Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
Your best chicken bottom recipe

amother
OP

Post Thu, Apr 11 2019, 3:56 pm
We don't use anything that can't be peeled. No garlic. No spices besides salt and pepper, ginger and cinnamon. Bring on your suggestions. Thanks in advance.

Einikel

Post Thu, Apr 11 2019, 3:59 pm
Sauté onions add a little water and let simmer for hours it’s soft and delicious.

amother
Mauve

Post Thu, Apr 11 2019, 4:03 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
We don't use anything that can't be peeled. No garlic. No spices besides salt and pepper, ginger and cinnamon. Bring on your suggestions. Thanks in advance.

Garlic can be peeled.

allthingsblue

Post Thu, Apr 11 2019, 4:03 pm
Simple Stuffed chicken by Brynie Greisman (kosher.com)

Use potato starch instead of flour

trixx

Post Thu, Apr 11 2019, 4:07 pm
Garlic isn't used for a diff reason - bc it grows near wheat.

Broil chicken (skin on) it's delicious. Pesach BBQ chicken.

Baked with pineapple or oranges (use the pulp left over from squeezing juice)
Roasted over potatoes and onions
Baked with diced tomatoes or in sauce
In wine

I've made a chicken recipe from here which is chicken over apples and sweet potatoes, covered in oil/Italian dressing and honey. Will try to adapt for pesach. If you use sugar water you can sub that for sweetness.

FranticFrummie

Post Thu, Apr 11 2019, 4:08 pm
amother [ Mauve ] wrote:
Garlic can be peeled.

Lubavitch don't do garlic, and my stbx didn't allow cinnamon (ground or in sticks). No particular reason, just "NO".

Don't try to make sense of other people's minhagim. You'll drive yourself crazy.

Easy one pot chicken bottoms. Sliced onions on the bottom of the pot, then sliced potatoes and carrots, then chicken, then more onions on top. Roast covered for an hour, then uncovered until the top is browned nicely. The veggies take on the chicken flavor, and it is yummy.

r1

Post Thu, Apr 11 2019, 4:11 pm
Do u use honey?
If ya then just salt and pepper on the chicken and a generous drizzle of honey. Yum

ra_mom

Post Thu, Apr 11 2019, 4:33 pm
Make the duck sauce recipe with sauteed onion, juiced oranges, ginger...

allthingsblue

Post Thu, Apr 11 2019, 4:44 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:
Lubavitch don't do garlic, and my stbx didn't allow cinnamon (ground or in sticks). No particular reason, just "NO".

Don't try to make sense of other people's minhagim. You'll drive yourself crazy.

Easy one pot chicken bottoms. Sliced onions on the bottom of the pot, then sliced potatoes and carrots, then chicken, then more onions on top. Roast covered for an hour, then uncovered until the top is browned nicely. The veggies take on the chicken flavor, and it is yummy.

I made this for dinner tonight! I seasoned the chicken with salt and pepper and added just a bit of water.

studying_torah

Post Thu, Apr 11 2019, 4:51 pm
Ra mom how do you make duck sauce like that?
OP, I grew up w similar restrictions and chicken cooked on the stovetop has a lot of flavor, even with simple onions tomatoes some white wine & salt.

ra_mom

Post Thu, Apr 11 2019, 4:54 pm
studying_torah wrote:
Ra mom how do you make duck sauce like that?
OP, I grew up w similar restrictions and chicken cooked on the stovetop has a lot of flavor, even with simple onions tomatoes some white wine & salt.

https://www.imamother.com/foru.....77421

FranticFrummie

Post Thu, Apr 11 2019, 4:55 pm
Easy stovetop Italian chicken:

Brown the chicken in a little bit of olive oil in a large skillet. Add a can of crushed tomatoes, or your own peeled fresh tomatoes. Throw in a handful of black olives, and some fresh rosemary branches (not too much, they are very strong.) Simmer until the chicken is done in the middle. Stir occasionally so that the sauce doesn't burn on the bottom.

Adjust the seasoning for the sauce. You might want to add salt, pepper, or a teaspoon of sugar to balance out the acidity. You can even use sugar water, just add it early so it has time to cook down. You don't want the sauce to be too thin.

sra

Post Thu, Apr 11 2019, 5:04 pm
I cut up a lot of onions, then water and salt. cover tightly and bake a few hours. delicious every time! I make this every shabbos just with pepper and garlic powder

thunderstorm

Post Thu, Apr 11 2019, 6:33 pm
Sautee tons of onion slices sprinkle the chicken with salt and pepper on both sides and sautee in pan for 20 min on each side until nice and golden and the onions are beginning to brown (not burn) then add a cup of either white or red wine (I like Kedem cooking wine but anything works) lower flame, cover and cook for another 30-40 min. , turn over the pieces of chicken and cook another 30-40 mins on low flame. If the wine begins to cook out add a bit of water so that the onions don't burn. Towards the end of cooking the wine should be more or less cooked out and you should be left with delicious tasting chicken with delicious onion/wine drippings to put on top.

dankbar

Post Thu, Apr 11 2019, 7:25 pm
Flavor chickens with wine. Juice of oranges/lemon. Grated horseradish. Honey. Sauteed onions. Any of these is used for flavoring if you cant use anything else
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics