Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
What’s the weirdest-awfulest thing you saw at Pesach hotel
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Sun, Apr 28 2019, 5:54 pm
I’ll start. 1) I was shocked when a woman laid down her baby in middle of the floor of the huge area where the buffet food was-to diaper the baby!!! Hello? Isn’t that what bathrooms are for??? By the food???

2) last night (motzi Pesach) at an 11 pm barbecue (the 5th meal of the day!!!) I asked one of the servers to please slice my steak from a more well-done piece than he was slicing from, and an older man behind me started to ridicule me because he was angry that he couldn’t get the well done piece I asked for. He got very mean and made fun of me and said something like oh she needs the other piece she must get what she wants don’t worry if other people want it... I was so shocked I could barely talk. And afterwards I was sorry I didn’t just put my piece of meat onto his plate and say to him-here you need it more than I do. All I told him was that I hope it’s worth the serious sin he gets for shaming someone publicly. What makes people act so wild and out of control when it comes to food? It was 11pm and our 3rd meat meal of the day!!! Was he starving? Why did he need to shame me over a pice of meat???

SuperWify

Post Sun, Apr 28 2019, 6:11 pm
candle lighting time.

I had just lit and was sitting down.

My very overly friendly baby walked over to another baby girl in a carriage that her 6 or 7 year old brother was pushing.

My kid- hi hi hello
She- go away!
Her brother quickly turned the carriage away protectively, and tried to shoo my son away.
My son, not one to give up so fast when it comes to toe tiak social interaction, tried again- hi, hi
This time she smacked him
My kid started to cry, I ran to him pick him up and quickly walked away.
The baby girl started to scream

The mom came back from lighting and saw her baby crying. In a foreign language I couldn’t understand she started to scream at her son pushing the carriage. She points to the crying baby as if it was his fault she was crying and then pulled the poor boy by his shirt and hit him repeatedly.

I sat there in shock.
I try to get up to tell her- it wasn’t your sons fault your baby is crying. It was my baby’s fault. Please don’t hurt him. He was taking such good care of her.

But she didn’t hear me.

She was too busy hitting him.

Now I understand why those poor kids were so aggressive.
Why even the 2 year old girl acted so hostile🙁

ectomorph

Post Sun, Apr 28 2019, 6:23 pm
Op, sorry but both of you sound a bit entitled.

Anyway, I was curious if anyone saw anything questionable in the kashrut of their hotel this year.

giselle

Post Sun, Apr 28 2019, 6:33 pm
ectomorph wrote:

Anyway, I was curious if anyone saw anything questionable in the kashrut of their hotel this year.

What did she say that makes her sound entitled? I reread the op and nothing of the sort jumps out at me.

amother
Salmon

Post Sun, Apr 28 2019, 6:36 pm
Somehow when it comes to crowds and food, it brings out the worst in people. People literally lose their minds and go nuts.

ra_mom

Post Sun, Apr 28 2019, 6:40 pm
OMG I'd never want to be in a buffet situation. If they're not serving waiter style, I might as well stay home.

amother
Salmon

Post Sun, Apr 28 2019, 6:47 pm
Superwify, why didn't you take away your son from the other kids when you saw them pushing him away?

thunderstorm

Post Sun, Apr 28 2019, 6:49 pm
amother [ Salmon ] wrote:
Superwify, why didn't you take away your son from the other kids when you saw them pushing him away?
she was bentching lecht and then she did take him away. That's how I understood it

Cheiny

Post Sun, Apr 28 2019, 6:54 pm
SuperWify wrote:
candle lighting time.

I had just lit and was sitting down.

My very overly friendly baby walked over to another baby girl in a carriage that her 6 or 7 year old brother was pushing.

My kid- hi hi hello
She- go away!
Her brother quickly turned the carriage away protectively, and tried to shoo my son away.
My son, not one to give up so fast when it comes to toe tiak social interaction, tried again- hi, hi
This time she smacked him
My kid started to cry, I ran to him pick him up and quickly walked away.
The baby girl started to scream

The mom came back from lighting and saw her baby crying. In a foreign language I couldn’t understand she started to scream at her son pushing the carriage. She points to the crying baby as if it was his fault she was crying and then pulled the poor boy by his shirt and hit him repeatedly.

I sat there in shock.
I try to get up to tell her- it wasn’t your sons fault your baby is crying. It was my baby’s fault. Please don’t hurt him. He was taking such good care of her.

But she didn’t hear me.

She was too busy hitting him.

Now I understand why those poor kids were so aggressive.
Why even the 2 year old girl acted so hostile🙁

OMG! If she unabashedly hit him in public, can you imagine how abusive she is in the privacy of her own home? She deserves to be reported to child services! To not even give him or you a chance to explain is just a sign of how abusive she is!

amother
OP

Post Sun, Apr 28 2019, 6:55 pm
ectomorph wrote:

Huh?? Entitled because I didn’t want the piece of meat that was bloody red and asked for a well done piece instead?? Are u kidding me??

amother
Silver

Post Sun, Apr 28 2019, 7:08 pm
ectomorph wrote:

Are you looking for problems?
Do you think hotels are treif???

At my hotel they had a lovely luau with the roast pig on open fire spit, but they had no bread, and by my standards, that is Pesach for me.

(I am kidding!!!)

I did see a lovely thing,
I met a reformed couple with their grown son and his non-Jewish girlfriend, who came to spend Passover at a glatt kosher hotel because the mother's grandmother kept Passover and it was important to her.

amother
Rose

Post Sun, Apr 28 2019, 7:39 pm
Did anyone see the video of the lady throwing plates of food at the waiters in a hotel in mexico because she found out that the splenda was kitnyos?

watergirl

Post Sun, Apr 28 2019, 7:45 pm
amother [ Rose ] wrote:
Did anyone see the video of the lady throwing plates of food at the waiters in a hotel in mexico because she found out that the splenda was kitnyos?

Unfortunately, I think most of us saw that video. It’s even been posted on reddit. Shame on the person who recorded it and more shame on that person for hitting “send”.

amother
Salmon

Post Sun, Apr 28 2019, 7:51 pm
DH friend was at a hotel program in Florida. On chol hamoed a loaf of bread was found in the kitchen. They had to close the kitchen, most people went home.
We looked into hotels at length, we did tons and tons of research and it's almost impossible for a hotel program that caters to so many people to be 100% kosher l'pesach, with all these crazy foods being served & the mashgichim involved in the kitchen to make sure everything runs smoothly.

L25

Post Sun, Apr 28 2019, 8:26 pm
why can't a hotel be kasher l'pesach. I usually stay home but I don't see why they can't be kosher and how can mashgichim certify them if they aren't kosher? I don't mind if the machgiach doesn't eat the food due to his own minhagim, chumras, but I trust them that it's kosher.

Last edited by L25 on Sun, Apr 28 2019, 9:00 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Beige

Post Sun, Apr 28 2019, 8:31 pm
amother [ Salmon ] wrote:
DH friend was at a hotel program in Florida. On chol hamoed a loaf of bread was found in the kitchen. They had to close the kitchen, most people went home.
We looked into hotels at length, we did tons and tons of research and it's almost impossible for a hotel program that caters to so many people to be 100% kosher l'pesach, with all these crazy foods being served & the mashgichim involved in the kitchen to make sure everything runs smoothly.

Is this the story I heard about a chef at a Pesach program who wasn't happy with his compensation and took revenge by bringing chometz into the hotel?

amother
Burgundy

Post Sun, Apr 28 2019, 8:38 pm
this thread is not about people venting their issues or about toeles

the thread title says it all

talk about a downer talk about negativity

going back to my positive vibes with authenticity thank you very much

amother
Puce

Post Sun, Apr 28 2019, 9:56 pm
ra_mom wrote:
OMG I'd never want to be in a buffet situation. If they're not serving waiter style, I might as well stay home.

I think most programs are generally buffet style. There are so many options (great for picky ppl like me!) and stations - not sure how that would work with plated waiter service.

allthingsblue

Post Sun, Apr 28 2019, 10:11 pm
Superwify my heart goes out to that poor boy. I literally have tears in my eyes. That is so heartbreaking

princessleah

Post Sun, Apr 28 2019, 10:21 pm
I was in a development in Florida in a house. The first night we got to the house, unpacked everything-- spent hours. We all went to bed exhausted at which point a swarm of BEDBUGS start crawling out of my parents' headboard.
<shudder>
Somehow DH and I escaped but my parents and kids are super bitten up. They moved us the next day. I've been vacuuming everything and running everything through super hot dryer. aagh
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics