Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Mashich is coming
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Wed, Apr 10 2019, 1:39 pm
My husband showed me an article that says that supposedly some very prominent rabbanim in Israel are saying that moshiach is coming within the next few weeks. There are some gematriahs that they say makes this pretty clear. Is this a big deal in Israel or is it just for the fanatics?

heidi

Post Wed, Apr 10 2019, 1:40 pm
Just the fanatics LOL

simba

Post Wed, Apr 10 2019, 1:44 pm
Amen! We are ready and will greet him enthusiastically. May it be speedily in our days.

happyone

Post Wed, Apr 10 2019, 2:25 pm
Ani maamin bemunah shelaima beviyas hamoshiach!

amother
cornflower

Post Wed, Apr 10 2019, 2:26 pm
Every so often some rabbi's say moshiach is coming within the next few weeks. No one knows when moshiach will come.

amother
Slategray

Post Wed, Apr 10 2019, 2:28 pm
My understanding is that it is assur to reveal the date of the geula.

But we are indeed nearly there.

amother
Olive

Post Wed, Apr 10 2019, 2:28 pm
Around 100 years ago many kabbalists were basing Moshiach's very imminent arrival upon gematrios and other signs. The Shineve Rebbe said that No, Moshiach isn't coming. Moshiach will catch us by surprise. As we can tell, it didn't come.
I need Moshiach NOW, but I would not base hope on what people are saying.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Apr 10 2019, 2:38 pm
amother [ cornflower ] wrote:
Every so often some rabbi's say moshiach is coming within the next few weeks. No one knows when moshiach will come.

This wasn't some random rabbi. It was supposedly from an extremely well regarded world renowned gadol. Unless the story is made up.

Laiya

Post Wed, Apr 10 2019, 2:42 pm
I understood that we are supposed to believe moshiach may come any minute. Saying that he will come for example, on erev Pesach, means you don't believe he might come right now. That's the problem with these predictions.

amother
cornflower

Post Wed, Apr 10 2019, 2:43 pm
OP, it's always a big gadol that says it... these things are usually made up. Remember how the world turned over before Y2K that moshiach is for sure coming?

ectomorph

Post Wed, Apr 10 2019, 2:48 pm
Unless you see a video of him saying it he didnt say it.

chicco

Post Wed, Apr 10 2019, 2:53 pm
There are always signs, because it is always a possibility. Mashiach will come not because tye signs are there, but because we do what we need to do to make it happen. The whole reason we are not supposed to know when Mashiach will come is because it is up to us to make it come. We are not supposed to just wait it out.

cm

Post Wed, Apr 10 2019, 3:17 pm
I recall learning that Mashiach is always ready to come, but we must be ready for him.

zaq

Post Wed, Apr 10 2019, 3:22 pm
That would be very nice if it were true. However, our national history is rife with such predictions. Last one I paid any attention to at all was in 1973, and then only because it was the first prediction I ever heard. One of these days it will happen, but not because anyone put it on our Google calendars. Hope every day and don’t get hung up on an exact date.

IrenaFr

Post Wed, Apr 10 2019, 3:32 pm
Bibi LOL Just kidding:)

pizza4

Post Wed, Apr 10 2019, 3:58 pm
I remember back in elementary school there was this whole excitement that mashiach is coming on a specific date in a few weeks...
In a way these predictions are good they make us take a look at ourselves and ask ourselves if we think we are ready for mashiach to come, and work on whatever we need to.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Wed, Apr 10 2019, 4:04 pm
I remember a few years ago (maybe 5) people were saying that Mashiach was coming imminent because of gematria and how Pesach was falling out with Shabbos.... While I hope he is, and I am eagerly awaiting his arrival every day, I would not invest more than any other day.

windchime

Post Wed, Apr 10 2019, 6:06 pm
Within the next few weeks?! אחכה לו בכל יום שיבוא

amother
Mauve

Post Wed, Apr 10 2019, 7:49 pm
IrenaFr wrote:
Bibi LOL Just kidding:)

I keep thinking the same thing.

amother
Pink

Post Thu, Apr 11 2019, 12:33 am
I would LOVE for moshiach to come! We need him so badly. But I'm terrified:( I am far from perfect. What if I'm chv not zoche?Sad
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics