Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
Where would you WANT to spend Pesach?
1  2  Next

Notsobusy

Post Tue, Apr 23 2019, 12:52 pm
I always read the hotel threads and think I would so much rather stay home, with all the hard work that comes with it, than spend Pesach in a hotel.

But I met someone recently who is very wealthy, and they rented a villa in an incredible location, and hired a private chef to cater their entire Pesach. That's what I would want to do if I had the money.

I know people who rented villas in Orlando and either made food and shlepped it with them, or went early to cook there. That doesn't tempt me at all. If I have to cook, I would rather do it at home.

I would love to go somewhere really special, like Hawaii, my dream vacation spot, and rent an incredible mansion with a private pool, on the water, and have someone else make all of our favorite foods. And they should set up and clean up and do all the shopping.

A girl can dream........

amother
Copper

Post Tue, Apr 23 2019, 1:13 pm
My perfect pesach is in my own home with my own little family Smile I would be thrilled if someone did all the cleaning before, during and after YT. I'm happy to cook and serve myself.

ra_mom

Post Tue, Apr 23 2019, 1:33 pm
If I could go on location like rent a villa with a private chef who would stay to cook like I do (or better) and/or fresh for each meal, that would be ideal. Cleaning staff and childcare help too. And another family nearby for company and friends for the kids. Like you said, a girl can dream!

ectomorph

Post Tue, Apr 23 2019, 1:45 pm
Yerushalayim in a rented apartment and takeout food.

amother
Plum

Post Tue, Apr 23 2019, 1:48 pm
Home. Or really anywhere but with my family and my own cooked food. Catered food does not speak to me at all. I love the cooking and baking.
We rent a house for sukkos usually and cook out own food.

amother
Silver

Post Tue, Apr 23 2019, 1:48 pm
Maldives doing the same as your friend!

amother
Brunette

Post Tue, Apr 23 2019, 1:53 pm
Home. I can't imagine a better place. I'm very blessed to have some domestic help so cleaning isn't so bad. I enjoy cooking and usually have a relative show up to help with the monotonous prep work of peeling a gazilion potatoes, carrots, apples, etc. And my mother takes our kids to stay at her house so I can totally focus on preparing for YT/ seders for our extended families. Seriously, I hate crowds and I like sleeping in my own bed. Hotels or even rented villas hold no appeal for me.

SixOfWands

Post Tue, Apr 23 2019, 1:54 pm
Notsobusy wrote:
I always read the hotel threads and think I would so much rather stay home, with all the hard work that comes with it, than spend Pesach in a hotel.

But I met someone recently who is very wealthy, and they rented a villa in an incredible location, and hired a private chef to cater their entire Pesach. That's what I would want to do if I had the money.

I know people who rented villas in Orlando and either made food and shlepped it with them, or went early to cook there. That doesn't tempt me at all. If I have to cook, I would rather do it at home.

I would love to go somewhere really special, like Hawaii, my dream vacation spot, and rent an incredible mansion with a private pool, on the water, and have someone else make all of our favorite foods. And they should set up and clean up and do all the shopping.

A girl can dream........

Hawaii. My own villa. With my close friends and family in nearby villas. Private chef and cleaning service.

I'll save the villa down the road for you.

thunderstorm

Post Tue, Apr 23 2019, 1:57 pm
I'm with you OP, but I think I'd choose a large apartment in the Old City of Jerusalem as the place rather than Hawaii.

Amalia

Post Tue, Apr 23 2019, 1:58 pm
ra_mom wrote:
If I could go on location like rent a villa with a private chef who would stay to cook like I do (or better) and/or fresh for each meal, that would be ideal. Cleaning staff and childcare help too. And another family nearby for company and friends for the kids. Like you said, a girl can dream!

Dear ra_mom,

Judging by the amazing recipes you post here and by the no-less amazing solutions you come up with about various cooking and home management problems, it’s hard for me to imagine someone who’d cook better than you!

amother
Mustard

In Yerushalayim with the Beis Hamikdash Very Happy Barring that, I'd also like to try the villa thing. I've done both home and hotel, they each have their pros and cons, and renting an actual home seems like it could be the best of both worlds. In that situation, it doesn't make a difference to me where said home is, as long as the location has interesting stuff to do.

pesek zman

I’ll take a hotel virtually anywhere in Europe. BH I’ve been to some great places for Pesach and these are my favorite in that I get to do some interesting touring and see parts of the world I may otherwise not.

Notsobusy

Post Tue, Apr 23 2019, 2:04 pm
I love being home and I really do enjoy the cleaning and cooking, it just gets to be a bit much sometimes, especially being that I work full time.

I don't think I would want to go away every year, but if I won the lottery, yeah right, I would want to do it at least once.

And ra_mom and SixofWands, you're both right, we need to pick the right friends and/or family to take along with us, in their own houses right nearby. Otherwise it might get a little boring.

amother
Scarlet

Post Tue, Apr 23 2019, 2:08 pm
Notsobusy wrote:

A girl can dream........

I like the idea of a private villa. However, I don’t like the idea of having “staff” like a chef as it would compromise my privacy. To me the whole point of a villa vs hotel is to get the added privacy.

amother
Smokey

Post Tue, Apr 23 2019, 2:12 pm
Cabo Mexico

EmpireState

Post Tue, Apr 23 2019, 2:14 pm
Israel doing one Seder and only 7 days Chag. Throw in a personal chef who would cook healthy yummy meals. Of course daily cleaning help...

amother
Aquamarine

Post Tue, Apr 23 2019, 2:40 pm
Home with a full pesach kitchen including all appliances like a dehydrator for fruit, cleaning help for the pesach cleaning and basic kitchen help like peeling. Otherwise, I love pesach cooking. It stretches my imagination. (We're Lubavitch so our pesach chumros really make you think out of the box)

Rubber Ducky

Post Tue, Apr 23 2019, 2:45 pm
At home with DH, kids, and grandkids. The cleaning crew has cleaned my house and kashered the kitchen. Our personal chef has made some meals so I can join the family on chol hamoed outings. And when I cook, our new robot is cleaning up.

After Pesach is over, I'm keeping the robot.

amother
Pewter

Post Tue, Apr 23 2019, 3:03 pm
KMR pesach program looks really nice! But I can't afford it.

Kiwi13

Post Tue, Apr 23 2019, 3:20 pm
Home with my family. But if I get to dream mega-huge, then in Israel in our second home that we visit as we please, complete with a full wait staff and cleanup crew. :-)
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics