Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room
Clean Young Adult Novels
Previous  1  2

Mothers

Post Wed, May 01 2019, 10:01 pm
Thank you everyone for all your helpful suggestions. I agree that YA novels are to be avoided, but my daughter feels that the books in the children’s section are too juvenile for her. This is why we are running into a problem. I will check out all of your recommendations and will welcome any additional ones.

Thanks again to all Smile

amother
Puce

Post Thu, May 02 2019, 12:14 am
Old old stuff from the flea market and garage sales. Especially because if there's only a page or two that you find problematic, you can feel free to remove.

Quote:
Elizabeth Enright's book- the Melendy Quartet (The Saturdays, The Four story Mistake...) and Goneaway Lake and Return to Goneaway are all great.
Oh my goodness, I can almost remember those. Since she died in 1968, any dates I'm seeing (on ebay) are republished dates. I grew up on those.

PinkFridge

Post Thu, May 02 2019, 9:44 am
amother [ Puce ] wrote:
Old old stuff from the flea market and garage sales. Especially because if there's only a page or two that you find problematic, you can feel free to remove.

Quote:
Elizabeth Enright's book- the Melendy Quartet (The Saturdays, The Four story Mistake...) and Goneaway Lake and Return to Goneaway are all great.
Oh my goodness, I can almost remember those. Since she died in 1968, any dates I'm seeing (on ebay) are republished dates. I grew up on those.

Fun books at any age, but probably optimal for fifth or 6thgrade. (But OP's daughter doesn't have to know. Wink )
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room