Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
Recipe for ground chicken ASAP

amother
OP

Post Mon, Apr 22 2019, 5:43 pm
I made a mixture of ground chicken with some mashed potatoes and eggs to make burgers. My kids don’t like the burgers so what else can I make with the rest of the mixture??
I only use peeled veggies no spices , potato starch and home squeezed fruit juices...
Any ideas??

ra_mom

Post Mon, Apr 22 2019, 5:45 pm
Add some grated onion and much more salt so it's tasty. Then you can either make more tasty burgers, or meatballs in carrots sauce, or roll into logs and put on skewers for kebabs.

amother
Orchid

Post Mon, Apr 22 2019, 5:46 pm
You could make them into nuggets. Take little flattened balls if the mixture, coat in potato starch (with salt) and fry in oil. Delicious.

amother
Amber

Post Mon, Apr 22 2019, 5:49 pm
Would they eat meatloaf? Someone here once posted a heaven meatloaf recipe with potatoes and sweet potatoes that I make all the time with ground chicken/turkey.

Raisin

Post Mon, Apr 22 2019, 5:51 pm
chicken knaidlich. This is the recipe I used and they came out great.

1 kg minced chicken
4 eggs
4 small potatoes, peeled and boiled
Salt

Fill a pot with salted water and bring to a boil.

In a bowl, mash the potatoes. Add in the minced chicken, eggs and generous helping of salt.

Refrigerate for 1 hr.

Roll balls of mixture and drop into boiling water.

Cover and boil for 40 minutes.

Yields approximately 25

Tips:
* these freeze well
* freeze in a single layer, on a baking tray and once frozen, transfer to bags. This allows you to take just a few put at a time without them sticking together

You can freeze for yom tov if you don't want to eat them now.

dankbar

Post Mon, Apr 22 2019, 5:51 pm
You can add into the mixture grated onions. Sauteed onions. Grated carrots & grated zucchini & fry.
You can do shepherd's pie. Like meatloaf on bottom & mashed potatoes on top & bake. Either in foil pan or in individual ramekins.
You can form balls & cook it in a soup instead of matzo balls.
I saw a recipe to stuff it into zucchini cylinders & bake. With a tomato sauce on bottom.

thunderstorm

Post Mon, Apr 22 2019, 5:53 pm
Make them into small balls cooked in water with some vegetables and then remove balls from water , drop into hot chicken soup with egg noodles

dankbar

Post Mon, Apr 22 2019, 5:54 pm
I'm thinking if you can maybe brown it with onions & then eat with matzah or put into a pesach crepe like a mock taco

Raisin

Post Mon, Apr 22 2019, 6:15 pm
you can also add ground beef. I often make meatballs with a mixture of ground beef and chicken and they are very good. Make a tomato sauce and serve with mashed potatoes or zoodles.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics