Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
Cholent on Pesach

ChossidMom

Post Thu, Apr 18 2019, 9:06 am
Can someone please tell me a great, no-fail (yeah, right), delicious way to make cholent that isn't just water, meat and potatoes? And I've tried to add grated potatoes - meh. We don't eat gebrokts, btw.
I really want to have a delicious lunch this Shabbos and next. It's so challenging on Pesach, though. Confused

ra_mom

Post Thu, Apr 18 2019, 9:10 am
This potato kugel cholent is delicious.
https://www.imamother.com/foru.....84206
Yapsuk cholent is delicious too.

ChossidMom

Post Thu, Apr 18 2019, 9:16 am
ra_mom wrote:
This potato kugel cholent is delicious.
https://www.imamother.com/foru.....84206
Yapsuk cholent is delicious too.

Thanks. I see that recipe calls for a crock pot. Do you think this would work on an electric plata, which is all I have? Also, it wasn't clear to me - first you put the kugel mixture. Then you put potatoes and meat and then MORE kugel mixture on top?

ra_mom

Post Thu, Apr 18 2019, 9:22 am
ChossidMom wrote:
Thanks. I see that recipe calls for a crock pot. Do you think this would work on an electric plata, which is all I have? Also, it wasn't clear to me - first you put the kugel mixture. Then you put potatoes and meat and then MORE kugel mixture on top?

I'm sure you have experience making cholent on your electric plata to know what to do to make it work. I make my yapsuk in the crockpot but my mom made it stove stop years ago and she would put it on the right spot on the blech, check on it, etc. the type of thing you've already learned through trial and error.
The recipe is half kugel batter, meat and potato in the middle, and more kugel batter on top.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics