Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
How sad is it?
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Tue, Apr 23 2019, 7:15 pm
That for most of us we can't wait for yomtov to be over? Whether it's the enormous prep, cooking, cleaning, expense, kids home, guests- I've had enough. Yomtov is supposed to be beautiful. Is there anyone that this coming shabbos afternoon will be thinking, I really wish pesach was an extra day or 2 this year?

thunderstorm

Post Tue, Apr 23 2019, 7:17 pm
Other than me wanting to go back to my healthy eating (and I struggle with that when there is junk food around) I really wish Yom Tov were two weeks . But I'm probably the odd one out

Post Tue, Apr 23 2019, 7:23 pm
thunderstorm wrote:
Other than me wanting to go back to my healthy eating (and I struggle with that when there is junk food around) I really wish Yom Tov were two weeks . But I'm probably the odd one out

No, I love it also. I love having my family home with me with no work or school. I find Pesach is healthier eating, and junk food doesn't temp me. I love being in a clean fresh spotless home. It feels so renewing. It's great to visit with the neighbors that hibernate during the winter ams eat with close friends.

amother
Slateblue

Post Tue, Apr 23 2019, 7:29 pm
Honestly, I'm not.
I love being around my baby so much, hugging and cuddling and playing all day long.
I work full time, even chol hamoed, and treasure these moments

esuss

Post Tue, Apr 23 2019, 7:30 pm
Pesach is my favorite Chag of the year. probably because we work so hard we feel so good when it is finally here and all the special foods. My children say that the day after Pesach is the worst day as we have to wait another whole year until the next Pesach.

amother
Cerise

Post Tue, Apr 23 2019, 7:32 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
That for most of us we can't wait for yomtov to be over? Whether it's the enormous prep, cooking, cleaning, expense, kids home, guests- I've had enough. Yomtov is supposed to be beautiful. Is there anyone that this coming shabbos afternoon will be thinking, I really wish pesach was an extra day or 2 this year?

I also had enough, I am already starting to clean up and put away pesach things I don't need. This way I can get back to normal motzei Shabbos ASAP! Yeah it's sad, but I have worked very hard so I guess it is normal. sigh

Learning

Post Tue, Apr 23 2019, 7:44 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

It sounds like the difficult part for you is only the hard physical work. If it’s only this get some help. Otherwise there are people with family or social isolation situations that really feel bad on yom Tov.

Emotional

Post Tue, Apr 23 2019, 7:46 pm
A major yom tov like Pesach is when any underlying stresses a woman deals with all year round, tends to be magnified and come to the fore. Whether health issues, marriage problems, singlehood, money stresses, family politics, problem behaviors, etc.
There's nothing like Pesach to potentially rub your face in it.
Ideally everyone would cherish every moment and experience precious family bonding, and emerge from Pesach rejuvenated and renewed... and for some lucky people it is indeed that way. For the rest of us, though, we do the best we can. And daven for geulah and genuine freedom.

zaq

Post Tue, Apr 23 2019, 8:02 pm
Given the enormous amount of work it takes to make Pesach, and the only slightly lesser burden of unmaking Pesach, I would cheerfully celebrate Pesach for a month. Chez Zaqarias, getting into and out of Pesach mode is like moving house twice in a week and a half, and it’s not exactly getting easier every year. Once I’ve made the change, I would really like to “set a spell” before having to pack and move and move and unpack all over again.

OTOH given the astronomical prices of Pesach provisions, my wallet is grateful that Pesach isn’t any longer than it is.

allthingsblue

Post Tue, Apr 23 2019, 8:03 pm
I just wish it was one day of yom tov, as it would be with the Bhmkdsh (or if I lived in E"Y )

pause

Post Tue, Apr 23 2019, 8:10 pm
My enjoyment of YT is always dependent on where / when we spend our time. This year I would love an extension.

Notsobusy

Post Tue, Apr 23 2019, 8:32 pm
allthingsblue wrote:
I just wish it was one day of yom tov, as it would be with the Bhmkdsh (or if I lived in E"Y )

I don't think I would enjoy one day of Yom Tov. After all that hard work I want to be able to enjoy it, if it was over in one day it would feel like a waste of time. Besides, I need two days to nap after the meal and rest up before we go into Chol Hamoed or post Pesach put the house back together.

MiracleMama

Post Tue, Apr 23 2019, 9:16 pm
Honestly, there is no question that this is by far the hardest YT in terms of workload and I am exhausted - physically and emotionally. But it's also one of the nicest. All our family comes to us. Which makes it really stressful. But also makes it beatuiful. It's both. The hardest parts are over so I'm not in such a hurry for it to end.

lucky14

Post Tue, Apr 23 2019, 10:18 pm
I love Pesach. I'll take more! :-)

OutATowner

Post Tue, Apr 23 2019, 10:36 pm
I love Pesach just the way it is. Long enough to enjoy the effort put in to it, but not too long that I go crazy. Just right.

momsrus

Post Tue, Apr 23 2019, 10:38 pm
I love Yom Tov. It’s far from vacation, but it’s totally vacation.

amother
Firebrick

Post Tue, Apr 23 2019, 10:40 pm
amother [ Slateblue ] wrote:
Honestly, I'm not.
I love being around my baby so much, hugging and cuddling and playing all day long.
I work full time, even chol hamoed, and treasure these moments

You sound like someone who is being hosted for pesach

momsrus

Post Tue, Apr 23 2019, 10:42 pm
amother [ Firebrick ] wrote:
You sound like someone who is being hosted for pesach

Maybe she is but I could have posted the same thing as her and I make pesach from scratch from start to finish.

clowny

Post Tue, Apr 23 2019, 10:56 pm
I love pesach and I love every single Yom Tov. It’s so beautiful to spend time with family.
Yes op, it’s very sad for those who feel this way. It shouldn’t be this way. And it doesn’t have to be this way. That’s not what Hashem wants from us. He wants us to love Yom Tov, and accept it with pure happiness. Op, maybe you should relax, cut down on some work that’s not necessary. Unfortunately a bit part of why people are feeling the way op is feeling is because they go overboard with pesach cleaning. And by the time pesach arrives, they are drenched, way too stressful and nervous. Therefore they can’t wait for it to be over. Sad.
And what’s also sad is what their children are picking up.

amother
Blonde

Post Tue, Apr 23 2019, 10:57 pm
I like the outings and the sleeping late thing. My mother in law had invited for a Chol Hamoed meal, but then she took the invitation back. I’m postpartum, I’m not up to hosting, nor visiting my family in Canada ( we live in Lakewood).
So yes, I can’t wait till it’s over. It’s very upsetting for my children to not see family.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics