Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
What would it take for you to make Aliyah?
  Previous  1  2  3  14  15  16

amother
Cerise

Post Wed, May 08 2019, 1:44 pm
DrMom wrote:
Of course you can decide to do what you want. But:

1. If you are gong to write into a semi-public forum about it, you should expect people to engage with you, and perhaps ask questions or challenge your ideas.

2. If you are going to post incorrect or potentially misleading information (e.g., Israel doesn't allow maternity leave; pregnant workers must quit their jobs, almost all olim make minimum wage jobs and end up in poverty), you should expect people to correct your statements.

3. By posting misleading info, you might persuade otherwise enthusiastic Jews from making aliyah -- something I personally consider very damaging to Am Yisrael. So yeah, I will step in and offer facts.

4. Spreading misinformation about Israel that makes the country look bad. I think it's pretty nasty to speak ill about the Jewish homeland as an excuse for not wanting to live here, when in reality, you are just happy where you are and simply have no desire to make changes in this area of your life. If you scapegoat the Jewish homeland using false statements to justify your complacency, you should expect others to speak up.

I didn't mind at all that my statement was " corrected". The whole maternity leave issue was dealt with pages ago..
I don't mind people having a different opinion. You do.
I am happy for everyone who wants to move and is happy there.
People on this forum are all adults so I assume everyone has a functioning brain and can make decisions for themselves. If someone decides not to move to Israel because of one post they saw on imamother, they need serious help.

I still expect you to respect other people's opinions and stop behaving like you're a better person because you live in Israel.
Page 16 of 16   Previous  1  2  3  14  15  16 Recent Topics