Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
Pesach packed away
Previous  1  2  3  Next

tf

Post Sun, Apr 28 2019, 5:04 am
amother [ cornflower ] wrote:
I am done putting away the pesach things but I still have to unpack my chometz pots and pans and dishes and put them back in the kitchen.

I used to unpack my kitchen cabinets. No more. I bought a tall cabinet with shelves and a dolly. I screwed the cabinet on top of the dolly and don’t unpack anymore. It saves me a week work. I love it.
At first I didn’t have place for it but made some because of the ease of it. I highly recommend it. It saves me time and energy.

groisamomma

Post Sun, Apr 28 2019, 5:15 am
For those wondering how people reuse them, we use the thin vinyl countertops that roll up for easy storage year after year. Wash, dry, roll, tape shut.

Ruchel

Post Sun, Apr 28 2019, 6:12 am
RUMPELNACHT

thunderstorm

Post Sun, Apr 28 2019, 6:34 am
Ruchel wrote:
RUMPELNACHT

What does that mean?

FranticFrummie

Post Sun, Apr 28 2019, 7:01 am
I don't have much to do this year, so I am going to take my time and do it right.

Last year I put things away when they were still damp (I didn't realize it.) This year when I opened up the plastic bins, all of my cookbooks were covered in black mold. I'm highly allergic, so they all had to be thrown away. Crying

If it takes you a week to get everything completely clean and dry, don't feel bad. It isn't a race, and nobody is going to come to your house and beat you up if you take a while.

Raisin

Post Sun, Apr 28 2019, 7:37 am
I bribe my kids with homemade pizza if they help put away the dishes. Works well for me. The hardest thing about pesach for me is having my kitchen turned upside down so this is great. We used paper goods on yom tov and I washed stuff up as we went along so I only had to wash up a few things from lunch and moshiach seuda.

My house is still a mess with piles of laundry, toys out of place, cases of wine and matza...it will get done iyh.

lkwdlady

Post Sun, Apr 28 2019, 7:53 am
tf wrote:
I used to unpack my kitchen cabinets. No more. I bought a tall cabinet with shelves and a dolly. I screwed the cabinet on top of the dolly and don’t unpack anymore. It saves me a week work. I love it.
At first I didn’t have place for it but made some because of the ease of it. I highly recommend it. It saves me time and energy.

Can I see a picture or link of this? What do you store there? Is there enough room for dishes and pots?

amother
Tan

Post Sun, Apr 28 2019, 7:54 am
amother [ Pumpkin ] wrote:
I’m not planning to change ANYTHING. until Monday morning
I’ll do it with my cleaning lady.
Tomorrow laundry, etc. Basic house cleaning.

Do you have kids?
If so, what happens if they ate bread or pizza and come to the kitchen to wash off their chometz hands after eating?

watergirl

Post Sun, Apr 28 2019, 8:06 am
essie14 wrote:
Everything for the Seder gets packed away on chol hamoed.
Last day is disposable only so all the dishes are washed and dried before chag is over.
Pesach pots get packed away and chametz pots get unpacked and put back in the cabinets.
Took us one hour. The boxes stayed in the living room until this morning when DH could put them in the machsan.

Same with the bold. I pack away as I finish with it. All pots and pans are packed away erev YT second days (well, in boxes in the basement snd dh deals with it after pesach but its out of the kitchen and food areas. I keep my utensils and small equipment in a 3-drawer thing on wheels and other than using it for storage, I use it during pesach as my drawers so I don't have to clean out my regular drawers for cutlery etc. Then it gets taped up and put away. So easy! Putting everything away as soon as I’m finished with it is a massive help. We kasher our countertops so there is nothing to put away in terms of covers... super fast and easy!

Ema of 5

Post Sun, Apr 28 2019, 8:30 am
amother [ Olive ] wrote:
Why? I honestly don't understand the huge fuss. 2 hours and it's done if you just do it.

Not for us. It takes about 4 hours solid work, no breaks. Some people have more than others, and some things are more complicated to put away.

Raisin

Post Sun, Apr 28 2019, 8:35 am
It took us about 2 hours, but we have a lot of helpers. Can't say they were the most efficient but helpful enough. Pesach went out pretty late though, at almost 10pm.

amother
Pumpkin

Post Sun, Apr 28 2019, 8:44 am
doodlesmom wrote:
Just wondering if those who wait a couple of days to finish don't bring chametz into the kitchen till after?

We don’t bring Chametz.
No little kids live at home
Also we eat a keto way, so it’s not such a big deal. We don’t eat Chametz all year

allthingsblue

Post Sun, Apr 28 2019, 9:03 am
If my husband wasn't so eager to do it right away, I wouldn't mind waiting a day or two. I don't see any problem with not eating chometz; we've got plenty of matzah and other pesach food...we would not go hungry.

mommy3b2c

Post Sun, Apr 28 2019, 9:25 am
allthingsblue wrote:
If my husband wasn't so eager to do it right away, I wouldn't mind waiting a day or two. I don't see any problem with not eating chometz; we've got plenty of matzah and other pesach food...we would not go hungry.

Are you serious??

By the time motzai pesach comes around, I am starving. I cannot wait to eat some normal food. When I was a kid, every motzai pesach I begged my parents to buy us some bread or cereal, just something normal to eat. I wasn’t asking for pizza, I just didn’t want any more lady fingers and milk or matza and cheese. They used to smile smugly and tell us to eat some pesach cake. I promised I would never do that to my kids. I was really hungry! Lady fingers are really not very filling. Every motzai pesach we turn over the kitchen right away, and put up a pot of macaroni and cheese.

allthingsblue

Post Sun, Apr 28 2019, 9:29 am
mommy3b2c wrote:
Are you serious??

By the time motzai pesach comes around, I am starving. I cannot wait to eat some normal food. When I was a kid, every motzai pesach I begged my parents to buy us some bread or cereal, just something normal to eat. I wasn’t asking for pizza, I just didn’t want any more lady fingers and milk or matza and cheese. They used to smile smugly and tell us to eat some pesach cake. I promised I would never do that to my kids. I was really hungry! Lady fingers are really not very filling. Every motzai pesach we turn over the kitchen right away, and put up a pot of macaroni and cheese.

Yes I am serious...
When I was a guest in my parents' and in laws' homes, I was hungry. But making pesach in my home allowed me to cook plenty of the foods I enjoy...

Breakfast: eggs and coffee
Lunch: matzah pizza
Dinner: lots of meat/chicken options

Salads

Snacks: yogurt, cheese, fruit
Treats: chocolate, chips, lady fingers

Israeli_C

Post Sun, Apr 28 2019, 9:38 am
Last night I turned to DH and said to his wistfully "Just think about it... right now, alllllllll over Israel.... other Jews are doing their laundry too!"

Nothing like Pesach to bring everyone together!

ra_mom

Post Sun, Apr 28 2019, 10:45 am
groisamomma wrote:
For those wondering how people reuse them, we use the thin vinyl countertops that roll up for easy storage year after year. Wash, dry, roll, tape shut.

Is this what you mean?

https://www.containerstore.com.....00688

https://www.amazon.com/Warp-Br.....=8-19

PinkFridge

Post Sun, Apr 28 2019, 10:51 am
Ruchel wrote:
RUMPELNACHT

Pesach is packed away, though we still have to organize the boxes. That doesn't take so long. I took out a minimum of milchig, cleaned and put away small appliances (food processor, hand mixer) before the second days, and the rest of it b"H went quickly and smoothly. We used disposable cups and nice disposable cutlery, though we still had serving pieces.

But putting things back, which I believe is part of rumpelnacht, is an ongoing process....

tf

Post Sun, Apr 28 2019, 2:45 pm
lkwdlady wrote:
Can I see a picture or link of this? What do you store there? Is there enough room for dishes and pots?

https://www.wayfair.com/furnit......html
It’s not exactly the same but similar enough to get the idea. I got mine in a local store.
Over the cabinet-baking pans and huge mixing bowl
Top shelf-pots n pans
2- dishes
3- flatware glasses and mixer
4- plastic containers
5- odds n ends

amother
Rose

Post Sun, Apr 28 2019, 3:04 pm
allthingsblue wrote:

Same. We eat very well on Pesach. I missed nothing. (But I still get things 100% done before I go to bed when YT ends because I just don't trust anyone not to mess things up). Still, DH brought in pizza for lunch today and I have to admit it was pretty good.
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics