Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Development living
Previous  1  2  3  4

amother
Azure

Post Sun, Apr 14 2019, 10:50 am
ectomorph wrote:
So you're saying that new homes in developments are 569? And old developments and old houses are both 300-400?

For 500 you can probably build a custom home in a lot from scratch.

But you gotta buy the land

amother
Tan

Post Sun, Apr 14 2019, 11:14 am
Does anyone here live in the new trend of duplex rows on a “regular street”? Do you really avoid the development issues and have real privacy or is it just a nice sales pitch?

amother
Green

Post Sun, Apr 14 2019, 11:27 am
amother [ Tan ] wrote:
Does anyone here live in the new trend of duplex rows on a “regular street”? Do you really avoid the development issues and have real privacy or is it just a nice sales pitch?

I do. It's just a sales pitch. Same exact problems. There are less people though- it's just the 8-12 families right near you and it's not like there's only one shul etc so it's a bit less yenta ish but the use of everyone's toys, no privacy, etc is all the same.

Notsobusy

Post Sun, Apr 14 2019, 11:53 am
ectomorph wrote:
That's incredibly cheap

I wouldn't want to live in a development from the sound of it, (I've actually been to Lakewood a total of 5x in my life despite being yeshivish as anything, lol) but I'm glad that low cost options exist for frum families to purchase property.

Gosh, I meant to write that a private house the same size without upgrades is about $200,00 MORE. Pre-Pesac brain!
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating