Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations
Gave the mmr today
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7

amother
Seafoam

Post Wed, May 01 2019, 5:56 pm
If he makes you he** just tell your husband you had a weak moment a shvache moment because you cannot keep them out of school. And continue giving. Sometimes you tell him if it works out you need to and other times skip the telling. Do you tell him everytime you take a culture for a child? No. So you "forget" sometimes to tell him. For darkey sholom you are probably allowed that you will only give the ones your are very pressured to give. You can ask also a "gite yid" if its OK to hide sometimes. Anyway. I would give the 2nd dose of MMR next month if this is what the schedule advises on the chart. Then the pertusis. Then meningitis. I would slowly on a slower pace give all. (Skip the HPV if you want for your teenagers). If the chicken pox shot gives less chances of shingles then give it. I think eventually chicken pox makes shingles and the shot avoids. Ask a doctor. Shingles is very painfull on adults and I think chicken pox shot can prevent a bit, ask the doctor. Meningitis and polio are extremely improtant. So do all very slowly but do it please. I have no medical background but I do work in healthcare and get short of breath when I see an 8 year old without a polio shot! This is out of the mind. Some controversials are saying that MMR is safer after 3 so the perents who are scared have my full blessing to make underground playgroups till age 3. Just let the yene maase kinderlech come back to school because they are out 5 months already.

amother
Apricot

Post Wed, May 01 2019, 6:16 pm
amother [ Seafoam ] wrote:
If he makes you he** just tell your husband you had a weak moment a shvache moment because you cannot keep them out of school. And continue giving. Sometimes you tell him if it works out you need to and other times skip the telling. Do you tell him everytime you take a culture for a child? No. So you "forget" sometimes to tell him. For darkey sholom you are probably allowed that you will only give the ones your are very pressured to give. You can ask also a "gite yid" if its OK to hide sometimes. Anyway. I would give the 2nd dose of MMR next month if this is what the schedule advises on the chart. Then the pertusis. Then meningitis. I would slowly on a slower pace give all. (Skip the HPV if you want for your teenagers). If the chicken pox shot gives less chances of shingles then give it. I think eventually chicken pox makes shingles and the shot avoids. Ask a doctor. Shingles is very painfull on adults and I think chicken pox shot can prevent a bit, ask the doctor. Meningitis and polio are extremely improtant. So do all very slowly but do it please. I have no medical background but I do work in healthcare and get short of breath when I see an 8 year old without a polio shot! This is out of the mind. Some controversials are saying that MMR is safer after 3 so the perents who are scared have my full blessing to make underground playgroups till age 3. Just let the yene maase kinderlech come back to school because they are out 5 months already.

I agree with most of what you wrote.

Please don't call cancer yenne maase; it makes us survivors feel like we are contaminated or belong chutz lamachne. We are not Other; we are survivors.

Yes, we we have an achrayus to protect the kids and adults who are immunocompromised from treatment. All the tzedakah a nonvaxxer gives to organizations to help cancer kids are worthless if they refuse to take steps to end this outbreak.

nchr

Post Wed, May 01 2019, 6:25 pm
amother [ Seashell ] wrote:
Proof?

Rate of Death from the Measles: 1 or 2 of 1,000 cases of the measles result in death or 0.1% or 0.2%

Rate of Severe Reaction to the MMR: 1 per 1 million or 0.0001%

Rates of overall moderate to severe reactions to the MMR vaccine are detailed below (note - not all are severe reactions)
Allergic reactions (including anaphylaxis) 3.5 or 10 per 1 million doses
Febrile seizures: 1 per 3,000 doses although some studies have found a higher rate
Thrombocytopenia: 1 per 30,000 or 40,000 doses
Encephalopathy & Encephalitis: less than 1 per 1 million doses (keep in mind this occurs 1 time out of 1,000 measles infections)

What the MMR Vaccine does not result in:
Subacute sclerosing panencephalitis (SSPE): Vaccine strain measles virus has NEVER been found to cause this, although it can occur from having a measles infection
Guillain–Barré Syndrome (GBS): Not enough scientific evidence has been found to accept or reject a link between the MMR vaccine and GBS, which can occur in about 1 per 1 million flu vaccinations.
Inflammatory bowel disease and autism: Studies have concluded that measles does not cause autism or inflammatory bowel disease.

I'd also like to offer some clarity on your statistic of 1 death per 30,000 reported cases because some people may find it confusing. This number is not relevant here, today, in the US because many cases outside of developed countries where medical care is not accessible are not reported. Likewise, when measles was endemic in the US and millions of individuals and children came down with the disease, the vast majority of people did not report it to their doctors. Do you call your doctor every time you have a cold? That's why the number today is actually 1 death per 10,000 reported cases, since medical care is more accessible, which includes vaccines so individuals are more likely to report cases. This number will continue to change until it reaches the 1 death per 1,000 reported cases as more medical facilities become available to everyone. Also, in a developed world where measles is rare, it is likely the reported and unreported cases will be almost identical since individuals are more likely to report cases either because the health department is monitoring them or because they themselves are concerned about them. Therefore, in a western country, there is no real difference between deaths in reported v. unreported cases and the death rate for measles is 1 or 2 per 1,000 cases.

mommy3b2c

Post Wed, May 01 2019, 7:02 pm
amother [ Amethyst ] wrote:
they actually have a lot of great information that IS 100% backed by scientifical evidence. Thats all you need sometimes. Do you actually believe that there are ZERO risks to vaccines?

No. I believe that a 1 in 3 million risk of a negative reaction to the MMR is a smaller risk then the 1 in 1000 risk of death from the measles.

Anybody who doesn’t understand that, is an idiot. It’s as simple as that.

amother
Pink

Post Thu, May 02 2019, 9:26 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thank you for your comments. If you'd have a dh like mine you'd be even sorrier. Please refrain from additional comments here, it isn't helpful to me.
I'm not looking for tips on marriage, tymv.

For all those who are telling op that in a normal marriage you don't go behind your husbands back, you don't betray his trust........I think you missed this post by OP. It doesn't sound like she has a very normal, ideal marriage. Some men can't be reasoned with. If you're married to someone normal it might be hard for you to understand this.

I've had to go behind my husband's back many times for my kids, it kills me each time but I have no choice. For instance, right now his business is failing and he's not making any money. I'm can't support the family on my own. He absolutely refuses to take anything from anyone, not money, not food, not from family not from tzedakah organizations. So I take money behind his back so that I can feed my kids and have a place to live with running water and electricity.

Yes, in an ideal marriage this would be very wrong, but it's not an ideal marriage so I don't have a choice. It sounds like OP is in a similar situation. And she has to do what she has to do for her kids sake. So you can keep beating her up about it or you can all be quiet. She knows it's not normal or ideal, she doesn't need to be told 100 times!

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 02 2019, 1:25 pm
So last night I had a long discussion with dh. Mostly just listened to his ideas. Listened to what he was wary of and what he was distrustful of and why.
I'll try to post exactly what he spoke about later.
But I thanked him for sharing his side with me. I think that's a win.

yerushamama

Post Fri, May 10 2019, 8:32 am
cdc states before 1963 vaccine, estimated 3 to 4 million cases of measles in US each year. 450-500 deaths each year. do the math. round it to highest possible number 500/3,000,000 = 1/6000. take middle of each 475/3,500,000= approx 1/7300 deaths.

my febrile seizure numbers come from WHO. many kids stay with the seizures for life. I know of a kid who died due to a seizure in his sleep and seizures were a result of mmr. seizures IS A SIGNIFICANT adverse reaction.

Please stop comparing apples and oranges - what is the rate of serious side effects of measles vs serious side effects of vaccine? I really would love to see an answer to this, as a mother who believes strongly in the good of vaccinations while not dismissing the potentials for side effects. Does anyone have this data?

embarrassed
looks like several others have said the same thing - sorry for the repitition, but would appreciate the data, if anyone has it.

amother
Firebrick

Post Fri, May 10 2019, 9:48 am
cdc states before 1963 vaccine, estimated 3 to 4 million cases of measles in US each year. 450-500 deaths each year. do the math. round it to highest possible number 500/3,000,000 = 1/6000. take middle of each 475/3,500,000= approx 1/7300 deaths.

my febrile seizure numbers come from WHO. many kids stay with the seizures for life. I know of a kid who died due to a seizure in his sleep and seizures were a result of mmr. seizures IS A SIGNIFICANT adverse reaction.

Please don't quote some stats and leave out others. Prior to vaccine 400-500 deaths a year. Yes. But also 1000 cases of encephalitis and 48,000 hospitalizations yearly.

https://www.cdc.gov/measles/ab......html

Also febrile seizures are due to fever, not due to the MMR vaccine in particular. I know children with febrile seizures who are completely unvaccinated. Or get febrile seizures from viral illnesses. The MMR vaccine has nothing to do with febrile seizures, other than you may develop a fever after the vaccine which may then trigger a seizure, like any other fever would.

youngishbear

Post Fri, May 10 2019, 9:52 am
amother [ Firebrick ] wrote:
Please don't quote some stats and leave out others. Prior to vaccine 400-500 deaths a year. Yes. But also 1000 cases of encephalitis and 48,000 hospitalizations yearly.

https://www.cdc.gov/measles/ab......html

Also febrile seizures are due to fever, not due to the MMR vaccine in particular. I know children with febrile seizures who are completely unvaccinated. Or get febrile seizures from viral illnesses. The MMR vaccine has nothing to do with febrile seizures, other than you may develop a fever after the vaccine which may then trigger a seizure, like any other fever would.

And again, people who are susceptible to febrile seizures should avoid the diseases that come with high fever, such as measles.

Last edited by youngishbear on Fri, May 10 2019, 4:34 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Seashell

Post Fri, May 10 2019, 3:34 pm
nchr wrote:
Rate of Death from the Measles: 1 or 2 of 1,000 cases of the measles result in death or 0.1% or 0.2%

Rate of Severe Reaction to the MMR: 1 per 1 million or 0.0001%

Rates of overall moderate to severe reactions to the MMR vaccine are detailed below (note - not all are severe reactions)
Allergic reactions (including anaphylaxis) 3.5 or 10 per 1 million doses
Febrile seizures: 1 per 3,000 doses although some studies have found a higher rate
Thrombocytopenia: 1 per 30,000 or 40,000 doses
Encephalopathy & Encephalitis: less than 1 per 1 million doses (keep in mind this occurs 1 time out of 1,000 measles infections)

What the MMR Vaccine does not result in:
Subacute sclerosing panencephalitis (SSPE): Vaccine strain measles virus has NEVER been found to cause this, although it can occur from having a measles infection
Guillain–Barré Syndrome (GBS): Not enough scientific evidence has been found to accept or reject a link between the MMR vaccine and GBS, which can occur in about 1 per 1 million flu vaccinations.
Inflammatory bowel disease and autism: Studies have concluded that measles does not cause autism or inflammatory bowel disease.

I'd also like to offer some clarity on your statistic of 1 death per 30,000 reported cases because some people may find it confusing. This number is not relevant here, today, in the US because many cases outside of developed countries where medical care is not accessible are not reported. Likewise, when measles was endemic in the US and millions of individuals and children came down with the disease, the vast majority of people did not report it to their doctors. Do you call your doctor every time you have a cold? That's why the number today is actually 1 death per 10,000 reported cases, since medical care is more accessible, which includes vaccines so individuals are more likely to report cases. This number will continue to change until it reaches the 1 death per 1,000 reported cases as more medical facilities become available to everyone. Also, in a developed world where measles is rare, it is likely the reported and unreported cases will be almost identical since individuals are more likely to report cases either because the health department is monitoring them or because they themselves are concerned about them. Therefore, in a western country, there is no real difference between deaths in reported v. unreported cases and the death rate for measles is 1 or 2 per 1,000 cases.

if you are going with the theory of underreporting in measles, dont forget to consider that vaers also suffers from severe underreporting. side effects of vaccines are reported way less , estimated at 1% to 10% of actual adverse reactions because of doctors reluctance to make the connection between vaccine and adverse reaction
Page 7 of 7   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7 Recent Topics