Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Glitter eye liner
Previous  1  2

amother
Cerise

Post Thu, Apr 11 2019, 3:02 pm
amother [ Azure ] wrote:
Hmmm glittery, shimmery & sparkly eyeshadow is an oxymoron with refined.

So only matte eyeshadow is refined?

I think when it comes to looking tznius and eidel, there are a lot of “it depends” factors. How in your face is it? How does it come across? There are absolutely beautiful, shimmery eyeshadows that look perfectly lovely and tznius. Maybe you haven’t seen them.

asmileaday

Post Thu, Apr 11 2019, 3:18 pm
amother [ Azure ] wrote:

I feel like that's a personal opinion/taste rather than a fact.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Apr 11 2019, 3:30 pm
amother [ Azure ] wrote:

I actually saw someone not ‘unrefined’ wearing slight white glittery on her top lid above her eye lashes. It looked great and not loud at all
My mother in law would freak if I showed up with my lid covered. But if done right I thinks it’s neutral.

DrMom

Post Thu, Apr 11 2019, 3:37 pm
I think I'd be nervous about wearing glitter close to my eyes.

sra

Post Thu, Apr 11 2019, 3:42 pm
My sister got married recently, and my makeup artist put some glitter on, but I made her take it off...I was too nervous about it near my eyes and it was attractive, refined as it is...

amother
Azure

Post Thu, Apr 11 2019, 3:44 pm
Cerise, I didn't say matte eyeshadow is refined. We're discussing glitter eyeshadow here.

amother
Burgundy

Post Thu, Apr 11 2019, 5:24 pm
DrMom wrote:
I think I'd be nervous about wearing glitter close to my eyes.

Its not craft glitter, it's special eye-safe glitter that wont damage the cornea if it does get into the eye.

Last year, holiday season, a whole bunch of youtube beauty gurus (🙄) did tutorials using craft glitter from michaels and us real MUAs were horrified at thr possible damage.

allthingsblue

Post Thu, Apr 11 2019, 5:43 pm
amother [ Burgundy ] wrote:
Its not craft glitter, it's special eye-safe glitter that wont damage the cornea if it does get into the eye.

Last year, holiday season, a whole bunch of youtube beauty gurus (🙄) did tutorials using craft glitter from michaels and us real MUAs were horrified at thr possible damage.

Just curious... what differentiates a YouTube guru vs a real MUA? Many YouTube gurus seem to be super talented (Tati, Jaclyn hill, ali Gaines...)

amother
Burgundy

Post Thu, Apr 11 2019, 6:00 pm
allthingsblue wrote:
Just curious... what differentiates a YouTube guru vs a real MUA? Many YouTube gurus seem to be super talented (Tati, Jaclyn hill, ali Gaines...)

They are super talented at creating beautiful looks on themsleves.
A lot of their methods are ill-informed from a hygienic perspective. Also, MUAs are trained to work with different face and eye shapes, as well as less dramatic looks. You rarely if ever see professional MUAs do the standard youtube look: very thick foundation and powder (often several layers), thick concealer all over set with more powder, false lashes that are thick and obvious and hang like an awning over the eyes...

allthingsblue

Post Thu, Apr 11 2019, 6:04 pm
amother [ Burgundy ] wrote:
They are super talented at creating beautiful looks on themsleves.
A lot of their methods are ill-informed from a hygienic perspective. Also, MUAs are trained to work with different face and eye shapes, as well as less dramatic looks. You rarely if ever see professional MUAs do the standard youtube look: very thick foundation and powder (often several layers), thick concealer all over set with more powder, false lashes that are thick and obvious and hang like an awning over the eyes...

A lot of the trendier/younger MUAs actually do create those looks with heavy contour, fake lashes etc.
the people look very made up but look great in photos.

It's funny that you mention this. Just last night I came across a YouTube video called how to actually look good in person! It was great, a refreshing change from the filtered heavily made up look.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics