Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
How long does your bedikas chometz take?
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Thu, Apr 18 2019, 1:40 pm
Just curious what bedikas chometz looks like in other houses. In responding with how long it takes, feel free to include other relevant factors like how big your house/apartment is, if he has help dividing up the rooms, if he's just looking for 10 pieces of hidden chometz or doing a more thorough search, etc.

Rachel Shira

Post Thu, Apr 18 2019, 2:02 pm
We hide and look for 10 pieces of bread, nothing else. 2 bedroom apartment plus 2 cars. Maybe 20 minutes?

amother
Mauve

Post Thu, Apr 18 2019, 2:06 pm
3 bedroom apartment, it takes 10/15 minutes. There's no amount of time it's supposed to take.

ra_mom

Post Thu, Apr 18 2019, 2:07 pm
10 minutes

little neshamala

Post Thu, Apr 18 2019, 2:09 pm
4 bedroom house with finished downstairs, probably about 20 minutes. But he does look for chometz beyond just finding the bread, even if he knows we found the bread for that room, he'll keep looking.

thunderstorm

Post Thu, Apr 18 2019, 2:10 pm
Around a half hour two story house, five bedrooms

heidi

Post Thu, Apr 18 2019, 2:24 pm
5 bedrooms. 4 floors.
10 pieces of bread.
20 minutes

amother
Gold

Post Thu, Apr 18 2019, 2:59 pm
5 bedroom apartment - 10 min.
House has been KFP for 2 weeks except for one corner of the dining room which we packed away and cleaned today.
Kids hide 10 pieces, we all search together.

amother
Wheat

Post Thu, Apr 18 2019, 3:39 pm
2 bedroom apartment
20 minutes. look for 10 pieces and double check other areas

amother
Sienna

Post Thu, Apr 18 2019, 3:44 pm
Wow how do you guys do a 2 story/5 bedroom house in 20 minutes? Don't you really have to check each room?

amother
Rose

Post Thu, Apr 18 2019, 3:48 pm
My dad AH checked for about 40 min a 3 bedroom apt.My DH colects the things and good bye .Last few years he assigns a bochur son. I know people that take much longer than my dad. I miss my dads way. He opened each cabinet closet . And took a quick glance at the prducts. Example 40 years ago glue was considered chomets so he found one with the school supplies and told us to put with the food to sell. And a playdough...just I dont remembrr what he told to do with it

ChossidMom

Post Thu, Apr 18 2019, 4:03 pm
Hours. My husband really checks everything in the house.

amother
Denim

Post Thu, Apr 18 2019, 4:13 pm
Were JPF. About 2 hours unless we still need to clean 1 room. 5 bedrooms. 2 car garage, finished basement.
I used to start early so the kids could go to sleep, but the excitement adds to the time it takes. No child is in bed before 11pm that night. Some even miss bikur chometz because they're sleeping.

Ruchel

Post Thu, Apr 18 2019, 4:50 pm
15-30?
we don't go in all rooms

Nechamie

Post Thu, Apr 18 2019, 4:54 pm
30-40 minutes. 6 bedrooms, 2 floors.

amother
Burgundy

Post Thu, Apr 18 2019, 5:00 pm
Probably about 30 minutes for a two bedroom, one floor home. He doesn't only look for the hidden pieces, he actually checks to make sure we didn't miss anything when we did the cleaning. I thought that's the point or the bedikah...

crust

Post Thu, Apr 18 2019, 5:32 pm
6 story house.
13 bedrooms plus an attic and a basement.
We hire a crew of people to do it for us while we veg in the lounge drinking slurpees and skimming through old family albums.

Ahhh.

ra_mom

Post Thu, Apr 18 2019, 5:35 pm
Dh doesn't just collect the pieces. He opens cabinets, drawers, closets and looks under furniture. If the house is clean it's just a quick cursory look through.

shabbatiscoming

Post Thu, Apr 18 2019, 5:58 pm
OP, you asked if he does this or if he does that. In our home, and my home growing up, everyone took part, not just the fatger/husband. Both parents and any child/ren at home.
We have a 4 bedroom one floor home. It takes maybe 10 minutes. We hide a piece of bread in each room. We never bring any food to any part of our home except kitchen and dinnkng room, and its all been cleaned already. So not long at all.

livinginflatbus

Post Thu, Apr 18 2019, 6:00 pm
Maybe ten to twenty minutes. Two bedroom apartment.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics