Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Measles free chol hamoed trips??
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Tue, Apr 16 2019, 1:01 pm
Sorry if this was discussed already...
Traveling to Monsey & am pregnant b”h.
Where can my family go on chol hamoed that would be our safest bet? We have all been vaccinated, but vaccinations are estimated to be 97% effective, so I’m still very nervous.
Staying at our hosts all chol hamoed with a bunch of bored active little kids is not an option.
Are any places going to only let in vaccinated ppl in, or is that a pipe dream? Are outdoor parks safer then indoor places? (Although rain is predicted 2 out of 4 days of chol hamoed.)
Willing to travel up to 45 min each way -is another area safer?
Would Williamsburg/Monsey unvaccinated travel that far too? Is anywhere safe??

Thanks for any and all tips!!

pesek zman

Post Tue, Apr 16 2019, 1:04 pm
Come to manhattan.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Apr 16 2019, 1:09 pm
pesek zman wrote:
Come to manhattan.

What can we do there with young kids? (On a tight budget)?

Thanks

amother
Mustard

Post Tue, Apr 16 2019, 1:12 pm
Since the vaccine doesn't work for 3% anyway if you're in a room with more than 33 people statistically you have a person who might as well not be vaccinated anyway so just don't go anywhere with more than 20 people are so.

Or don't worry about it since there have been 0 measles deaths in the last 10 years in the USA but 1 in 400 americans will die from someone texting and driving.

pesek zman

Post Tue, Apr 16 2019, 1:15 pm
Central Park playgrounds! All free! Highline is cool and free! Walk around Hudson yards (free)

amother
Wine

Post Tue, Apr 16 2019, 1:15 pm
amother [ Mustard ] wrote:
Since the vaccine doesn't work for 3% anyway if you're in a room with more than 33 people statistically you have a person who might as well not be vaccinated anyway so just don't go anywhere with more than 20 people are so.

Or don't worry about it since there have been 0 measles deaths in the last 10 years in the USA but 1 in 400 americans will die from someone texting and driving.

Thank you. Wish more people were sensible.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Apr 16 2019, 1:17 pm

This makes no sense. I’m not scared of a unvaccinated person, but a person who may have the measles & not yet know.

Secondly, there is a very real risk for pregnant woman, especially for the unborn baby.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Apr 16 2019, 1:19 pm
pesek zman wrote:
Central Park playgrounds! All free! Highline is cool and free! Walk around Hudson yards (free)

Thank you! Dunno anything about these places, from way oot. Are the in manhattan? What is ‘highline’ & what are ‘Hudson yards’? Thanks

amother
Salmon

Post Tue, Apr 16 2019, 1:26 pm
I was trying to figure out a good place thinking if there's a museum of rock and roll in the trip state area it will be measles people free LOL LOL but really just don't go anywhere advertise in Jewish magazines or newspapers or any free place like the Bronx zoo on Wednesday.

amother
Mint

Post Tue, Apr 16 2019, 1:27 pm
OP, I would stick to outdoor places if possible.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Apr 16 2019, 6:10 pm
amother [ Mint ] wrote:
OP, I would stick to outdoor places if possible.

Any ideas for outdoor places near Monsey?
No zoos or farms bec I’m expecting, & our minhag not to go...

amother
Periwinkle

Post Tue, Apr 16 2019, 6:18 pm
Did u check ur tithers? If yes I personally don’t think it’s within ur hishtadlus to have to isolate urself.

Anyone with an infant or who can’t get vaccines on the other hand, should not be out in my opinion.

(I am bh expecting in monsey and this is my plan)

amother
OP

Post Tue, Apr 16 2019, 6:21 pm
amother [ Periwinkle ] wrote:
Did u check ur tithers? If yes I personally don’t think it’s within ur hishtadlus to have to isolate urself.

Anyone with an infant or who can’t get vaccines on the other hand, should not be out in my opinion.

(I am bh expecting in monsey and this is my plan)

Yes bh I’m immune. Don’t plan to isolate myself, but still prefer to be on the safer side and avoid crowded indoor places...

nchr

Post Tue, Apr 16 2019, 6:34 pm
As long as you don't have an unvaccinated infant, I would not worry too much. Obviously it is your choice, but the vaccine is very effective and two doses are about 97% effective. You could avoid major Monsey attractions such as their rides or the grocery stores if you wish; however, pretty much anywhere you go on chol hamoed within a 2-3 hour drive will have a lot of frum people from many communities such as Monsey, Monroe, Williamsburg, Lakewood, Boro Park, etc.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Tue, Apr 16 2019, 7:16 pm
I have a 4 month old obviously unvaccinated. ill be around the tristate area. should I be avoiding chol hamoed trips? this is insane. I dont want to live in fear, but I also dont want to expose my infant cv. there are frum people everywhere on chol hamoed.

Seashell

Post Tue, Apr 16 2019, 7:18 pm
amother [ Fuchsia ] wrote:
I have a 4 month old obviously unvaccinated. ill be around the tristate area. should I be avoiding chol hamoed trips? this is insane. I dont want to live in fear, but I also dont want to expose my infant cv. there are frum people everywhere on chol hamoed.

Not ideal but anyway u could hire a babysitter or you or DH stay home with baby?
I’d ask my pediatrician his opinion...

southernbubby

Post Tue, Apr 16 2019, 7:52 pm
It looks like Demarest Farms and Bear Mountain will be open. We want to go there if the weather is nice. Look them up online and see if you like them.

amother
Salmon

Post Tue, Apr 16 2019, 7:55 pm
amother [ Fuchsia ] wrote:

Yep it's a big issue I have a 5 month old and I am devastated that I will need to stay home while my family goes out. I deserve an outing also! but selfish people don't stay home while there kids are sick or take out siblings before they get it because if they took precautions this would not be getting worse and last over 6 months so I have to keep my baby safe and stay home.

amother
Khaki

Post Tue, Apr 16 2019, 8:15 pm

It's interesting that nobody actually refutes this claim with facts or data. Only hugs.

amother
Babyblue

Post Tue, Apr 16 2019, 8:23 pm
Was just at the dr today and he mentioned to me that their telling all their patients to stay away from indoor trips
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics