Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
Pesach hotel positive reviews

bobeli

Post Sun, Apr 28 2019, 8:33 pm
As many ppl are talking at all the things that they saw in the hotel, can you give a positive review of the program you attended with names for the benefit of other imas.
Please only positive points, amother enabled I think

amother
Scarlet

Post Sun, Apr 28 2019, 8:43 pm
Jewish heritage center, at stamford hilton.
Good food
Inspiring speeches
Beautiful davening
Super nice people
Walked around many times in a snood and felt comfortable
Not a fashion show
A greatly appreciated break.

amother
Oak

Post Sun, Apr 28 2019, 8:57 pm
amother [ Scarlet ] wrote:
Good food
Inspiring speeches
Beautiful davening
Super nice people
Not a fashion show

Can you tell us who ran this program? Was it someone who calls himself chef Flamm?

bobeli

Post Sun, Apr 28 2019, 9:15 pm
She wrote it was the Jewish heritage center

amother
Jetblack

Post Sun, Apr 28 2019, 9:37 pm
Another positive review for Jewish Heritage Center - every year I feel that it boosts my ahavas chinam. Really a beautiful atmosphere!

amother
White

Post Sun, Apr 28 2019, 9:45 pm
Had a wonderful yt at Pesach with Bordeaux. But I spent it with people I really enjoy being with and am not fussy about food or the type to notice what other people are wearing so I can’t even comment on particulars other than to say the people seemed nice and it was well run and... I didn’t have to prepare, cook, serve, or clean up the food so of course I’m thrilled!

amother
Wine

Post Sun, Apr 28 2019, 10:41 pm
amother [ Scarlet ] wrote:
Good food
Inspiring speeches
Beautiful davening
Super nice people
Not a fashion show

I was there too, and totally agree! I’ve been to many other programs in the past and I can say this is by far the best one, in so many ways! Definitely less of a fashion show setting (there are still some “hotsie totsies” who do the magic clothes-changing act numerous times a day, etc, but at a much smaller scale than all the other programs I attended), great lectures, down to earth, friendly people, good entertainment, Good day camp and activities for kids, good chol hamoed Trips for kids and separate ones for adults, food is phenomenal (best caterer, imho, Greenwald of Lakewood). All around a great program.

amother
Forestgreen

Post Sun, Apr 28 2019, 10:49 pm
amother [ Wine ] wrote:
I was there too, and totally agree! I’ve been to many other programs in the past and I can say this is by far the best one, in so many ways! Definitely less of a fashion show setting (there are still some “hotsie totsies” who do the magic clothes-changing act numerous times a day, etc, but at a much smaller scale than all the other programs I attended), great lectures, down to earth, friendly people, good entertainment, Good day camp and activities for kids, good chol hamoed Trips for kids and separate ones for adults, food is phenomenal (best caterer, imho, Greenwald of Lakewood). All around a great program.

I’ll third this! Jewish Heritage Center runs a fantastic Pesach program. We have gone many times and I have enjoyed each time.

amother
Silver

Post Sun, Apr 28 2019, 11:07 pm
I posted a few times before Pesach about how I was apprehensive to go to Pesach with Chef Flam for the first time. I’m happy to say we had a really nice time, it exceeded expectations for a “budget” option, and I would readily go again for the same price. As an added bonus, it was definitely not a fashion show.

amother
Wine

Post Sun, Apr 28 2019, 11:09 pm
amother [ Silver ] wrote:
I posted a few times before Pesach about how I was apprehensive to go to Pesach with Chef Flam for the first time. I’m happy to say we had a really nice time, it exceeded expectations for a “budget” option, and I would readily go again for the same price. As an added bonus, it was definitely not a fashion show.

How was the food?

dankbar

Post Sun, Apr 28 2019, 11:11 pm
4 people were at same place irl & you didn't even know that you know each others from here?

amother
Lime

Post Sun, Apr 28 2019, 11:21 pm
Upscale getaways in San Diego.

First time going away for pesach. Resort is gorgeous, weather was perfect. Food was plentiful and amazing. Speeches great, fun activities, kids had a blast. Everyone was nice, mixed crowd, no judgement. Hope to come back next year.

happyone

Post Sun, Apr 28 2019, 11:26 pm
it was clean. food was gourmet and elegantly served. company was amazing. No pressure to dress up in 6" heels. very family oriented . mashgiach insured that all our personal chumras were met. accomodations were comfortable and spacious. a bit noisy in the afternoons as programming wasnt perfect for the.children.
overall was a gorgeous yom tov. Id definitely sign up again.

was run by my Husband and his chushuva wife Smile

amother
Amethyst

Post Sun, Apr 28 2019, 11:30 pm
FYI there is no such thing as 6 inch heels

amother
Silver

Post Sun, Apr 28 2019, 11:33 pm
amother [ Wine ] wrote:
How was the food?

Honestly it was “just okay”. Not an amazing luxury culinary experience but certainly edible and plentiful. I’m not picky though, and I’m not so “into” food. I was mostly just grateful to not be the one cooking it.

Don’t get me wrong, there were quite a few things that I really liked and were really good. Plus they have the same yummy omelette stations and pancake stations as every other Pesach hotel Wink

amother
Natural

Post Sun, Apr 28 2019, 11:35 pm
amother [ Amethyst ] wrote:

Um.... I just googled it. There sure are! And now that I googled it I'm sure that some inappropriate ads are going to pop into my in box...

imasoftov

Post Mon, Apr 29 2019, 4:31 am
amother [ Amethyst ] wrote:

'Smeagol has not heard of them. He does not want to see them. He does not want them to be."

amother
Peach

Post Mon, Apr 29 2019, 6:21 am
amother [ Forestgreen ] wrote:
I’ll third this! Jewish Heritage Center runs a fantastic Pesach program. We have gone many times and I have enjoyed each time.

I'm like that several posters have endorsed the same program. Can someone share an appropriate cost per person please? Thanks.

amother
Denim

Post Mon, Apr 29 2019, 7:15 am
chabad cabo mexico

bobeli

Post Mon, Apr 29 2019, 8:13 am
amother [ Denim ] wrote:
chabad cabo mexico

Can you elaborate on it?
I would love to vacation in cabo
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics