Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
Hefsed Meruba

SisterSix

Post Thu, Apr 18 2019, 7:18 am
Every time I see this term written, I read it as “Hesped” and imagine people mourning the loss of their expensive chometz. And I feel bad for them.

PinkFridge

Post Thu, Apr 18 2019, 8:31 am
"You were good chometz. You were bought with the best of intentions. Maybe you were bought because your owners started keeping yoshon and overdid stocking up. Or maybe your the crackers that some woman bought for a family member who decided to switch to a different cracker. You noodles that were bought 2 for a dollar and then with a coupon: you were bought with love, to nourish a family.

"And now, you will go to new owners. To a different family that sells their chometz/to a local food bank/etc. Or, possibly, and you opened packages that it would have been pas nisht (I hope the word 'pas' isn't triggering. Now that you're on a way to a new home/in the olam ha'emes, you can be fully mochel me) to give away, I'm talking to you. You're going to be fuel for the heilige mitzvah of biur chometz. Maybe this new stage of your existence, whether in someone else's basement or otherwise, is the true tikkun you need

"Rest in peace. Or in ten pieces."

essie14

Post Thu, Apr 18 2019, 8:37 am
PinkFridge wrote:
"You were good chometz. You were bought with the best of intentions. Maybe you were bought because your owners started keeping yoshon and overdid stocking up. Or maybe your the crackers that some woman bought for a family member who decided to switch to a different cracker. You noodles that were bought 2 for a dollar and then with a coupon: you were bought with love, to nourish a family.

"And now, you will go to new owners. To a different family that sells their chometz/to a local food bank/etc. Or, possibly, and you opened packages that it would have been pas nisht (I hope the word 'pas' isn't triggering. Now that you're on a way to a new home/in the olam ha'emes, you can be fully mochel me) to give away, I'm talking to you. You're going to be fuel for the heilige mitzvah of biur chometz. Maybe this new stage of your existence, whether in someone else's basement or otherwise, is the true tikkun you need

"Rest in peace. Or in ten pieces."

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics