Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Quitting

amother
OP

Post Mon, Apr 15 2019, 11:35 pm
I need some awesome inspiring quitting stories. I am miserable at my job, and I just dont have the guts to do it. I need some comic relief or just some entertainment. A good quitting story to read. Hit me.

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Tue, Apr 16 2019, 12:16 am
Sorry no humor here. I moved over the summer and started a new job in the city and quit after four months. I bh had another job lined up though. Do you have something else lined up? I am soooo much happier at my new job.

amother
Oak

Post Tue, Apr 16 2019, 12:20 am
I work in an office where everyone else is on another team and they're all overworked and miserable right now I just found out that one of them gave notice and he's the only one walking around the office looking happy. He did have something else lined up before giving notice and he'll be here for another few weeks. But he's the only one walking through the office with a smile on his face.

amother
Bronze

Post Tue, Apr 16 2019, 12:53 am
Check yourself. Did you feel the same way all year around? Then start serious applying. Is it just the pessach pressure? And the rest of the year is all peachy rosy? Then dont quit. You need a diferent chodesh ador nissan plan. My previuos job was very unfriendly. My current job pays less but is less hostile. For now Im keeping. Im still behind with my kitchen. Meat side is ready tho. But being that I have less stress at work. I feel I can make pesach happen.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Apr 16 2019, 7:21 am
I'm due iy"h at the end of the summer, so I dont even want to start with the school year. I'm thinking of doing EI, but I have nothing set up as of now. I'm not nervous about getting a new job, though.
It is definitely not the pesach pressure! I have been thinking of quitting since October.

amother
Bronze

Post Wed, Apr 17 2019, 6:43 am
Then its time to look for something else quietly. Behatzlacha!!!
I found a job BH. Well Hashem sent. The day I signed contract was the day before or same day Igave notice.my old company needed a 2 week notice if you wanted to stay with a clear record and possibly be rehired later. During one of my interviews it was agreed I start lets say nov 1st, I gave notice 2 weeks before nov 1st which was right after I signed the new contract. My pay is less. But they are much nicer to workers.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics