Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Where do you buy your meat, chicken, and fish?

yo'ma

Post Thu, Apr 11 2019, 6:05 am
Do you buy it pre-packaged or from a butcher/fish store?

I have never bought any chicken or meat from a butcher, always pre-packaged. Fish I also didn't until I moved here to Argentina because it's harder to find pre-packaged.

Obviously people buy from both otherwise they wouldn't be in existent, but I always wondered who actually buys from a butcher. Isn't it more expensive? Do you taste the difference?

ectomorph

Post Thu, Apr 11 2019, 6:16 am
It's a good question I always assume that the store has a butcher in the back cutting up the meat

SixOfWands

Post Thu, Apr 11 2019, 6:59 am
ectomorph wrote:
It's a good question I always assume that the store has a butcher in the back cutting up the meat

I usually buy it in a store that has a butcher in the back. If I need something that's not out, I ask. I don't usually have him cut things specially for me, though.

Same with fish.

veiznisht

Post Thu, Apr 11 2019, 7:18 am
Butcher and fish store.

Fish is more expensive than supermarket but butcher is about the same. I used to buy meat/chicken from market but it was regularly bad and smelly. Butcher has free delivery and meat quality so much better. Honestly I think buying from butcher is most common here.

Israeli_C

Post Thu, Apr 11 2019, 9:55 am
I order everything online from Lubavitch Express. They're amazing!

amother
Rose

Post Thu, Apr 11 2019, 7:19 pm
Never even saw the prepackaged growing up (Australia), everyone went to the butcher store, with big glass cases where you point out what you want, how many kgs and they weigh it out and wrap it for you.

Moved the US and see only the packaged, which honestly grosses me out. But you gotta do what you gotta do.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics