Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations
This Is What Happened When a Jewish Ambulance Crew Arrived

momsrus

Post Sun, Apr 14 2019, 4:19 am
https://www.theyeshivaworld.co......html

Rappel

Post Sun, Apr 14 2019, 4:24 am
I'm glad they're taking reasonable precautions for their patients. That list of directives is very thorough

momsrus

Post Sun, Apr 14 2019, 4:28 am
Rappel wrote:
I'm glad they're taking reasonable precautions for their patients. That list of directives is very thorough

That’s one way of looking at it. When I read this, my thoughts were it’s very sad what some smart aleck women did to us.

Last edited by momsrus on Sun, Apr 14 2019, 4:34 am; edited 1 time in total

Rappel

Post Sun, Apr 14 2019, 4:34 am
Although the perception of the EMT should be noted, it seems he wasn't aware of the recent policy change at Columbia..

If you read the new policy statement, then it says ALL incoming patients and EMTS must wear masks, and be placed in isolation until their condition is established. Immunization records are also required, and the number of accompanying persons limited - again, for all patients.

I'm sure that if someone here works at Columbia then they can confirm this, but it seems that this isn't a Jewish issue - it's an all-new-patients issue, in order to protect the already vulnerable population currently healing inside the hospital.

momsrus

Post Sun, Apr 14 2019, 4:36 am
Rappel wrote:
Although the perception of the EMT should be noted, it seems he wasn't aware of the recent policy change at Columbia..

If you read the new policy statement, then it says ALL incoming patients and EMTS must wear masks, and be placed in isolation until their condition is established. Immunization records are also required, and the number of accompanying persons limited - again, for all patients.

I'm sure that if someone here works at Columbia then they can confirm this, but it seems that this isn't a Jewish issue - it's an all-new-patients issue, in order to protect the already vulnerable population currently healing inside the hospital.

It says please let patients know, #2 patients will not be allowed to leave even to the biker cholim room. That’s sounds like their singling our Jewish patients.

youngishbear

Post Sun, Apr 14 2019, 8:45 am
The hospital policy update seems very poorly written. I also can't find it anywhere else on the web.

amother
Navy

Post Sun, Apr 14 2019, 8:58 am
momsrus wrote:
It says please let patients know, #2 patients will not be allowed to leave even to the biker cholim room. That’s sounds like their singling our Jewish patients.

The part about the bikur cholim room probably came about because they had people not wanting to follow the rules and go to the bikur cholim room.

During my recent emergency room visit, DH went in and out of a door that said hospital personal only to get to the bikur cholim room for me because we don't eat OUD which was what the emergency room gave me. He was told this route by someone from Bikur Cholim which went all through the hospital.

The other way to get to the bikur cholim room was to go outside the hospital and come in through the main entrance which is what I would have done.

The hospital I was at is affiliated with Columbia Presbyterian. I can understand their policy. Imagine he was someone who was not vaccinated during an outbreak.

whewpy

Post Sun, May 26 2019, 11:54 am
I am a caregiver of a patient at Columbia. They are definitely targeting obviously looking Jewish chasidish people. There is, btw, no signs in the general patient lounges or hallways, but lots of hospital rules in the bikor cholim room

trixx

Post Sun, May 26 2019, 12:18 pm
This belongs in the vaccination forum please

amother
Navy

Post Sun, May 26 2019, 12:27 pm
whewpy wrote:
I am a caregiver of a patient at Columbia. They are definitely targeting obviously looking Jewish chasidish people. There is, btw, no signs in the general patient lounges or hallways, but lots of hospital rules in the bikor cholim room

It's too bad that profiling is wrong. It's good they target the most likely culprits. My immune system is compromised, and I get treated at Columbia Presbyterian. I am told one more infection could kill me. Enough with the PC correctness. If the outbreaks are concentrated in the ultra frum population, then that where the concentration of precautions belong.

amother
Salmon

Post Sun, May 26 2019, 12:28 pm
amother [ Navy ] wrote:
It's too bad that profiling is wrong. It's good they target the most likely culprits. My immune system is compromised, and I get treated at Columbia Presbyterian. I am told one more infection could kill me. Enough with the PC correctness. If the outbreaks are concentrated in the ultra frum population, then that where the concentration of precautions belong.

I gather you're a proponent of stop and frisk?
Do you realize that if you would be the one coming into the hospital with an emergency, they'd treat you the same way? Regardless of the urgency of your situation?

whewpy

Post Sun, May 26 2019, 5:02 pm
I don't have a problem with them checking the people at risk for bringing it in, if they target all the people that can be carriers...I am also there with a very immune compromised patient...would be nice if they at least ask visitors if they had the short as opposed to getting hysterical only when chasidic looking new walks in....

amother
Navy

Post Sun, May 26 2019, 6:12 pm
amother [ Salmon ] wrote:
I gather you're a proponent of stop and frisk?
Do you realize that if you would be the one coming into the hospital with an emergency, they'd treat you the same way? Regardless of the urgency of your situation?

It's not worth my life to worry about someone's sensitivities.

I am a proponent of stop and frisk and the Israeli system of profiling terrorists. I rather be on a safe plane than a PC plane that got blown up.

If I am parking and see a black gangsta rough looking guy on a deserted street, I will get back inside my car until he is gone.

whewpy

Post Sun, May 26 2019, 6:34 pm
I agree. However, there are many unvaxxed, not chasidic people actually inpatient right now with measles and tuberculosis and I would feel better with more screening of visitors...

solo

Post Sun, May 26 2019, 7:03 pm
Does anyone remember a few yrs ago when there was an outbreak of Ebola virus. Several ppl in the us contracted the disease. Only 1 was a black person from Africa. He was also the only one who died from the disease 🤔

nchr

Post Mon, May 27 2019, 12:21 am
solo wrote:
Does anyone remember a few yrs ago when there was an outbreak of Ebola virus. Several ppl in the us contracted the disease. Only 1 was a black person from Africa. He was also the only one who died from the disease 🤔

Please clarify what you were trying to say with this statement. There is also a current outbreak of Ebola virus, and Ebola is neither airborne nor easily transmitted between individuals - it requires direct contact with bodily fluids. The African man came to the US already sick with the disease - it was more advanced than the other patients who were brought to the US because they were doctors and who were treated aggressively with the antibodies from previous patients.

Someone told me that Columbia Hospital is very strict with regards to measles because of their other patients, but I am sorry that people feel they are specifically targeting Jewish patients, especially ones that are inpatient for other reasons. Can you speak to your doctor?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics