Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations
Quick Abstract MMR rant
Previous  1  2  3

crust

Post Wed, Apr 17 2019, 5:06 am
amother [ Powderblue ] wrote:
Of course they do!

They don't do it for many years in my doctors office.
And Im sure if someone really wants it's possible to take separately in any doctors office. You have to ask.

crust

Post Wed, Apr 17 2019, 5:11 am
Seashell wrote:
Wow that’s crazy, what does your doctor say? Does he say this is normal? Anything you can do to quicken recovery?
BH my kids have never reacted to the MMR. Refuah shleima and lots of luck!!

I passed the stage of discussing this.
BH he's feeling better.
My pediatrician and the pediatricians that I went to over the years are not the type to sit down and explain why the benefits outweigh the risks.

I choose to give it not because I feel pressured but because I feel responsible.
This is my own decision.
Not that I don't hate my decision. Smile

crust

Post Wed, Apr 17 2019, 5:15 am
Rappel wrote:
That's way more than my son, and he's normally a 48 hour fever (and he's prone to febrile seizures, so you can imagine how frightening that is Surprised )! That sounds beyond the realm of normal; is he possibly allergic to some component in the vaccine? Or have some kind of irregularity in his immune system? That's worth checking out.

Yes I understand how frightening this is because anything can trigger an asthma attack in my son hence the delayed schedule.

I'm vaccinating exactly because of this! Its scary to arrive to an emergency room with an unvaxxed child.
That's my logic anyway.

amother
Jetblack

Post Wed, Apr 17 2019, 5:46 am
fever is not a bad thing it's the body's way of fighting off an infection so when you get a fever from after a shot as long as it's not too high it's the mean the immune system doing what it's supposed to do it's building immunity towards that disease . That is why I will never give my children Tylenol before they get a shot.

ggdm

Post Wed, Apr 17 2019, 8:51 am
amother [ Navy ] wrote:
The doctors are ALWAYS right...

Except about hand washing (until Semmelweis came along)
About x-rays (until they found out that the radiation is dangerous)
About breastfeeding (till they discovered it's healthy after all)
About infants crying (until they realized that it's not just "exercise")
About Vioxx (till they realized how many were killed)
About Rotateq (until they had too many cases of intussusception)
About trans fats (until they realized they are dangerous)
About sugar (until they admitted it's not healthy)
About twilight sleep (until they realized it's rather barbaric)
About episiotomies (until they discovered it's unnecessary in most cases)
About medical care (except that medical error is the third leading cause of death in America)

...but about vaccines, we can trust them 100% that bad reactions are practically nonexistent.

(I've heard a lot of doctors claim they think vaccines are so safe, they'll take 1000 of them at once. Anybody actually tried it?)

This is actually a good list to show that science/medicine evolves and is not afraid to CORRECT ITSELF. Science is not dogmatically sticking to something, but curent practice is always adapting to what is known. Sometimes this means throwing over board everything, mostly it is small adjustments. This means, if a fault is found, it is corrected. When it was found one dose of MMR is not enough, a second one was introduced. When a vaccine/drug is found to be unsafe, it is taken off the market. What you write is a GOOD thing.

Telling science that it is not worth anything if it doesn't get everything right 100% on the first try is unrealistic. Think back to your first meal you cooked by yourself. Or your first work project. Or your first time cleaning the car. Or your first anything really. Are you still doing everything exactly the same way? I bet not. You adapted your current practice to your new knowledge. That is what science does. Only on a larger scale, with defined protocols, scientific rigor and in more complicated and non-obvious tasks.

(btw side point, most if the food health stuff is not promoted by and based in actual science, but instead popular media, jounalist misunderstanding and blowing results of studies out of proportion)

crust

Post Fri, Apr 19 2019, 6:36 am
amother [ Powderblue ] wrote:
Ok, so now you can understand one element of the non-vaxxing parents.

I thought very long before responding to this because I've repeated myself so many times.

Does my child's reaction to the vaccine make me understand non vaxxers? No. Its just the opposite. It makes me upset that my child suffers so their child will be safe without it.

I personally know a lot non vaxxers that didn't even try so how would they know how their child will react?

Their decision not to vax is based on convenience or fear.
If I want to be dklz- its based on misinformation.

Had I seen real proof that the reaction was life threatening then I would totally understand them. Meanwhile I haven't.

aricelli

Post Fri, Apr 19 2019, 6:44 am
Do doctors know everything? No. Does science understand everything? Of course not. But one things for certain. As little as modern medicine knows- I’m humble enough to admit- I know even less. So I defer to my pediatrician. I’m using him since I’m a wee child myself. He’s intelligent in both science and religious matters and I believe he has my best interests in mind.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics