Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Dairy free ideas for baby

amother
OP

Post Mon, Apr 29 2019, 2:04 pm
It doesn't seem like my baby can tolerate dairy, any ideas to substitute cheese and yogurt foods?

hodeez

Post Mon, Apr 29 2019, 2:23 pm
I know this is not helpful but I just cut them out completely and focused on oatmeal, quinoa, and rice kashas for breakfast.

ra_mom

Post Mon, Apr 29 2019, 2:24 pm
There's nothing wrong with fleishig for breakfast.

amother
Orchid

Post Mon, Apr 29 2019, 2:44 pm
Eggs, dairy free yogurts, pancakes, waffles, bananas, avocados, oatmeal.
Daiya makes delicious dairy free cheese.
You can buy lactase drops and mix em into yogurt and cottage cheese.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Apr 29 2019, 2:53 pm
hodeez wrote:
I know this is not helpful but I just cut them out completely and focused on oatmeal, quinoa, and rice kashas for breakfast.

I'm not asking for breakfast I wanted to give that for snack and lunch actually. Any ideas for lunch I can send to daycare?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Apr 29 2019, 2:54 pm
amother [ Orchid ] wrote:
Eggs, dairy free yogurts, pancakes, waffles, bananas, avocados, oatmeal.
Daiya makes delicious dairy free cheese.
You can buy lactase drops and mix em into yogurt and cottage cheese.

I'm looking for protein ideas.

amother
Black

Post Mon, Apr 29 2019, 3:12 pm
Will daycare allow you to send fleishigs? I used to take leftovers of whatever we had for dinner the night before and send it for lunch with my baby who could not have dairy. He ate cubes of chicken, cut up meatballs, etc., along with a starch and/or veggie. How old is your baby?

thunderstorm

Post Mon, Apr 29 2019, 3:15 pm
Peanut butter has protein in it and my doctor is encouraging me to start my baby on that.
Eggs- scrambled
Tuna fish salad or tuna patties
Chicken cutlets cut into small pieces
Chicken legs cut into small pieces with rice , Kugel or mashed potatoes
Avocado and bread

amother
Copper

Post Mon, Apr 29 2019, 3:17 pm
isreali Bamba (peanut butter snack

amother
Cyan

Post Mon, Apr 29 2019, 3:21 pm
I send scrambled eggs, tuna patties, salmon when I feel fancy Smile, chicken, meatballs etc

momsrus

Post Mon, Apr 29 2019, 5:47 pm
thunderstorm wrote:
Peanut butter has protein in it and my doctor is encouraging me to start my baby on that.
Eggs- scrambled
Tuna fish salad or tuna patties
Chicken cutlets cut into small pieces
Chicken legs cut into small pieces with rice , Kugel or mashed potatoes
Avocado and bread

Please do not send peanut butter to playgroup.

amother
Silver

Post Mon, Apr 29 2019, 5:50 pm
momsrus wrote:
Please do not send peanut butter to playgroup.

If the playgroup has a peanut free policy because of a child with allergies, of course she can't send. Otherwise there's absolutely no reason not to.

momsrus

Post Mon, Apr 29 2019, 5:51 pm
amother [ Silver ] wrote:
If the playgroup has a peanut free policy because of a child with allergies, of course she can't send. Otherwise there's absolutely no reason not to.

There absolutely is a reason not to. For the other children that allergic to it.

You obviously do not have children with allergies.

amother
Orchid

Post Mon, Apr 29 2019, 5:53 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I'm looking for protein ideas.

Ok so basically everything I posted besides the pancakes and waffles! Avocado has plenty of protein.
Beans are good, too!
Get some lactase drops.

thunderstorm

Post Mon, Apr 29 2019, 6:00 pm
momsrus wrote:
There absolutely is a reason not to. For the other children that allergic to it.

Mothers that have kids with allergies inform the playgroup teacher to make sure that the foods her child is allergic to doesn't come into the premises. However if none of the kids have an allergy to peanuts there is no concern. As a matter of fact my pediatrician said to give me baby peanut butter now at 9 months and not wait until later as they have recently realized that the earlier the foods are introduced the less chance of allergy towards that food.
Of course if there is a kid there with a peanut allergy then it should be a peanut free zone.

amother
Silver

Post Mon, Apr 29 2019, 6:11 pm
momsrus wrote:

I actually do have multiple children with food allergies, anaphylactic.

I can't fathom a situation where a child has a serious peanut allergy and the playgroup doesn't put a peanut free policy into place.

If a parent wasn't informed of a policy, there's no reason to assume other kids in the playgroup are allergic. My kids anaphylactic allergies are not peanut. I wouldn't expect other parents to withhold all possible allergens without being informed of actual allergies in the class.

momsrus

Post Mon, Apr 29 2019, 6:11 pm
thunderstorm wrote:
Mothers that have kids with allergies inform the playgroup teacher to make sure that the foods her child is allergic to doesn't come into the premises. However if none of the kids have an allergy to peanuts there is no concern. As a matter of fact my pediatrician said to give me baby peanut butter now at 9 months and not wait until later as they have recently realized that the earlier the foods are introduced the less chance of allergy towards that food.
Of course if there is a kid there with a peanut allergy then it should be a peanut free zone.

I was not aware at 2 years old that my daughter was allergic to peanut butter. 2 years old is very young. It should not be in a playgroup.

aricelli

Post Mon, Apr 29 2019, 6:20 pm
I know its strange but my baby loves adult food like broccolli and chick peas (I mash it a bit because of the round shape.) She likes bread dipped into eggplant babaganush or hummus as well
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics