Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Tell me about your Bosch mixer

chocolatecake

Post Sun, Apr 28 2019, 4:33 pm
I am currently making 6 lbs of challah by hand and would love to treat myself to a bosch. Also I would love to be able to double or triple my cake and cookie recipes to have for the freezer. What should I look for Bosch? What features etc would u recommend?

ra_mom

Post Sun, Apr 28 2019, 4:35 pm
I make 5 pounds of dough in my Bosch. My MIL makes 6 pounds but I find that too stuffed. Get the stainless dough bowl for making Challah otherwise it's just a regular mixer.

amother
Navy

Post Sun, Apr 28 2019, 4:36 pm
one thing: get the SS bowl.

Cheshire cat

Post Sun, Apr 28 2019, 4:38 pm
I make 7 lbs at a time!

The machine handles it well, but I've been warned that the excessive weight might rip out the bottom of the bowl, whatever that means.

So far, three years in, and we're on a roll!

chocolatecake

Post Sun, Apr 28 2019, 6:04 pm
Thanks for the replies. I see the standard Bosch comes with a dough hook and a double whopper. Do I need to buy an attachment to bake with it? Everywhere I look online the basic model is around 400 and the stainless bowl is around 90 more. Is there a Jewish store that will be the price and does it ever go on sale?

asmileaday

Post Sun, Apr 28 2019, 6:28 pm
I found it to be pretty much the same price all over. Occasionally you can find a 20%off coupon from certain sites like bed bath and beyond or best buy.
The stainless steel bowl is for challah making. I did hear of people that used the white bowl for challah but I never tried that.
I wasn't successful with making 6lbs in the stainless steel bowl. It literally broke the plastic cover.
I only do 5lbs.
There's only 1 version (afaik) of the Bosch so there's no specific features to look for. It's all the same.

amother
Babyblue

Post Sun, Apr 28 2019, 6:39 pm
I’ve been doing 6 lbs for years.
Silver bowl only

ra_mom

Post Sun, Apr 28 2019, 6:41 pm
chocolatecake wrote:
Thanks for the replies. I see the standard Bosch comes with a dough hook and a double whopper. Do I need to buy an attachment to bake with it? Everywhere I look online the basic model is around 400 and the stainless bowl is around 90 more. Is there a Jewish store that will be the price and does it ever go on sale?

You must buy the stainless bowl in addition to the machine or the motor will go from the heaviness of the Challah dough.

chocolatecake

Post Sun, Apr 28 2019, 7:02 pm
Thanks. Can I bake a cake or cookies with the standard attachments it comes with or do I need to buy additional. It seems like it just comes with dough hook and a double whipping peice.

ra_mom

Post Sun, Apr 28 2019, 7:05 pm
chocolatecake wrote:
Thanks. Can I bake a cake or cookies with the standard attachments it comes with or do I need to buy additional. It seems like it just comes with dough hook and a double whipping peice.

You can whip whites, mix batter and everything else a mixer is used for with the standard pieces it comes with.

ez-pass

Post Sun, Apr 28 2019, 7:08 pm
I do six pounds at a time in the stainless steel bowl.

asmileaday

Post Sun, Apr 28 2019, 10:05 pm
I see that the updated version of the stainless steel bowl has the same center coming up like the white bowl. Doesn't that affect the capacity? My version is from 15yrs ago where the beaters get attached to the bottom of the bowl. I wonder.

https://www.everythingkitchens.....D_BwE

amother
Chocolate

Post Sun, Apr 28 2019, 10:39 pm
chocolatecake wrote:

I got mine about 15 months ago, on sale on amazon. It came with a whole bunch of extra batter and dough hook thingies. The three attachments that I use are the dough hook, the plastic add on for smaller batches of dough, and the metal cake batter thingies. The rest are still sitting in the original package. (I paid 340 ish, plus around 75 separately for the metal bowl. It was advertised on either kollel budget or pzdeals).

thunderstorm

Post Sun, Apr 28 2019, 10:43 pm
My Bosch broke after six years of making six lbs of challah. I had the stainless steel bowl which I used for challah dough. Ever since then I've been making challah by hand.
People have tried to discourage me from getting the same machine again. But what is better?

kerem

Post Sun, Apr 28 2019, 10:51 pm
I use the plastic bowl for 6 lbs of flour.

amother
Blue

Post Sun, Apr 28 2019, 10:51 pm
There's a man in Lakewood who fixes Bosch and other machines.. mine broke and after a year took it to him. Paid around $70 and bli ayin hora have had it since. That was around 7 years ago

kerem

Post Sun, Apr 28 2019, 10:52 pm
Forgot to mention that I called the company to ask if it’s ok to use the plastic bowl for that amount of flour and I was told that it’s ok.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen