Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
Beware Pesach Hotel Scam
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

rainbow dash

Post Sun, Apr 21 2019, 4:18 pm
Curious how it went

amother
OP

Post Sun, Apr 21 2019, 11:35 pm
My friend went there last year with her family and decided not to go back. This year, the Pesach program owner called her husband personally a few weeks before Pesach and asked him to come again this year. Surprised I guess his customers are finally catching on. Im with stupid

imasoftov

Post Mon, Apr 22 2019, 8:16 am
watergirl wrote:
From what I’ve read on here, these hotels have open spots and sell them for a fraction of the cost the day or two before pesach. Its a gamble people are willing to take.

So do they do their Pesach cleaning and shopping in advance in case they don't get a spot or are they ready to do it all in one or two days if that happens? Or do they have a backup Seder invitation in case the hotel doesn't have room and they'll shop during Chol Hamoed?

watergirl

Post Mon, Apr 22 2019, 8:20 am
imasoftov wrote:
So do they do their Pesach cleaning and shopping in advance in case they don't get a spot or are they ready to do it all in one or two days if that happens? Or do they have a backup Seder invitation in case the hotel doesn't have room and they'll shop during Chol Hamoed?

Who knows. I filed it under “only on imamother”.

amother
Lawngreen

Post Mon, Apr 22 2019, 8:29 am
Someone made a post on YeshivaWorld about another Pesach hotel. Wonder if it’s the same one.

amother
Blue

Post Tue, Apr 23 2019, 1:28 am
There has to be someone here who knows how things went at Glen Cove mansion.

And I ask this not specifically about any one Pesach program:

Is it an Inyan of Lashon Hara if someone's name is mentioned, to prevent others from being new victims of someone who repeatedly charges many thousands of dollars only to greatly disappoint shortchange and aggravate his customers?

Amelia Bedelia

Post Wed, Apr 24 2019, 6:02 pm
https://jewishweek.timesofisra.....stay/

amother
Vermilion

Post Wed, Apr 24 2019, 7:10 pm
Amelia Bedelia wrote:
https://jewishweek.timesofisrael.com/let-my-people-stay/

To think I just looked at their prices the other day and was shocked at how expensive they were for a ‘discount’ program. What do u think he did with all the monsey ppl paid him?

amother
Green

Post Wed, Apr 24 2019, 7:11 pm
Amelia Bedelia wrote:

Wow, I was hoping to go there this year but had to stay home instead. Have been seriously considering this for next year. Anybody go on this and have a good time this year? It sounds like the staff left are going above and beyond to make good out of an awful situation.

amother
Green

Post Wed, Apr 24 2019, 7:13 pm
imasoftov wrote:

Actually, it might work for my family. I loathe second days work but we prefer the intimacy of
home Sederim. We sometimes go away after the Sederim. If I had seen a reduced cost program advertised immediately after, I might have booked for Chol Hamoed/Second Days.

amother
Green

Post Wed, Apr 24 2019, 7:18 pm
amother [ Cyan ] wrote:
yes. we are. We were planning to be home but I couldn't handle it this year and dh got us a good deal on a program.

Mazel Tov! Would you be willing to share which program?

amother
Beige

Post Wed, Apr 24 2019, 7:40 pm
Amelia Bedelia wrote:

I have been to this pesach program for many years and it has always been beautiful with plenty of food and gorgeous houses and wonderful programs. This year we didnt go but I remember last year they started having anti semitic issues with the resort. I really believe that things went wrong this year but this program has been amazing all the other years.

amother
Lavender

Post Wed, Apr 24 2019, 7:47 pm
Sorry but I don’t see how the type of situation as described could
Be due to antisemitism. Sounds like “money mismanagement” and I would want to be warned about it before cvs getting myself and my family into such a messy disturbing situation. Those poor guests who got evicted! Those poor vendors who did not get paid! Those poor employees who are trying to cover the shortfall out of their own pockets!!!! In the meantime the guests need to be somewhere pesadik and they need to eat and feed their families! And they need somewhere to daven and sleep!
I don’t even get the question of did anyone go and have a good time or
Considering it in the future!?!

amother
Beige

Post Wed, Apr 24 2019, 8:12 pm
amother [ Lavender ] wrote:
Be due to antisemitism. Sounds like “money mismanagement” and I would want to be warned about it before cvs getting myself and my family into such a messy disturbing situation. Those poor guests who got evicted! Those poor vendors who did not get paid! Those poor employees who are trying to cover the shortfall out of their own pockets!!!! In the meantime the guests need to be somewhere pesadik and they need to eat and feed their families! And they need somewhere to daven and sleep!

No one was evicted! That was made up, I spoke to someone there everyone has their houses, they just cant use the common areas.
And yes last year there were anti semitic issues like last minute owners refusing to rent out their villas to frum people.
Dont say things based on reading on article, half these articles have no credibility

Ihatepotatoes

Post Wed, Apr 24 2019, 11:13 pm
amother [ Beige ] wrote:
No one was evicted! That was made up, I spoke to someone there everyone has their houses, they just cant use the common areas.
And yes last year there were anti semitic issues like last minute owners refusing to rent out their villas to frum people.
Dont say things based on reading on article, half these articles have no credibility

"They just can't use the common areas" and not having a shul to daven in, plus guests having to lay out thousands of dollars in order to pay for everyone's food isn't anti semitism. It's someone being bad with money at best, and someone displaying ill-intent at worst. I'd lean toward the latter since reports are that the owner is nowhere to be found.

The ones with no credibility are the ones who take thousands of dollars ( looking at their website, a family of 4 would have to pay at least 10,000 dollars when you include all the add-ons) from people and don't pay the vendors, don't provide the "common areas" they promised the guests, and make people cook their own raw meat.

amother
Lavender

Post Thu, Apr 25 2019, 1:12 am
While it’s good to be dklz it’s clear that at the very least these people did not get what they paid for. They paid the owner of the program. The buck stops there. And he’s MIA? It said it was under new management this year

amother
Green

Post Thu, Apr 25 2019, 3:57 am
amother [ Lavender ] wrote:

I asked in case some people got most of what was promised, as unlikely as it seems. The article was only reporting about those who didn’t get everything. Some families may be ok (hopefully). Also, with new management in the future the program could potentially continue.

amother
Forestgreen

Post Thu, Apr 25 2019, 11:58 am
amother [ Beige ] wrote:
I have been to this pesach program for many years and it has always been beautiful with plenty of food and gorgeous houses and wonderful programs. This year we didnt go but I remember last year they started having anti semitic issues with the resort. I really believe that things went wrong this year but this program has been amazing all the other years.

You must work for this program, because that’s blantantly not true. They had major issues 3 years ago when we went as well and last year I heard was just awful. I have a close connection with someone in management in the program and basically, the owner didn’t pay anyone and ran off with the money. No anti Semitism, just a bunch of people who haven’t been paid. This guy is a crook and I hope he is sued and taken to the cleaners.

amother
OP

Post Sat, Apr 27 2019, 11:54 pm
https://www.theyeshivaworld.co......html

Quote:
Meanwhile, another company called “A Perfect Pesach Program”, hosted by The Kosher Guru and owned by the Heller and Silverstein families in nearby Story Lake, says they were inundated by hundreds of messages, phone calls and emails. This program has food by Main Event / Mauzone Caterers and the Chol Hamoed BBQ’s are catered by Fuego, a premiere Kosher restaurant in North Miami Beach.

“People were literally crying on the phone to us, begging us for food,” Kosher Guru told YWN.

“We have been helping as many people as possible, and are doing our best”.

Our readers should understand that this is not a large Frum community like Brooklyn, Lakewood etc. The local supermarket can not accommodate the thousands of people who travel from out-of-town, making it unrealistic to just pick up food and cook. There are no Kosher establishments in the area.

Multiple sources have contacted YWN with claims that they are seeking to file lawsuits, claiming that this is not the first time the owner has been involved in a fiasco like this.

Here is link to 2003 story when he did this before

https://www.orlandosentinel.co......html

amother
Magenta

Post Sun, Apr 28 2019, 2:05 am
It’s not the first time he had this happen.
https://www.orlandosentinel.co......html
Page 3 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics