Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
New york aquarium update?

strawberry cola

Post Wed, Apr 24 2019, 5:16 pm
Does anyone know whether the New York Aquarium is fully operational? I know that some exhibits were closed following Hurricane Sandy. Has anyone been there recently? What are the main attractions?
TIA

yamz

Post Wed, Apr 24 2019, 5:34 pm
It has been renovated since Hurricane Sandy. There is a sea lion show twice a day. There is a shark exhibit. There is a 4D movie. There is a coral reef area and an outdoor exhibit with penguins.

Fabulous

Post Wed, Apr 24 2019, 5:40 pm
yamz wrote:
It has been renovated since Hurricane Sandy. There is a sea lion show twice a day. There is a shark exhibit. There is a 4D movie. There is a coral reef area and an outdoor exhibit with penguins.

I was there a year and a half ago and a ton of exhibits were still closed.

yo'ma

Post Thu, Apr 25 2019, 8:28 am
I was there this past winter. We went I think on Wednesday at 3 because at that time you can pay what you want and if not, it's very expensive. I'm really glad I did that because hardly anything was there, the shark exhibit, 2,3 animals/mammals/fish (whatever they are) outside and the show.

yidishmamma

Post Thu, Apr 25 2019, 9:02 am
yo'ma wrote:
I was there this past winter. We went I think on Wednesday at 3 because at that time you can pay what you want and if not, it's very expensive. I'm really glad I did that because hardly anything was there, the shark exhibit, 2,3 animals/mammals/fish (whatever they are) outside and the show.

You are right . I was there 2 Days Ago and it was really overpriced for what they have . It was nice but not for these Prices

dankbar

Post Thu, Apr 25 2019, 9:58 am
Used to be a great place. Since hurricane Sandy, I call them every chol hamoad if everything is open yet. Price is same & expensive but they always told me that many exhibits are still closed, so we skipped it till they are completely redone.

Rappel

Post Thu, Apr 25 2019, 10:16 am
What a shame. The aquarium was always one of the finest exhibits in New York.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries