, 11:43 am
amother [ Crimson ] wrote:
Always gave our cleaning woman shoes to use for cleaning as well as sweats think hoodie T shirt and pants. She was happy she does not want to clean in her clothes or shoes and likes to change right away either into what I offered her or otherwise it would be her own outfit she brings to use for cleaning. First thought of it when asked to give flip flops or something by a former cleaning woman herself. She has been with us now for many years.
No need to carry on if its not your way then don't offer it.

sounds really hot to be expected to clean in sweats.

amother
Plum

Post Sun, Aug 16 2020, 11:48 am
OP Im with you all the way but I think you should ask your family / friends rather than on imamother. The imamother world just finds everything offensive

Success10

Post Sun, Aug 16 2020, 11:54 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
If they wear regular t-shirts I'm fine with that.
The top that LOTS of ladies are wearing (and FYI they bring it themselves!) is a v neck short sleeve, it's not any more than I expect in my home.

But recently when it got warm she was wearing a short top with laces down the whole center, my boys came home and her cleavage is hanging in their face. My young boys told me, why is dressed like an animal. And if the world dresses like that or not, it is animalistic. Regal people cover themselves. It is very understandable that in Rome do as the Romans, and it is very clear that the women in our community don't dress that way. When you walk into our homes, one can respect that.

Bash away.

I respect your standards of tznius and your desires for kedusha in the home. But I can't think of a way to present her with a cover-up in an unoffensive fashion. I'd just go without cleaning help.

giselle

Post Sun, Aug 16 2020, 12:04 pm
I have no problem with the fact that you’re uncomfortable with your cleaning help dressing that way in your home. And I am not one to easily find something offensive. But I think there is absolutely something wrong with your children calling someone an animal. Besides, when have you ever seen clothing on an animal at all?

gr8 mom

Post Sun, Aug 16 2020, 12:13 pm
So maybe I shudve started a new thread.. This is an old one and continued on it to ask my question... Im not looking to cover up major... Gonna do it in an official uniform/staff type of way.. Looking into scrubs just to have something longer for the back and maybe little higher by the chest....

cookiewriter

Post Sun, Aug 16 2020, 12:21 pm
I buy Looser scrub tops from Amazon or Walmart. For all my ladies the first day they arrive.
They usually wear their own tees under. They are short sleeves but better than anything low cut. Normally they wear long sleeve things under unless it’s very hot

cookiewriter

Post Sun, Aug 16 2020, 12:23 pm
Continued:

No lady ever seemed to have a problem with it. I buy really comfy navy or black ones.

tante_feige

Post Sun, Aug 16 2020, 12:25 pm
Easy solution: Clean your own toilets.

It's really perfect. Your cleaning help will always be dressed to your standards of tznius! As a bonus, your kids will stop calling the cleaning help an "animal," since insulting the cleaning help is now an Issur d'Oraisa.

Mama Bear

Post Sun, Aug 16 2020, 12:32 pm
No one called the cleaning lady an animal. Her son asked why she is DRESSING LIKE AN ANIMAL, I.e. with her body showing. Her son didnt CALL the WOMAN an animal. He called out her clothing choices.

amother
Aubergine

Post Sun, Aug 16 2020, 12:40 pm
amother [ Slateblue ] wrote:
sounds really hot to be expected to clean in sweats.

Yup, sounds like someone who never cleaned their own house if they think a hoodie and sweatpants is comfortable to clean in.

giselle

Post Sun, Aug 16 2020, 12:45 pm
Mama Bear wrote:
No one called the cleaning lady an animal. Her son asked why she is DRESSING LIKE AN ANIMAL, I.e. with her body showing. Her son didnt CALL the WOMAN an animal. He called out her clothing choices.

I thought someone might say this. Sorry but that’s just as bad. And how exactly do animals dress? I’m curious.

giselle

Post Sun, Aug 16 2020, 12:49 pm
They all look pretty tznius to me.

Success10

Post Sun, Aug 16 2020, 12:56 pm
I get the feeling the boy did not use the term "animal". It's just the mother's retelling of the story on imamother in her own words.
Page 2 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry