Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Healthy Cooking
Lunch at work

amother
OP

Post Wed, Apr 10 2019, 3:35 pm
I'm trying to eat healthier, and a large pitfall for me is lunch. For various reasons, bringing lunch from home is just not something I can consistently do. I'm starting to think I'll be better off keeping a small pantry at work and fixing myself lunch there. I have access to a fridge and a kosher microwave, and I have space in my office for some non-refrigerator items. I just need some ideas for what to stock up on that can make for healthy lunches (and snacks too). I need low carb. I'm allergic to fish. It is very important that my food be filling, when I get too hungry, I end up making poor choices. Salads don't cut it for me, unless they're filled with hearty additions. Thanks!

geemum

Post Wed, Apr 10 2019, 3:41 pm
One easy way is to cook a bit extra each day for dinner and bring a portion in tupperware the next day and reheat in the microwave.

Avocado is easy to grab and go with spelt matza crackers or Rye crackers

Boiled eggs last up to a week, can prep a few on Sunday for couple of days that week.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Apr 30 2019, 12:21 pm
Bump

amother
Chartreuse

Post Tue, Apr 30 2019, 12:59 pm
Tanya approved muffins,cookies and pizza are all amazing!

amother
OP

Post Tue, Apr 30 2019, 1:04 pm
amother [ Chartreuse ] wrote:
Tanya approved muffins,cookies and pizza are all amazing!

Are those things you can buy, or recipes? Is there a list of brands?

Rachel8177

Post Tue, Apr 30 2019, 1:09 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Are those things you can buy, or recipes? Is there a list of brands?

They are sold in almost every grocery in nyc area. Called TAP products. Quiet pricey but really good and healthy.

amother
Sapphire

Post Tue, Apr 30 2019, 1:13 pm
Rachel8177 wrote:
They are sold in almost every grocery in nyc area. Called TAP products. Quiet pricey but really good and healthy.

I've noticed these products in the freezer over the past few months. Who is Tanya? Is this a specific diet or eating plan?

amother
Chartreuse

Post Tue, Apr 30 2019, 1:17 pm
amother [ Sapphire ] wrote:
I've noticed these products in the freezer over the past few months. Who is Tanya? Is this a specific diet or eating plan?

Tanya Rosen is a very popular diet coach in BP. She also has some kosher exercise dvds. She recently opened her own company of baked goods to be able to offer her clients some really delicious (allowed)baked goods.

ra_mom

Post Tue, Apr 30 2019, 1:38 pm
I bring a package of whole wheat bread to work each week (keeps well in desk or freezer) along with vacuum packed packages of turkey breast which I keep sealed in the fridge.
You can also keep individually packaged cups of natural applesauce in your desk, bags of baby carrots and pints of grape tomatoes in the fridge. If you need low fat condiments and dressings, ready made bottles can be kept in the fridge too.
Individual packets of instant oatmeal work for me. Yogurts and cottage cheese in the fridge too.

cinnabon

Post Tue, Apr 30 2019, 1:38 pm
You can bring leftover soup and warm up. Do you have panini maker ? Flat out wrap with cheese and avacado. Cut up veggies on side. Tuna and crackers. Oatmeal and fruits

amother
Coffee

Post Tue, Apr 30 2019, 1:44 pm
amother [ Sapphire ] wrote:

Imamother rules no longer allow any discussion of Nutrition by Tanya. Https://www.imamother.com/foru.....38384

amother
Sapphire

Post Tue, Apr 30 2019, 2:15 pm
amother [ Coffee ] wrote:
Imamother rules no longer allow any discussion of Nutrition by Tanya. Https://www.imamother.com/foru.....38384

Surprised

Wow, that is just.... WOW!

amother
Chartreuse

Post Tue, Apr 30 2019, 2:41 pm
Sorry! Am quite new here and did not know that there’s been a controversial issue abt it. I am in no ways related to her nor have ever been her client, but I do have several sisters and friends who have been very successful on her plan and really love her products. Wouldn’t hurt to taste them and see if you like it.

dankbar

Post Tue, Apr 30 2019, 3:14 pm
But now someone is advocating for her here & not talking negatively about her, so that is also not allowed?

mrs me

Post Tue, Apr 30 2019, 3:22 pm
amother [ Coffee ] wrote:

They are not sharing views and opinions about Tanya- she's sharing diet ideas and these products are a good option. If anything, you are the one that brought the controversy right into this forum by posting this link. I don't believe this forum falls under "discussing tanya Rosen".

Signed, someone who has no connection to tanya or her products... Just can't stand that such an innocent forum turned into another one of "those"
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Healthy Cooking