Home

Help me with my menu

View latest: 24h 48h 72h

amother

OP

Post  Thu, Apr 18 2019, 7:45 pm
Second seder dd has requested Italian wedding soup (basically it's super loaded chicken soup with teeny meatballs). I thought it would be fun. In essence it will be our main course, but I need to round out the meal so it is 3 courses. What else can I serve? (Dessert is chocolate orange cake and applesauce. )

thunderstorm

Post  Thu, Apr 18 2019, 8:00 pm
Fish and salad as an appetizer

ra_mom

Post  Thu, Apr 18 2019, 8:01 pm
If you want to go full on Italian inspired you can do a salad course, bruschetta zucchini, Portobello stuffed potatoes, and an antipasto platter with roasted peppers, asparagus, olives, salami, pesach crackers...

Raisin

Post  Thu, Apr 18 2019, 8:04 pm
I'm kind of traditional with menus. I don't like skipping the main course. I would do the soup, and a regular main course but just plan smaller portions. Maybe chicken since you already have beef in the soup. No heavy sides like kugel, just chicken and a salad or cooked veg dish.

Raisin

Post  Thu, Apr 18 2019, 8:07 pm
Also Italian wedding soup has pasta which I assume you are skipping so it won't be quite so heavy.

amother

OP

Post  Thu, Apr 18 2019, 8:08 pm
ra_mom wrote:
If you want to go full on Italian inspired you can do a salad course, bruschetta zucchini, Portobello stuffed potatoes, and an antipasto platter with roasted peppers, asparagus, olives, salami, pesach crackers...

How fun is that? Thanks!

amother

OP

Post  Thu, Apr 18 2019, 8:16 pm
Raisin wrote:
Also Italian wedding soup has pasta which I assume you are skipping so it won't be quite so heavy.
It will contain pesach "egg noodles," so in addition to the meatballs will.have protein from the eggs.
Recent Topics

Page 1 of 1 View latest: 24h 48h 72h