Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
Pesach packed away
1  2  3  Next

Wife1

Post Sat, Apr 27 2019, 11:27 pm
Just need to say all pesach things are in the attic! Yay! Just have to wash the pesach towels!

Yay we did it!
Good job to all us ladies!

amother
cornflower

Post Sat, Apr 27 2019, 11:31 pm
Wife1 wrote:
Just need to say all pesach things are in the attic! Yay! Just have to wash the pesach towels!

Yay we did it!
Good job to all us ladies!

I am done putting away the pesach things but I still have to unpack my chometz pots and pans and dishes and put them back in the kitchen.

amother
Pumpkin

Post Sat, Apr 27 2019, 11:39 pm
I’m not planning to change ANYTHING. until Monday morning
I’ll do it with my cleaning lady.
Tomorrow laundry, etc. Basic house cleaning.

amother
Olive

Post Sat, Apr 27 2019, 11:47 pm
Why? I honestly don't understand the huge fuss. 2 hours and it's done if you just do it.

amother
Blue

Post Sat, Apr 27 2019, 11:54 pm
I like to leave things to air-dry overnight before closing them I to storage boxes.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Sun, Apr 28 2019, 12:24 am
amother [ Olive ] wrote:
Why? I honestly don't understand the huge fuss. 2 hours and it's done if you just do it.

Maybe for you.

Other people have different size kitchens, different amounts of stuff, different storage space, different sized families and end of yom tov meals. It will take me more than two hours just to wash today's dishes, let alone everything else.

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Sun, Apr 28 2019, 12:36 am
Finished. Yay!
I have my pesach stuff in cabinets in my kitchen so only need to pack away and then untape chometz cabinets.
I wasn't home last days. I just washed everything off. Packed away very neatly and organized. Bh!

amother
Brown

Post Sun, Apr 28 2019, 12:57 am
I'm very glad to say that I did NOT pack everything away yet and I feel very good about my decision!

I washed lots and lots of dishes, they're on the rack now and they'll try overnight. I sat down with my recipes and wrote down what worked and didn't work. I sat down with my pesach notebook and wrote down what we bought and what we used. I put away some stuff.

My counters need to be washed down before I put them away - tomorrow. I need to wash tablecloths and towels - tomorrow.

I'm going to sleep now, yay!!!

ra_mom

Post Sun, Apr 28 2019, 1:30 am
We finished at 10:30 have the counters still drip drying in the laundry room. They're washed and dried but they really need more air drying on the parts that surrounded the sinks all pesach. I'll wrap them tomorrow and dh will bring them downstairs.

amother
Blush

Post Sun, Apr 28 2019, 1:47 am
We packed everything from our dining room: China, serving pieces, hagaddos, tablecloths, etc. then I went shopping for chametz. Kitchen will get done tomorrow, IY”H. I used to kill myself to shop right after Yom Tov then come home & pack everything. Everyone always ended up in a bad mood. This worked beautifully, my DH got to go to sleep early (he helped pack the boxes first), my kids got their Chametz fix, and I get a normal night’s sleep and can pack up when I’m not falling on my face.

momsrus

Post Sun, Apr 28 2019, 1:52 am
ra_mom wrote:
We finished at 10:30 have the counters still drip drying in the laundry room. They're washed and dried but they really need more air drying on the parts that surrounded the sinks all pesach. I'll wrap them tomorrow and dh will bring them downstairs.

What type of counters are those? I could never understand how people put away their countertops from year to year. They get so icky

doodlesmom

Post Sun, Apr 28 2019, 1:53 am
Just wondering if those who wait a couple of days to finish don't bring chametz into the kitchen till after?

ra_mom

Post Sun, Apr 28 2019, 2:02 am
momsrus wrote:
What type of counters are those? I could never understand how people put away their countertops from year to year. They get so icky

Regular corrugated plastic. I keep them pristine. We seal the edges before use so dirt doesn't get inside. We carve them to size around the bends so we don't have to tape them down or use a bunch of pieces taped together.

soap suds

Post Sun, Apr 28 2019, 2:05 am
ra_mom wrote:
Regular corrugated plastic. I keep them pristine. We seal the edges before use so dirt doesn't get inside. We carve them to size around the bends so we don't have to tape them down or use a bunch of pieces taped together.

How do you seal them? Does it keep water from getting inside?

amother
Blush

Post Sun, Apr 28 2019, 2:06 am
doodlesmom wrote:
Just wondering if those who wait a couple of days to finish don't bring chametz into the kitchen till after?

No Chametz in the kitchen until it’s all packed up, but we can eat in the dining room until then (we do the same in reverse before Pesach- turned over the kitchen motzai Shabbos hagadol and ate Chametz in the dining room until Wednesday night).

amother
Blush

Post Sun, Apr 28 2019, 2:08 am
momsrus wrote:

This was the third year we used our counter coverings (third year we’re in this house). We use vinyl flooring & we tape it down. I’ll clean it before we put it away.

ra_mom

Post Sun, Apr 28 2019, 2:08 am
soap suds wrote:
How do you seal them? Does it keep water from getting inside?

With tape folded over when new. Nothing gets in. Keep it clean when in use and wipe down underneath once a day too. Keeps about 4 years.
Hard work to carve it so precisely but well worth it and once you have the first set it's very easy to duplicate the new set when you're ready to dispose of it.

pizza4

Post Sun, Apr 28 2019, 2:26 am
ra_mom wrote:
With tape folded over when new. Nothing gets in. Keep it clean when in use and wipe down underneath once a day too. Keeps about 4 years.
Hard work to carve it so precisely but well worth it and once you have the first set it's very easy to duplicate the new set when you're ready to dispose of it.

Yep we do this too! Using white counter tape around, it stays pretty well! This pesach was our third time using it.
I didn't get to pack everything away, just cleared out all the pesach stuff, washed and dried and it's all on my dining room table. I'll pack it away tomorrow iyh.

pause

Post Sun, Apr 28 2019, 2:55 am
We finished about an hour ago BH. Now I get to relax on Imamother instead of going to bed Smile

essie14

Post Sun, Apr 28 2019, 3:05 am
Everything for the Seder gets packed away on chol hamoed.
Last day is disposable only so all the dishes are washed and dried before chag is over.
Pesach pots get packed away and chametz pots get unpacked and put back in the cabinets.
Took us one hour. The boxes stayed in the living room until this morning when DH could put them in the machsan.
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics